速い 

Increase Old Emp Drop Rates

nzxgtUO.jpg

It's simple, increase the old emperium aura drop rates.

Why?

It's already so difficult for new players to actually get anywhere on this server, I was one of them when I came back to fRO last summer. The only reason I got anywhere was because my friends helped me by loaning. If it was anyone else, they'd probably still be almost nowhere right now. The main guilds that currently are at the top of this server most likely won't accept someone who isn't geared.

Even if you manage to find a guild, what's the point? Let's take Elysian for example, they have been and still are dominating woe, holding 2-3 castles consistently.

Though even they are having troubles meeting the requirements of players, drops are so rare and the fact that an orange emp drop rate is equal to the drop rate of a red emp. A new player at the end of the drop list for a cheap (not even cheap, just considerably more cheaper than a red emp) emp even in Elysian could technically be waiting for more than a year before actually getting a drop.

The way drop rates currently work, it's almost impossible for a new player to get fully geared (on our high rate), the amount of effort previously put in by players years ago does not match the same amount of effort that new players need to put in to get geared, it's simply too hard for new players to get anywhere.

I'm proposing a change in old emp drop rates, and before you actually -1, don't just post a half-assed comment with no actual reasoning behind it.

Meet.

Edited by 速い 
  • Like 1

Practically speaking, it would make sense if every emp sold for the same price, seeing as how they all have the same drop rate, but the fact of the matter is that orange/green/purple/blue emps will never be thought of as valuable as the newer colors, and the prices of these emps have more than tripled compared to what they were two years ago, making them not really all that sensible to even buy anymore because of the much cheaper alternatives.

+1

+1 The old emps should be a common item while the new colors like sky blue or red should be a rare item. The old emps have been here since forever but they still cost around 4-9k tokens depending on the color. This makes it extremely hard for new players to get emps.

I don't see the drop rate as much of the issue. I find that hoarding and greed are the major factor on why emps/drops are expensive and why newbies have a hard time getting them. Yes, I see that emps like red and orange have the same drop rate but have a huge price difference but in regard to that, people do have preference in why this emp is more expensive than that emp.

Just my 2 cents

I don't see the drop rate as much of the issue. I find that hoarding and greed are the major factor on why emps/drops are expensive and why newbies have a hard time getting them. Yes, I see that emps like red and orange have the same drop rate but have a huge price difference but in regard to that, people do have preference in why this emp is more expensive than that emp.

Just my 2 cents

They don't really have a choice, people have acquired emps from years ago, which are now basically recycled from one person to another on the server, which is why the emps are cheaper than emps like red and skyblue but are still ten times more expensive than they were available before. The .2% chance of getting an old emp now makes it so much harder for new players to even acquire emps; the value of the emps itself have soared this high as a result of the drop ratio being decreased. Players are pushed towards buying/selling these emps at these prices because of the demand and how hard it is to acquire now.

Also another thing (thanks to Ohki for reminding me, as I wasn't here at the time), the old emps were completely removed as a drop from castles for a certain period of time, which is another reason why the emp prices soared so high.

Meet.

Edited by 速い 

Well first of all that would be only good for the dominated woe guilds bc they would make more profit about it. For the first times there would not much difference for the new players when

they dont in a dominated woe guild. But maybe when they are more old emps because of the higher drop rate, the prices will go down because of the more amount of the dropped old emps. And when

the guys who get the drops then, sell it cheaper, then maybe it would be fine.

So +1 from me meeeeetwuuurst

It's the community and the economy that's the problem. Prices weren't even bad 1 year ago. It's the people that are active in the market, i mean cmon, Fsold is around 2k now.. wtf

Edited by plok123

It's the community and the economy that's the problem. Prices weren't even bad 1 year ago. It's the people that are active in the market, i mean cmon, Fsold is around 2k now.. wtf

That's a different issue, that's not what we're here to talk about. If you're saying that the emps are now in the price ranges of 4,000 - 9000 tokens, you may want to actually sit down and think about this again. This isn't an issue whereby players are overpricing items because they feel like it, this is because the old emps were made unavailable for a certain time period as well as being introduced back with a .2% drop rate, which is equal to the drop rates of the current rare emps. Fsold's price has increased because the drop rate was decreased, it speaks for itself. The drop in the chance of getting an old emp has directly affected the economy, there's a huge spike in demand for emps.

And to address what you were talking about how players are overpricing, that's a general issue across the board, and it's not overpriced by that much. But then again, just don't buy what you're not ready to pay for, it'll eventually decrease in price, no one's going to keep selling at a certain price if they aren't getting anyone to buy it.

Meet.

Edited by 速い 

Was thinking of suggesting this months ago, but when you are the guild "dominating" as you said everyone will just reply with rage comments that have nothing to do with the actual topic such as "YOU'RE ONLY SUGGESTING THIS BECAUSE YOU HAVE 3~5 CASTLES WAHAHAHA BLAH BLAH", but regardless I wanted this months ago. +1

You cannot blame the big guilds for hoarding drops anyway as that is a different issue all on its own. We have to admit that VERY few guildmasters would actually hand out drops to people they are not friends with, that is normal nowadays.

I am fairly neutral on this, but I am leaning more on disagreeing. While i do not mind having the drops increased, i do not mind if it stays the same as well. The reasoning of "because newbies are having a hard time" is too far fetched, we all know that is not the reason. Having an Emp will not automatically make a "newbie" instantly geared, and there are other auras out there that are questable/voteable that has +20 all stats, which is just less 5 points from the emp and minus the extra hp and damage. Butterfly auras, skull auras and other donate auras are also out there and are cheaper than emps but still works. I do not use an emp on my bio, will you call me undergeared just because of that?

Different color emps are just aesthetics anyway, that is why some are priced higher than the others. And since there are cheaper emps, I see no reason of increasing the drops of the others.

If your aim is to get geared, why in the hell would you aim for an aura priced at 4k tokens when you can get a cheaper one that has the same stats, just a different color?

The prices will not change EVEN if you increase the drop rate IF the guilds hoard the drops and people buy at higher prices. This will not fix it anyway so why bother doing it?

I still blame the economy people ;) wasnt just talking about emps, i know that of course the emps that were unavailable would be a lot expensive, but the ones that were still available, with the same drop rate, was going high fast, and all the other items, mvp cards, friggs, and whatever. It's just the general douchebags of the economy who makes the inflation stupid, it's like a corrupted country where the rich gets richer and the poor just remains poor :3

Edited by plok123

I still blame the economy people ;) wasnt just talking about emps, i know that of course the emps that were unavailable would be a lot expensive, but the ones that were still available, with the same drop rate, was going high fast, and all the other items, mvp cards, friggs, and whatever. It's just the general douchebags of the economy who makes the inflation stupid, it's like a corrupted country where the rich gets richer and the poor just remains poor :3

I really dislike when people say things like this. The reason the poor stay poor is because most of the time, they are lazy or not trying and just sit on their ass waiting for something to happen. There are several things you can do to change your state of wealth in this game. For instance, you can WoE for a guild, several guilds pay salary for doing events with them(if your argument to this is something along the lines of "oh i have no gear" or "not geared enough" most guilds take players long as they are active and have an Fset and Cape which you can vote for both now so no excuse). You can use the thana room, it's basically free since all you have to do is hunt the frags for what? An 8k payout or something around there? Not to mention hunting zeny or questing LHZ or legendary weapons which are bought frequently.

Yes, I agree some people overprice items unfairly, but if someone sees this and they want to get that much for the same item they have, are they wrong for this? I don't think so, but the cycle continues and until more items start to flood the server or everyone starts to sell their items, this won't change.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

I didn't know whether gonna agree or disagree since the reason for this suggestion is a bit weird in my point of view.

I didn't see increasing emp drop will help newbie in anyway (or maybe a little bit undirect) as for even if this suggestion passed I'm sure newbie won't feel it right away.

And as for newbie I think emp is the last concern in their mind, as for not many class out there best using emp. And even if the drop increased and the price lowered, I think newbie still prefer to buy ring and valk weapon then afford emp first. since its more effective that way. Even for breaker sinx I see Original Zodiac aura can be put on par with emp in case you didn't have one. The same goes for champ using colored LHZ or Lovely Ribbon in case didnt have emp and won't feel the different much. As we all know donation aura is twice more cheaper then the cheapest emp.

all i see who want this is the only guild who is currently dominating.. i bet if you are on the opposite side you will not allow this stupid suggestion.. drop rate are already good as it is. stop thinking about your damn self.

all i see who want this is the only guild who is currently dominating.. i bet if you are on the opposite side you will not allow this stupid suggestion.. drop rate are already good as it is. stop thinking about your damn self.

Called it.

I disagree for a few reasons:

1: The only reason offered in this topic for actually changing it is because 'it's too hard to get' or it 'is too expensive' I don't see these as reasons for changing it I will explain this further in point 2. Additonally I don't see if you'd change the drop rate why it would only be the older emps that had their drop chance changed. If you really suggested this so that 'newbies' can get gear faster, you'd suggest all emp's droprates to be highered not just the old ones. This leads me to believe that you simply want the old emps to drop value so that the new ones become even more expensive and 'rare' compared to other drops. In other words this seems like a suggestion to make the rich (owners of the newest emps) richer and the average/poor even poorer.

2: Noone forces anyone to get an EMP. In fact there's other, and in most cases better, aura's to get for lower geared people.

the amount of effort previously put in by players years ago does not match the same amount of effort that new players need to put in to get geared, it's simply too hard for new players to get anywhere.
No offense but this is completely false. The amount of effort previously put in by players years ago to get geared was many many many times more than the effort required now to get geared. Quest sets have greatly improved and have become way easier to get. You can get fully geared simply by voting as well. There's a ton of new aura's that can easily replace the emp and do not require as much tokens. Getting geared has become extremely easy compared to the way it was before.

3: Prices are decided based on supply and demand. It's the community that decides the actual price, so if you want to blame someone, blame the sellers and the buyers. I do not feel like it's the GM's job to change things to regulate the economy. Prices are oftenly based on preference as well. The demand for example orange emp, was larger than for green, Thus orange emp was sold for more. But the droprate was the same! It's all regulated by supply and demand, and I don't see simply increasing supply as a good alternative.

1: The only reason offered in this topic for actually changing it is because 'it's too hard to get' or it 'is too expensive' I don't see these as reasons for changing it I will explain this further in point 2. Additonally I don't see if you'd change the drop rate why it would only be the older emps that had their drop chance changed. If you really suggested this so that 'newbies' can get gear faster, you'd suggest all emp's droprates to be highered not just the old ones. This leads me to believe that you simply want the old emps to drop value so that the new ones become even more expensive and 'rare' compared to other drops. In other words this seems like a suggestion to make the rich (owners of the newest emps) richer and the average/poor even poorer.

2: Noone forces anyone to get an EMP. In fact there's other, and in most cases better, aura's to get for lower geared people.

No offense but this is completely false. The amount of effort previously put in by players years ago to get geared was many many many times more than the effort required now to get geared. Quest sets have greatly improved and have become way easier to get. You can get fully geared simply by voting as well. There's a ton of new aura's that can easily replace the emp and do not require as much tokens. Getting geared has become extremely easy compared to the way it was before.

3: Prices are decided based on supply and demand. It's the community that decides the actual price, so if you want to blame someone, blame the sellers and the buyers. I do not feel like it's the GM's job to change things to regulate the economy. Prices are oftenly based on preference as well. The demand for example orange emp, was larger than for green, Thus orange emp was sold for more. But the droprate was the same! It's all regulated by supply and demand, and I don't see simply increasing supply as a good alternative.

Thanks tou your comment which have the same mindset as mine make my decision clear.

As for my previous comment I'm not sure whether agree or disagree, now its become clear.

I disagree.

Thank you for pointing that out, i'll disagree with the suggestion.

Let's put aside the fact that I said that it'd be harder for newbies to actually obtain such auras. How about the fact that people make guilds, members gain absolute no benefit as it is from woe drops, the drops are just way too rare. Most guilds right now have what they call a drop list, people at the bottom of this list will technically never receive anything for years to come simply because of the high drop rate. In the past guilds like OneSizeFitsAll and Motto, proved that not every guild hoards; I was one of the members and benefited from it and drops were common, leaders were able to pay their members.

Also, even if a guild does not work based on a drop list, how do you expect a leader to even pay members instead as an alternative? Currently as I see it, competition in woe is dying due to the fact that it isn't even really that beneficial, which is why you always have this one guild "dominating". And for the person who is ill-informed, I'm not even in Elysian so please don't group me with them and state that I wouldn't be able to look at it from a different standpoint, get your facts straight before you come here and drop that generic bomb on me, low quality posts as such aren't worth reading because it's mentioned in every suggestion you guys don't like.

The way I see it, you literally cannot run a guild and expect to pay your members or work based on a drop list with the drop rate of old emps being this low. It's either bring back the old emp drop rate or introduce items similiar as drops (different auras).

Meet.

Let's put aside the fact that I said that it'd be harder for newbies to actually obtain such auras. How about the fact that people make guilds, members gain absolute no benefit as it is from woe drops, the drops are just way too rare. Most guilds right now have what they call a drop list, people at the bottom of this list will technically never receive anything for years to come simply because of the high drop rate. In the past guilds like OneSizeFitsAll and Motto, proved that not every guild hoards; I was one of the members and benefited from it and drops were common, leaders were able to pay their members.

Also, even if a guild does not work based on a drop list, how do you expect a leader to even pay members instead as an alternative? Currently as I see it, competition in woe is dying due to the fact that it isn't even really that beneficial, which is why you always have this one guild "dominating". And for the person who is ill-informed, I'm not even in Elysian so please don't group me with them and state that I wouldn't be able to look at it from a different standpoint, get your facts straight before you come here and drop that generic bomb on me, low quality posts as such aren't worth reading because it's mentioned in every suggestion you guys don't like.

The way I see it, you literally cannot run a guild and expect to pay your members or work based on a drop list with the drop rate of old emps being this low. It's either bring back the old emp drop rate or introduce items similiar as drops (different auras).

Meet.

Ok now that you say another reason for this suggestion, may I sum up your reasoning as this:

You want a way to make a guild to stay established, and thats why you want to increase the drop rate as a way to accomplish it.

Is this right? because I'm not quite clear about your reasoning yet.