ChainBreak

Time Frame For Suggestion Section

Hi, I would like to suggest limiting the suggestion section to players who have spend at least 3 months on this server. I rarely see constructive or unbiased suggestions from any newer player and anyone who hasnt at least spend a couple of months on this server won't really know what's going on here and how changes will affect the gameplay.

For smaller changes or changes on forum etc you could just encourage newbees to file tickets. If a suggestions is being made repeatedly GMs could still post the suggestion in the section instead of the newbees so it can be discussed by the more experienced players.

Well regardless, newbies who make silly suggestions are gonna get shot down by people such as you or I. I wonder if the administration can apply a setting to limit posting to the suggestion board unless their forum account is older than a certain time frame. It's not too bad of an idea, though I think the time frame you suggested is debatable.

Edited by Forum~

I believe your idea is a good one and that it will be beneficial to the forums. I just want to mention that to some players, whether or not they're suggestion was intended to be "silly" being heard and or shot down from an experienced player is a great learning experience. When someone who is experienced on the sever corrects them and provide an explanation they just took a step from no longer being a "newbie". Some like to hear from the community rather than just a 1 on 1 discussion to a GM.

Of course people will "misuse" and make silly suggestions so I do support your idea and agree with finding another time frame.

Bump.

This suggestion seems relevant as of late. I think it makes good sense that the players who should be allowed to make suggestions should be the ones who have invested time into learning the intricacies of our server. Many new players try to adapt ideas from their former servers only to be shut down because custom mechanics stand in the way from their suggestion being accommodated here.

Edited by Forum~

I seriously agree with this. I've been around 2 months and I've seen RIDICULOUS suggestions.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I understand the basis of this suggestion and where you're coming from. However, I think it would be detrimental to the server to do this. I personally value new player's perspectives a lot, and they are always really helpful to me. To stop them from making suggestions would hurt more than it would help. New ways of viewing things and thinking about things are really useful, and is something I take into consideration when working on new updates.

Not to mention there's the issue of some experienced players who may have only recently joined the forums but have played the server for a long time. They wouldn't be able to post suggestions either?

Overall, yes some new players do post suggestions that wouldn't be doable here, but they also provide a useful perspective and their thoughts have value. Thanks for your suggestion, though!

• Like 2