jameslamela

Additional Increase On Gs Damage

i would like to suggest an additional increase on GS damage since GM gen remove 10% of our cast delay reduct.. to compensate it he added extra 5% on our damage which cannot replace our 10% cast delay reduct... i would like to suggest instead of 5% additional damage, make it 10% to be fair... you took 10% cast delay reduct... you should atleast replace it with 10% additional damage to compensate it... thanks...

• Like 1

I have a suggestion: Why don't you learn how to play the class instead of whining when they reduced the nerf? Plenty of GS work perfectly fine with the cast delay it has now and the additional damage.

tl;dr: They already reduced the nerf, quit whining when a relatively OP class doesn't stay exactly how you want it.

im not winning nigga... im just suggesting for the better. and FYI i can play along with my GS even if its only 5% damage additional. perhaps your just scared if GS got 10% additional on damage coz it might make the class pawned yours.. and only noob people call GS an OP class. i hope your not one of them.

James, you know Shana destroys you ;D. Anyway, you have disarm, Desperado, and Rapid Shower, all of which each do they're own thing to empower the class. You have the ability to wear a shield and still do massive damage. Instead of trying to 'improve' something that was nerfed then buffed for a reason, why don't you wait for them to include other methods for the GS to deal damage like how people are making suggestions for SBK for sinx. You could suggest a new valk for the use of Full Buster/Spread attack, or Gatling Fever. You know, something new?

+1 for James. I observed it every WOE GS now almost can't do anything coz of that delay thing and plus most of the players are playing GS is shifting characters thus discouraging them to play GS

So the changes really matter a big shot upon their duty in defending during WOEs

Edited by Norse_Joog

Are you guys actually serious? I seen the delay placed now(80%) plus the damage increase and it was more than enough They nerfed gunslinger for a reason. And btw, tons of gunslingers already reduce their cast delay by 85% using 3 kiels and a custom card we had(I can't remember exactly if it is Uber Drops or Uber Poring), which I am pretty sure they didn't intend to stack with kiels in the first place.

Are you guys actually serious? I seen the delay placed now(80%) plus the damage increase and it was more than enough They nerfed gunslinger for a reason. And btw, tons of gunslingers already reduce their cast delay by 85% using 3 kiels and a custom card we had(I can't remember exactly if it is Uber Drops or Uber Poring), which I am pretty sure they didn't intend to stack with kiels in the first place.

it was uber drops...

+1 for James. I observed it every WOE GS now almost can't do anything coz of that delay thing and plus most of the players are playing GS is shifting characters thus discouraging them to play GS

So the changes really matter a big shot upon their duty in defending during WOEs

nvm it bro, they wont ever understand us.. perhaps lets just move on... -.-

I ain't apologizing for anything. I calls em as I sees em. Desperado isn't your only skill. Learn to think outside of the box and suggest stuff other than complaints against what the GMs did to help the server.

im not asking you to apologize... im only just want to say "SORRY"... and let forget this whole d*** thing... perhaps the best thing i must do is move on... -.-

I'm.still really finding it hard to survive melle battles with low spam rate... Yes I understand they have high burst but its RNG based .. And the burst it totally melee range.. Where its really hard to survive maybe just simple thing like making something simple like say has chance to auto place mines around Gs ...where mines will make up for some damage and some Cc in melee range of course mine effects can be discussed.

We are discussing our issues cause the truth is we got nerfed not cause we were OP but because of spam lag.

So I don't see why we can't discuss our concerns.

plus I mainly came here to this server cause of the great way they managed to balance out Gs my fav and main class for last 3 years

On various servers so id hate to see that fade away.

Its just suggestions all subject to testing and only then to be implemented.

Ok like I was saying rapid showers spam rate redux was a un intended side effect which made it way easier to get closer faster

Add to that the desperado lower rate spam means even easier to get close .. With no real knock back skill with revolvers..or surviablity ,

Its makes us very soft targets , fact that we have to get close to do the burst damage makes us primarily a melee range class but with no surviablity as any other class that would require to be in melee range..to dish out the real damage.

Isn't that gunslingers INTEND for their enemies to get closer due to desperado hitting more if the enemy is nearer? I tried the spam WITHOUT the uber drops, it was decent. Try spamming soul destroyer without using kitty claws and compare it along with the damage.

Edited by Rayray

If you dont have a knockback skill on your own why don't you use marine sphere card? It gives you magnum break which produces knockback.

Tg card in weapon also autocasts magnum break. If you fight a dagger or crit sinx and have some sort of reflect like friggs or avian wings you can be sure for magnum to trigger very fast.

You can work around it by using rsx armor, but that lowers the hp to a GS's level.

Also GS still can gain distance just by using SinX card on cloak or afk hat.

And when fighting any other melee you can just spam despe and be happy. Despe.has a wider range than any other melee skill so you can be sure to hit them before they hit you.

Edited by ChainBreak

In all honesty, I simply can't believe this topic. The current spamrate is fine (it's way better than AV and SBK on loki's) and the damage is a ton higher than AV and sbk and you even got your damage compensation for the lack of spam.

You are simply having issues fighting melee classes because you're used to doing nothing aside from smacking one button to spam desperado. Now that it doesn't simply drop everyone anymore you might actually need some tactics like every other class does. The post above mine already gave you some clues on what you can do. Also keep in mind that the blue ifrit ring is a great counter to any physical attacker.

If you think gunslingers are UP with their changes, try playing an SBK sinx or a high wizard and see how 'UP' gunslingers really are compared to them.

Add to that the desperado lower rate spam means even easier to get close .. With no real knock back skill with revolvers..or surviablity ,
Its makes us very soft targets , fact that we have to get close to do the burst damage makes us primarily a melee range class but with no surviablity as any other class that would require to be in melee range..to dish out the real damage.

No survivability? A GS can easy reach 230k+ hp and wear a shield on this server. That's no survivability? Since you guys have been asking for it so much let's compare.

• A gunslinger with 1 tao easily reaches 230k hp.[/size]
  • A gunslinger has high burst damage that can not be blocked easily unless the class possesses the safety wall skill. And even then you can still hit and burst/ use other skills for high damage.
  • A gunslinger can wear shields while normally they can't.
  • A gunslinger can disarm a weapon even easier than a stalker can
  • A gunslinger can have high damage even on just Fset
  • A gunslinger doesn't need much agi to get max aspd due to being dex based.

Now lets compare it to the class I main.

• A high wiz with 1 tao with the same vit as the above gunslinger + skolls + friggs + cape. Is lucky if he reaches 165-170k hp.
  • A high wiz's main damage output can be completely blocked with the use of 1 card. And their alternative attacking methods blocked with 1 skill (And there's also a card that autocasts this skill). In other words really easy to reduce/evade their damage.
  • A high wiz can carry a shield, but that no longer gives them advantages compared to other classes. The classes they used to own are now tough opponents due to them having shields as well. ( don't read this wrong, I'm not complaining about the use of shields, I'm just stating class balancing facts.)
  • A high wiz has to melee attack to strip a weapon or shield.
  • A high wiz has very low damage output on fset and needs lolihat/kafra headband or such to get decent damage. This renders them with only 3 headgear slots while they need 3 kiels to spam. So they are vurnerable to stone curse AND freeze.
  • A high wiz needs a huge amount of agi to get max attackspeed due to the use of the custom hats instead of a full fset. This renders them even more useless. Lacking str to carry things and lacking vit to get anywhere near decent survivability.

My conclusion. Gunslingers, compared to several other classes are completely fine and don't need even more boosts.

Edited by Shadi

If you think gunslingers are UP with their changes, try playing an SBK sinx or a high wizard and see how 'UP' gunslingers really are compared to them.

I use SBK sinx and high wizard. I approve of this message.

This needs more test first rather than to be approve directly. I agree that GS before was so OP and I also agree GS now lacks something. But I dont think that making 10% + damage would be applicable, this will just make GS Unbalanced, however 5% is fine but low. maybe 7-8% would be fine with the current status for everyone. then it can be a fair game and everyone could move on.

sorry man... iam super noob... i dont play SB sinx coz im not a fan of it and i only use my wiz as farmer. so im deeply apologizing for beeing a nab gunslinger. i hope you will be considerate... you are way too pro really....

I use SBK sinx and high wizard. I approve of this message.

oh yeah i almost forgot... you are the most pro person ever exist here in fro.. so yeah im so nothing compare too you coz i only wanna play my nab gunslinger... so sorry for that.

Edited by jameslamela

sorry man... iam super noob... i dont play SB sinx coz im not a fan of it and i only use my wiz as farmer. so im deeply apologizing for beeing a nab gunslinger. i hope you will be considerate... you are way too pro really....

Oh the sarcasm. How can you imply in this entire topic that GS are underpowered if you've never even tried the other classes and see how they match up to each other? That's the whole idea behind balancing. Making classes equal. Giving every class a chance while keeping the original advantages some classes are supposed to have over others.

Edit: I'm glad to see that you have absolutely nothing to post regarding my comparison and were only able to make some sarcastic comments. Proofs my point I suppose :).

Edited by Shadi

Isn't that gunslingers INTEND for their enemies to get closer due to desperado hitting more if the enemy is nearer? I tried the spam WITHOUT the uber drops, it was decent. Try spamming soul destroyer without using kitty claws and compare it along with the damage.

how fool am i not to know this all along.... thank you so much ray... now i learned that guns are used to kill enemy in a very close... super close distance... like knife does... sorry, im so newbie in everything...

Oh the sarcasm. How can you imply in this entire topic that GS are underpowered if you've never even tried the other classes and see how they match up to each other? That's the whole idea behind balancing. Making classes equal. Giving every class a chance while keeping the original advantages some classes are supposed to have over others.

balancing... yeah!!! youre right... now GS can never pawned a champ... have a hard time killing a bio. impossible to kill LK/pally... have a huge disadvantage over clown/gyspy... cant kill prof without getting him caught in maya.... dual weld sinx or SB sinx can tank our desperado even its 30-40k damage per hit... look even more funnier in the face of a sniper... VERY BALANCE REALLY!!! i really do agree in everything that you said...thats why people told me that im only whining for my suggestions... they telling me that im just complaining in sharing my thoughts... despite of all this, i never quit GS and didnt switch for better classes to play. coz im a newbie guy who loves to play his nab gunslinger and love to KOS noob people who act like pro in for_fild and on WoE!!!

Honestly I don't get why GS act like their class has been broken.

They can still be used in PvP and compete like most classes. SG and Soullinker, even dagger SinX have it way harder.

guys like me still using GS for pvp and woe coz this is our PASSION... people who never played GS or never played it seriously will never understand... thats why i understand you for not understanding us... and by the way i dont find problem on pvping any sinx type so i hope that you have no problem with guys like me too...