MrKelS

Hocus Pocus Bye Bye?! /omg

nahh, whats this? ived been tried doing Hocus pocus since,

and SINCE! the mvp room started the class change skill in "Hocus pocus"

doesn't appear now,..

ived been doing it and my friends to test if there's something changed, but there is,

ask some, or if there is any one who feel this changes bout the hocus pocus, say it here -.-"

hocus pocus help's alot of players to get cards,

• Like 1

Many players were also abusing the skill in unintended ways to profit from it by cheating. It's temporarily removed for the time being. I would recommend trying to hunt MvPs the old fashioned way if you can't afford the MvP room.

• Like 2

aw i think if those people who abuses it, ban them >.<

its too unfair for those peole who uses it in a right way,

and also its not only for me, but for those newbies, who cant really afford mvp rooms, either from hunting it,

LOL! why put it back?

ill show you why,

where to hunt TG? tur_dun04 100 100, TG only respawn in that place, and alot of pro' are there also, even normal average players hit it

first, but Pro KS of course that PRO only gets the card and win -.-" ,players need hocus pocus really, its for them,

Hope you got it

Thx

• Like 1

Agree to MrKelS , i go find the kiel, TG, FBH. i cannot kill it fast and a lot player like champ and sniper. they come KS my mvp and mvp fast die. they get mvp. until now i hard to get the mvp card.

before i try ??? can get mvp. but this few day i try many times, but cannot get even 1 mvp. 1 whole day i summon mvp just get 5-9 mvp. now i use 2 day hocus pocus also cannot get mvp.

the mvp room 100M is cost me a lot. i don't have much zeny for it and i need zeny for my l.weapon. GM if you find some one use other way to summon mvp. you warning them or ban them.

thanks GM

Hi,

i'd like to add up that having the hocus-pocus skill is fun , at the same time it lowers the economic price of the MVP card's and MVP drops with that new players can easily get on there feet preventing them from asking zeny, tokens or items from other players..having the hocus-pocus skill gets the chance of all newbies and old players to gear-up.. With that said a lot newbies would really enjoy killing MVP's 1 on 1 than to get KS by other players.. and we can't blame them if they KS.its just part of the game..but having the said skill would really help new players to gear-up and not be left behind..they would really enjoy the game more that way...and by the way, i can't afford the 100m/ mvp or the bloody branch..wew..

Thank You..i hope u would reconsider..

hi [GM]Veracity,

you are right, some people using unintended ways, try to ban them. if you remove the ' class change ' then is unfair to the other people who use the right way to summon. it is no easy to get ' class change ' and ' ???? ' . maybe can find other way to solve this problem.

have a nice day~

Thank,

best regard,

Edwin

Hi Jizz i also cannot can't afford the 100m/ mvp. that why i use hocus pocus summon mvp for poor and noob player in the game. 100M/MVP is for donator or rich player join it. i think they rich also wont join. they will use token buy the mvp card direct. 100m/MVP is too expensive. can GM make it 10M zeny?? ^^

+1.. I pity those newbies who are being ks by geared player and can't afford mvp room because i have experienced it before so reconsider it gm for the sake of the newbies.

lawl... im a pally.. and i cant even MVP right T.T i used hocus before and got a few cards...

nohocus is really a bit hard ... for me, im still newb... and i would really need that yeshocus...

and i see jizz helping with newbies by summoning.. he helped me once, but didnt get some cards cuz we were bad luck that time...

but yea, back to the point, hocus really helps us newbies get here in the server, we cant just report ppl who KS, because those arent in the rulebook.. but atleast, return the hocus, we use that small chance % for us to get asmall % chance of a MVP card..

we hope you would understand GM..

if you cant understand, i suggest you try being a newb and make a new char with no GM rights, start fresh, see how its hard being a newb in fRO, always ganged and talked shit upon...

lots of respect GM..

• Like 1

We see what you are getting at, however, also look at it in our perspective. We cannot monitor everyone using this skill, we cannot say if they are newbies or just trying to take advantage. With that in mind, the only preventive measure we can do is to actually remove the skill temporarily until we get a real fix. Yes, this skill help newbies to get cards, it also makes rich people able to abuse it. There are other ways to gain cards anyway.

We all started the same way, no tokens, no everything. As some of you might know, we also had the @noks command. On top of that, hunting MVPs is not the only way to get the cards, as I did way back, I just farmed berries and seeds and concentrated potions and got away with that.

Everything, honestly, is handed down to you guys. Vote Forsaken Sets, Better Legendary Weapons, a guide to do the needed quests, legendary auras and other stuff. It wasn't like this before. Veterans who played through 2007 until now knows what I am talking about. We also competed against the "rich guys" from our time before the same way you guys did, only difference is we are using NPC equips against people with King sets. It might take a lot of work but it isn't impossible.

I do not have a final say about this skill. However, I agree with Veracity at the moment. I won't advice bringing back that skill until we get a certain fix for it that will stop people from abusing it.

How was it being abused? Was grim reaper the problem?

I'm curios too on how do other players abuse this skill.

i dont think it can be easily detected coz i see a lot of players doing that on pvp..

the spam is quite imposible.. it s so fast.

wel idk what is.. but some1 told me that they are using a program for a fast spam..

maybe its a cheat engine thing.. but im not sure.

It's really not appropriate to be discussing illegal programs or how to cheat in the forums, or for that matter, anywhere. :( If you suspect people are using 3rd party programs, report them so we can look into it and punish them if they are. We're obviously not going to say how people were abusing it. We are looking into the issue.

I'd also like to point out that anyone can farm zeny, so it's not impossible at all for new players to also use the MvP rooms. As Shino pointed out already, it's MUCH easier now than it ever has been to get geared and get great items without tons and tons of work. MvPing isn't supposed to be super easy, it takes some work, guys. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I would at least hope that people understand why it is removed for now. Yes, it's unfortunate, but there are still other ways to get MvP cards that anyone can do. :)

hahaha

Sorry, but,

i suggest if you could only put it back for the newbie's sake!,

and another thing sorry but with that mvp room drops only 1% O.o? i could ask me self(Em, I killing thanatos?!) LOL! make it more valuable, normal rate is enough (10%) less hunt mvp, but more pressure farming zens,..

Regarding to the "Grim Reaper" in hocus pocus cause i read it with some of the post LOL!, if you use Grim reaper you'll not get any of the

MVP DROPS! (people Should research,what those effects are -.-")

I'm sorry but we will not re-enable a skill that there is known to be issues with and is possible to abuse until we're able to find a solution. It's impossible for us to monitor everyone who is using it, so that just isn't an option, I'm sorry. :(

Yes, the reason why the MvP room is somewhat expensive and has a lower drop rate is to prevent it from flooding the economy with tons o' MvP cards. That would NOT be good for anyone and would seriously mess up the economy and frankly could also hurt new players and non-donators. It just provides another avenue of getting the cards when all of the MvPs are being camped by better geared players.

We're not the one who made this server possible..they have all the rights to take it away...we can't complain we enjoyed the times that the skill was around, made a couple of zeny..and i thank the GM's for it.. but then again, it would be hard for the newbies to catch-up on the geared players..just saying...

aw.. i wasted 300 million for the MVP room and when i enter for about 3 minutes .. theres no MVP there... and i search the four cells in different directions and waited at the center.. and no MVP. and i don't have patience to wait for it to summon. XD

~yeah frankly.. i don't have any idea how the MVP room works. and wasted 3 hours and 300million for nothin >.< . i got poor understanding level XD

~hocus focus was once being used by my friends not just for MVP hunting but watching a friend being randomly affected by unexpected random skill like Hide, play dead, Steel Body etc.. ^.^

there's an easy fix for this. get harmony. all the problems with the programs will suddenly be gone. mostly because people are too stupid to know how to bypass harmony.

with that being said, i have played back in 2007, and yes i understand where you GM's are coming from i have been a GM on other private servers so i know how difficult it is to monitor these things, BUT it is not fair to the players to remove a skill because of a select few people. if the GM's are open to suggestions i can suggest ways to find these program abusers and you GM's can ban them. although so far all of my suggestions as to how the should do things have simply been shot down because sadly some of the GM's believe they know best and refuse to take advice from anyone.

• Like 1

although so far all of my suggestions as to how the should do things have simply been shot down because sadly some of the GM's believe they know best and refuse to take advice from anyone.

Actually dude, as I see it, it is the other way around. YOU believe YOU know best and refuse to take advice from anyone including the GMs. They removed the skill temporarily because they have a good reason for it. The community, including GMs, shot down some of your suggestions with our own reasoning that you just do not accept(this is shown on both your suggestions about SG, wherein you just do not accept Bishop's damage calculations). Stop being egotistic. Just because someone disagreed to whatever you say doesn't mean that they are wrong.

Edited by ZerO25

i'm not talking about suggestions for server side changes i'm taking about suggestions to help catch people using programs. which mind you i was hired on 3 different servers to do. now then as i was saying, the suggestions i have made were ignored by the GM's on changes they themselves can make but simply refuse to make them. for example, there's a professor in for_fild01 who uses a sprite edit (spamming 15+ heavens drive without any delay whatsoever is a given sprite edit). i have informed the GM's and nothing has been done. simple things like this just go to show the extent (from what i have seen on this server) the GM's care as to people who use the hacks. from my interpretation of this i see them using the sprite hack bans and third party program bans for their own use and not as a general rule.

correct me if i'm wrong but Drax was banned 3 times before he managed to get a mac ban, because he was a heavy donator, there are several others who have been allowed to slide past the rules because they donate a ton of money to the server. doesn't seem fair to me, does anyone else see that as fair?