Ableton

Autocasting and Cast Delays

Question:

Are those autocast skills affected by Kiel's cast delay reduction?

Example:

Let's say i have a stormy knight on my weapon. Will storm gust trigger more often if i'm wearing 3 kiels? Will it trigger less w/o kiels?

It's hard to tell since auto casting is only by a certain %. It's hard to know if the frequency of the triggering is caused by the skill's cast delay or by it's allotted auto casting percentage or both.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Ableton

Autocast are random casting scenario type ❤️ 

So kiel cards does it effect due to autocats too=reduces the cast delay of the autocast ❤️ 

Just try it with hybrid str/int job types/ eq duo ifrit rings+full kiel=u would knew know the results then ❤️ 

Edited by niemono89

In my experience, the skills that are autocasted are not affected, but for example, if you autocast Sonic Blow without kiels, using any other skill won't be possible for a few seconds. So if someone is hitting you constantly, and you keep casting sonic blow one after another, you won't be able to use any skill because the after-cast delay of it blocks any other skill.

If it wasn't clear enough, kiel doesn't affect the chance of autocasting skills or their speed, but it does affect the delay if you wanna use any other skill that is not autocasted.

5 hours ago, Brianology! said:

theres no relationship between the kiels and autocast things like SK and ifrit rings etc kiels only reduce the after cast delay and does not directly affect the chance % of casting those certain skills

Yes of course, cast delay and % cast chance are completely different parameters.

3 hours ago, Ebisu said:

In my experience, the skills that are autocasted are not affected, but for example, if you autocast Sonic Blow without kiels, using any other skill won't be possible for a few seconds. So if someone is hitting you constantly, and you keep casting sonic blow one after another, you won't be able to use any skill because the after-cast delay of it blocks any other skill.

If it wasn't clear enough, kiel doesn't affect the chance of autocasting skills or their speed, but it does affect the delay if you wanna use any other skill that is not autocasted.

I've tried that as well, if im not wearing kiels, i could'nt cast any of my skill just right after an autocasted skill.

But let's say, let's just say:

You have an autocast skill that has 100% cast chance. (I know there's nothing like that, but just for the sake of discussion.)

Now, will the frequency of autocasting be different with and w/o kiels?

14 hours ago, Ableton said:

Yes of course, cast delay and % cast chance are completely different parameters.

I've tried that as well, if im not wearing kiels, i could'nt cast any of my skill just right after an autocasted skill.

But let's say, let's just say:

You have an autocast skill that has 100% cast chance. (I know there's nothing like that, but just for the sake of discussion.)

Now, will the frequency of autocasting be different with and w/o kiels?

Yes because the after cast delay is either reduced or not depending if u have kiels. So if you have 3 kiels, ( using your 100% cast chance hypothetically ) you will cast that skill every auto-attack but if you don't have 3 kiels, there will be a delay after your character uses the autocasted skill so yes the frequency will be different with and without kiels.

Autocasting will still have the cast delay of any normal skill, and from my experience autocasting does not interrupt auto attacks, but some autocast skills like sonic blow and asura strike that have an animation will cancel your auto attacks. It's weird because auto casted skills that also have an animation like meteor assault and a lot of magical skills don't cancel your character's auto attacks at 195 aspd.

4 hours ago, Brianology! said:

Yes because the after cast delay is either reduced or not depending if u have kiels. So if you have 3 kiels, ( using your 100% cast chance hypothetically ) you will cast that skill every auto-attack but if you don't have 3 kiels, there will be a delay after your character uses the autocasted skill so yes the frequency will be different with and without kiels.

Ohhh i see. Now it's clear to me. Thanks for clarifying bro.