Conner

Stargladiator Needs Love! :d

Ever since I started to play this server I've never seen any Star Gladiators around. Why aren't there a valkyrie weapon for it? At 255/255 Star gladiator doesn't really have much hp. They either get 1 hit by champs or barely live. Maybe tweaking or checking up to this job will suffice. If you have any addition feel free to add. ^_^

• Like 1

Because atm, star gladiators deal more damage without a weapon.

Although one dispel screws them(which is so easy considering people always have valk randgris).

I still vote for allowing union not need soul link or at least give a usable item that gives soul link.

But solar lunar and stellar should always be accessible though.
and the HP being low is litreally low in my perspective at least.

because even with gr/tao the hp still ranges around 200k

Edited by Conner

But solar lunar and stellar should always be accessible though.

and the HP being low is litreally low in my perspective at least.

because even with gr/tao the hp still ranges around 200k

That's considered decent enough in terms of hp actually. But yeah i kinda agree that tons of classes needs a revamp on their hp

I think in an older thread the item idea paired with a quest/pay dungeon for farming was the conclusion a couple of people agreed on.
Another idea I brought up was putting a hatred level buff on the cape/ring itself and disabling the use of hatred while wearing the cape/ring. That way there is no problem with the dispel and you can fight all classes. I think the concern raised were that this could be too powerful and if this route was chosen some type of nerfed version should be given on the cape/ring.

Not too sure about my memory here though I'll dig up the old thread and post again.

Edit:

Links to older threads

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/28785-star-gladiator-removing-hard-delay/

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/27744-star-gladiator-lwep/

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/28721-star-gladiators-soul-link-usable-item/

Edited by ChainBreak
  • Like 1

In my eyes 4 things have to be done to make star gladiators completely viable:

1: A slight hp buff.

2: Remove the hard delay on running -> fsk

3: Fix the npc to actually reset the hatred targets instead of the map reset. Resetting maps does not reset your hatred targets. This will remove the limit of hatred targets.

4: Make union usable without the soul link buff. So keep it dispellable but the star glad will be able to recast it without having SL.

Except for 4. I think the points can be done, but Genesis mentioned in some thread he doesn't want to edit skills for technical reasons and suggestions should aim to work aorund that.

I'm not sure if skill requirements (aside from gemstone) can be altered by items so we should discuss if a useable item is a good solution.

As for the HP buff I haven't played much SG so I'm not exactly sure how much is needed, but I think between 5-10% is ok.

Star gladiators are very tricky. You give too much and you have a 1 hit KO on every single class. you do too little and no one uses them (aka, the situation now). :)

I'd be interested to see more suggestions like Shadi's 1 and 2 though.

Star gladiators are very tricky. You give too much and you have a 1 hit KO on every single class. you do too little and no one uses them (aka, the situation now). :)

That's exactly the case with Gunslingers as well. With Kiels being capped at 80% for them, kills via Desperado is just purely based on RNG for the number of hits.

In my eyes 4 things have to be done to make star gladiators completely viable:

1: A slight hp buff.

2: Remove the hard delay on running -> fsk

3: Fix the npc to actually reset the hatred targets instead of the map reset. Resetting maps does not reset your hatred targets. This will remove the limit of hatred targets.

4: Make union usable without the soul link buff. So keep it dispellable but the star glad will be able to recast it without having SL.

I agree with 1 and 2.

For my own suggestion:

1. If shadi's number 1 and 2 suggestion gets implemented, keep the npc as it is because star gladiators are unique that they can do high damage to the jobs that are assigned to the hatred skills which is only 3, think of it that if you can reset the hatred skill you can kill all jobs so i disagree with shadi's number 3 suggestion.

2. if shadi's number 1 and 2 suggestion gets implemented, make a valk and legendary weapon when equipped the dispel skill won't remove the buffs like the rouge spirit, also in this case the star gladiator is equipping a weapon so the damage will not be like when weaponless so it will still be balance.

Edited by Odd