Lenneth

Token Sink

Currently, server is creating more tokens than it is being consumed imo. So I think we should come up with ideas to form token sink to balance this out. Below are my suggestions:

1. Token for services: eg. Safe refine/unrefined, valk helm colour change etc
  2. Rental NPC: put guild package gears on a rental npc (remove the extra stats from helm), and probably auras and weapons with default card effects
  3. Quest requirement for high end gears: eg. Ring and friggs quests.

This is just a rough idea, the specifics can be worked out together with the rest of the community.

I personally agree with a token sink and the best way to do that is to apply a requirement of tokens for services that are used often.

Keep in mind that this could lead to zeny inflation as well.

Token for services: eg. Safe refine/unrefined, valk helm colour change etc

For safe refinement, it ought to be something low, like a token. However for something aesthetic like the fhelm color changer, why has this not been implemented yet. 10 tokens for a pallete switch sounds good to me. After all, this is an aesthetic effect. The people who have the tokens to start opting for aesthetics certainly have enough tokens to be taxed 10 tokens.

Rental NPC: put guild package gears on a rental npc (remove the extra stats from helm), and probably auras and weapons with default card effects

I honestly don't know what this is.

Quest requirement for high end gears: eg. Ring and friggs quests.

Yes. This is an easy token sink. It should be specific towards end-game gears since these people should have a lot of tokens anyway. I guess it's important to emphasize that lower end quests SHOULD NOT have a token requirement since it isn't particularly noob-friendly. Edited by Forum~

We can have a zeny sink as well if it's gonna be an issue.

I don't think thana room should be taxed. The cost will be transferred to the buyers and eventually inflate the price further.

A guild package gives you gears with card effects (to avoid instances of players forgetting to decard and lost their mvp cards before rental period ends). So it's an armor set that's identical to king set but has no slot and has the usual card effects scripted into the gear itself. (eg, a valk helm that has no slot but gives 60% skill delay redux).

I'm just wondering if we can put this on rental npc for a price, together with probably some donation auras and weapons.

and yes the quest requirement should only apply to top tier gears, as specified in my suggestion.

@Procastinate

care to enlighten us why you agreed/disagreed?

Create a quest that uses tokens and pvp ladder wings as a catalyst for an alternative lower headgear that is good.

For the lower headgear idea Ray suggested, it seems fair. It gives the people who are 'done' collecting gears something to do. But we'll need gears & effects for those gears to make that happen.

The guild package might be a viable option, but naturally only allowed if a player is in a guild and make it last for a week or so. In the mean time, if they are serious, they could collect some legendary items or a few vote king set items which would remove the dependency on the rental stuff.

If you plateau certain quest items such as EoF, players can still sell it below that price and market might be less fluctuating as it does now. (Idea, 500 tokens, its higher than the average, but prevents people from overpricing it too much)
Only choke points should be allowed to be sold then though and at a price that still makes it fair for people to sell their own hard worked quest items for.

For certain services, such as Safari, give the option to use forsaken tokens. If players can choose, the total token pool might decrease.

We'll need more ideas as to what are valid options and what not, but this could be a suggestion that could improve the current accessibility of this server for newer players. The economy might stabilize with less inflated prices, while maintaining the obviously working economical system we currently have.

i havent been as active as I once was so I cannot give stats for the gears just yet. I'll collect information and make a suggestion then.

NPC-> 100 tokens to randomly gain ANY Donation / WoE headgear. Obviously the horribly expensive ones can have a 0.01% chance to be obtained, but yeah. Sort of like a gambling system, which would be fun.

We can have a zeny sink as well if it's gonna be an issue.

Make restating and decarding cost more zeny.

@Procastinate

care to enlighten us why you agreed/disagreed?

NPC-> 100 tokens to randomly gain ANY Donation / WoE headgear. Obviously the horribly expensive ones can have a 0.01% chance to be obtained, but yeah. Sort of like a gambling system, which would be fun.

This suggestion is beyond silly if it includes WoE/GvG gears. These items, mind you being top-tier, end-game items, ought to remain exclusive to those who put in the effort and have the skill to get them. Leaving such an item to chance sounds ridiculous to me.

A "gachapon" system, as you are suggesting, that includes headgears for collection's sake might be a good token sink though.

Edited by Forum~

The suggestion to bring back old valk expansion headgears gave me an idea. How about a npc that exchanges an expansion hat to a different one at a cost? and probably valk helm to expansion helm at a higher cost?

i think this would help... changing the Requirement to buy thanatos scroll to token.. and not etoken...

Event tokens need a purpose too. I disagree with this. Edited by Forum~