Ohki

Thana Room: Hide Npc While Occupied

I think I've come up with, if not a solution, then at least an improvement on dealing with people using third-party means to get into the Thana room.

I don't know exactly how the Thana room's programming works, but if it would be possible to simply hide the NPC while the room is occupied so that it's only visible while the room is open, it would make it so you have to actually click the NPC and go through all the dialog and bot check, rather than just being able to have it open up to the bot check so that all you have to do is hit enter when it opens...

Edit: And maybe put one of those chat signs or something near it so people still know it's actually there, lol ...

Edited by Ohki
  • Like 1

+1 I'm never using Thana room myself, but at least I enter Thana room in this server once long times ago.

And by looking at current system, there is plenty of program like auto clicker and such to use so people can enter way more faster then another people.

Since 0.1 sec is matter to enter the room.

And there is a problem since Thana room reopened slightly before its broadcast. So this will give advantage to the person who kill it before.

Since only him know the exact second Thana died and readjust his auto clicker timer. Might as well make the Thana room reopened a bit late then its broadcast.

Lets say make it randomly open between 3 to 5 sec interval after its broadcast.

To prevent hoarding, randomized is the best approach to prevent the ussage of 3PP.

Edited by gennova

@gennova

Auto-clickers aren't really effective anymore with the bot check implemented, and the timer starts after you kill Thana and relog, so unless you're multi-clienting, you have to skip a turn.

Edited by Ohki

@gennova

Auto-clickers aren't really effective anymore with the bot check implemented, and the timer starts after you kill Thana and relog, so unless you're multi-clienting, you have to skip a turn.

But I'm sure Thana hoarder will dual login at least 2 XD

run {-30minutes [@warp room <x> <y>] then /execute click <x> <y> if [val:1] then @say 'what ever anti-bot code is'} <-- o.o! don't know what I typed but it look cool >D!.

h4x0r *-*

This "yuzero" guy is using dual clients, probably more. Hahaha I've seen one of his characters around the mvp room (thana room is occupied already) but still the one who killed Thana then was also a character named yuzero. Sigh... I hope there's a bigger window for everybody so that different people can enter that summon room at least just once.

+1 Good suggestion, by doing this, entering thana room will not be a matter of who clicked faster to enter...

This will force all the people to write the bot check and do the steps manually.

It's even more unfair for people who has high ping, at least on hitting Enter you have more chance than waiting for the npc to respond back to you (if you have high ping you will understand what I mean).

If you are failing now all the time by hitting Enter, what you think it will change by clicking on the NPC and going to all the menus?

@Puding

If everyone has to go through the dialog manually, a tenth of a second or so difference in ping isn't gonna make any difference... Also, the word you have to type in for the bot check might be a short 3 number password, or it might be a longer word like "paladin", a randomization factor that makes it an even fairer chance for everyone.

Where was this suggestion when I was the one who couldn't get in?????????

The system has been changed already and still u guys are crying over this? Ohki why complain now? since someone can actually beat u in entering thana room? i didn't see u give this suggestion when u were hoarding the room. i didn't see this suggestion when lowel was hoarding the room. its just that I became better than u both and u just cant accept the fact that u cant enter the room anymore against me. What a LOSER for suggesting this. Those who cant perform complain and accuse right? and yes I'm triple logging just to bloody enter the room every 2 hrs. That's the kind of effort i give to get a card from that room. Since the system has been changed everyone has a chance to enter the room its just a matter of good timing. don't cry over this Ohki i still miss my timing sometimes and as u can see other people are entering the room. its just a matter of effort over tears.

This server is not about you Ohki just because you cant enter doesn't mean GMs will do what you suggested to make it favorable for you. Sad to say your time has ended let the "newbies" like me use the room. =P

Edited by yuzero

@yuzero

First of all, you give yourself far too much credit my friend, this has nothing to do with you. There have been plenty of hoarders before either of us, and I'm sure there'll be more. I came up with this idea after realizing how easy it still is to get in with as much as a simple script, despite the addition of the bot check.

I find it interesting though that wanting to make it more fair for everyone angers you enough to write an entire paragraph basically just insulting me and giving no real feedback ... as if sheer "effort" is going to so drastically improve your reaction time over other peoples' in the such a short amount of time you've been doing the Thana room, people who have been doing it for months and months before you even came along and have had plenty of practice honing their own reaction time...

This server is not about you Ohki just because you cant enter doesn't mean GMs will do what you suggested to make it favorable for you. Sad to say your time has ended let the "newbies" like me use the room. =P

How exactly would my suggestion make it more favorable for me, or anyone else for that matter?

Please explain, because it seems to me like you're just raging because you know it would make it fair...

The system has been changed already and still u guys are crying over this? Ohki why complain now? since someone can actually beat u in entering thana room? i didn't see u give this suggestion when u were hoarding the room. i didn't see this suggestion when lowel was hoarding the room. its just that I became better than u both and u just cant accept the fact that u cant enter the room anymore against me. What a LOSER for suggesting this. Those who cant perform complain and accuse right? and yes I'm triple logging just to bloody enter the room every 2 hrs. That's the kind of effort i give to get a card from that room. Since the system has been changed everyone has a chance to enter the room its just a matter of good timing. don't cry over this Ohki i still miss my timing sometimes and as u can see other people are entering the room. its just a matter of effort over tears.

Either I smell butt-hurt or I smell scripting huehue sad.

+1 to this suggestion. Give EVERYONE a fair chance do it MANUALLY

Please learn a proper way on how to reply a suggestion without going rampant like this.

• Like 1

The salt.

You're clearly threatened by this idea, threatened by the fact that your greed could possibly come to a halt.

The irony in what you say is fucking mind blowing.

Very unwelcoming attitude, which is why you'll always remain a nobody here.

This is not a proper answer to the topic. Dont get mad, is not about you (althought I dont like hoaders), is about fair competition.

Bumping because this really needs to be addressed, the Thana Room is being completely monopolized by 2 or 3 people and their many alts who I am 110% certain are using 3rd party means to gain entrance and I could provide an example or two of how it might be done to the higher-ups if need be. It's driven up the cost of the card to unprecedented levels, and since I believe Thana prices to be a large influence in the overall economy, I think revising the system (maybe not in this particular way, but somehow that forces people to manually go through the dialog and bot check) could at least start to heal the unchecked disaster that is currently our economy...