mrferret

Convenience for both Veterans and Newbies alike

I think what I'm about to suggest here would be a game changer and will make it easier for everyone. Plus, it'll prolly attract more players to go online. What I'm suggesting is a Board/Pole/NPC that take request from players. Such as farming material request.

Players may put up a request like "LF>1k Materials" and place the payment (usually in the form of Tokens) and will require 1m zeny for the request to be input onto the Board/Pole/NPC. The duration of each request will last about a week. If no one takes the request, then the request will be taken down but the Tokens for payment will be refunded back to the client who place the request. Also, the client can cancel the request anytime they want if they need the Tokens for something else. 

Maximum request per week I say 100 and each players can take a maximum of 5 request/job. The duration will depend on the client who put up the request. After a player has accepted the request, it will automatically open a 1:1 chat between the players. They will discuss more on the request and duration. And after both parties has done what is needed, eg; the player has donated the materials to the Board/Pole/NPC, players will automatically receive the payment and the client will receive the materials.

I know this is not idealistic but it's a start for starter farmers/ newbie to gain Tokens in game. This suggestion might not see the day of light but I thought it would be great to have something like this. This suggestion was inspired from a lot anime that has RPG element to it like the latest anime, Goblin Slayer, which has a request boards for adventurers. So, I thought if something like this is introduced in this server, it'll make it more unique than other server.    

I like this idea! +1

A board/npc where people can place orders for items and the tokens go into an escrow. You put in the item ID, quantity and amount of tokens you're paying for it.

If someone has the same item and quantity they can click accept or thereof and get paid whereas the player who's placed the order gets the items on storage or has to collect them from the board. 

This is a great idea, it'll help eliminate the selling related issues for people in different time zones and make buying and selling a lot smoother for certain item types. Almost like vending, except instead of zeny payments you can get token payments. 

It would also remove the toxcitiy involved when players communicate and an item is being low balled or over priced. 

On the flip side it also removes a lot of player communication which may not be desireable as the community might end up interacting even less with each other. 

How hard would this be to make? Is it a feasible option? 

@Ebisu @Genesis

Edited by dadron3

+1 By far an amazing amazing suggestion! Of course yall went in-depth so you really don't need a repeat of what I'm gonna say...but yes! This will definitely help business with newbies/buyers/etc. ❤️ Doing work! Mr.Ferret ? ❤️

This is nice but might be a lot of work cause i can already think of  a lot of ways on how it would be unfair if this wqs abused like take 5 different jobs per char then change and hoard .... even if u put IP block Since the job expires 1 week ... u can just literally take job > log out change ip > take new job repat hoard (assuming its a reserve kind of board jobs)

To be honest I already do this in our Guild and it really helps newbies grow with their own effort ... a lot of friends of mine & strangers were nice enough to gib jobs to us and i post it .. reserve it .. then give the payment.  We also do mvping tgt mostly before to kill time and people even come to us to hire raiders , our more geared ones, and they can earn with hard work

Basically what i just do and will always do is just open opportunities for my newbies and its up to them to make the most of it .

NEWBIES WELCOME TO JOIN FREE KIDNAPPP GO 11 HAHAHAHHA AWOOOOOO

Edited by gunxsword11

What if you couldn't take a job, if this was more like if you have the items, deposit them here and collect the tokens offered..

It would encourage people to farm all sorts of items regardless of whether someone broadcasts it. 

Just a regular market, B> price. S> price. If you're buying the tokens go into an escrow for the duration of your request or until someone sells you the items requested. If you're selling you put the items in escrow for the duration of your request until someone pays the tokens. 

Remove the concept of job reservation. 

+1

Oooh!!! We doing this anime style now, finally!!! Huehue... I totally support this, but on the concept of "cancelling" the request, probably might not be the suitable idea... I mean, imagine if the farmer was about halfway done and still has ample time to finish the order but then the client cancels the request, that'd be a disappointment and other farmers might not take up on some quests due to bogus clients... So, if you were to put up an order, you should be clear enough and pay in advance (to the NPC) and just collect the reimbursed tokens back when the quest/order expires (as suggested, a week)...

And since we're talking about anime, remember, Log Horizon. ? 

@gunxsword11I was kidnapped to ur base. Do offer me some farming job. I need em Tokens. As well all do. It's a reserve base. Once someone takes the request then it is bound to that player til they input the requested items/ cancel the request. No request is repeatable unless the same player puts up the same requested item at a same amount. 

@dadron3Yes, that is good too. Accepting jobs are ways to secure your place to get the payment for the request. If you just browse on the Board/Pole/NPC and see the materials needed, did not accept the request and went out to farm it, you might come back and disappointed that the request has been taken. It's best to accept them 1st then go on ur merry way to get them leisurely.

@AmicableWhy thank you, Jay. Will try to be more active in both forum and game.

This would be an excellent implementation!

About the duration. The duration could be about for 3 days. Then once a farmer decides to take the job, this player will have a maximum of 1 week to finish the job. Because of the farming duration limit the prices should also be considered as some items are not easily farmed.

Secondly the fee should be more than 1 million zeny per job request, to keep the value of zeny in game.

Finally, about the cancellation. I think it would be better if the client can not cancel the request once the job has been taken. The client can only cancel the farming request if it's still open and no one has taken it.

+1. Amazing!

@NadtoriousThat would be a better way to cancel the request. Depend on droprate and mob spawn I think the duration of the request will be longer for harder/ a lot of item and shorter for the easy/ low amount of item. 

Just now, mrferret said:

@NadtoriousThat would be a better way to cancel the request. Depend on droprate and mob spawn I think the duration of the request will be longer for harder/ a lot of item and shorter for the easy/ low amount of item. 

Yes brother. Agree.

On 11/12/2018 at 2:15 PM, mrferret said:

@gunxsword11I was kidnapped to ur base. Do offer me some farming job. I need em Tokens. As well all do. It's a reserve base. Once someone takes the request then it is bound to that player til they input the requested items/ cancel the request. No request is repeatable unless the same player puts up the same requested item at a same amount. 

NEW KIDNAP !!! ...... wuts ur IGN in game ? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lemme add u to discord then XD ...... for the jobs jobs wooooooooo

Yah thats the point its bound meaning the job will stay with ur char as long as u accept it ..... now imagine if someone just stays there the entire day just to hoard/rsv jobs on DIFF chars on DIFF accounts (changing IPs) ...... then u can prob hoard it on ur own assuming others were slow enough for that to happen or isn't even there when the job was posted ..... no offense but aside from newbies even the old players still need income and sometimes it goes overboard ...... but yah just stating a possibility so if they can come up with a way to prevent that then thats a good thing

Godly suggestion ❤️

But requires a huge job load 4 GM team

Well done n banzai ?

• Like 1