Genesis

Network Issue [march 25, 2014]

Hey guys,

We are experiencing network issues at this time. I am working with our hosting provider to solve the problem as soon as possible. If we are unable to resolve the problem before GvG is hosted, GvG will be postponed till Sunday where we will give you 2x the reward. Please avoid posting status updates on the forums and making topics. We will keep you posted in this topic. We apologize for the inconvenience! Thanks,

Jorge

• Like 4

**Update** 8:18 PM

Even though the network is fine right now, I have decided to cancel GvG Today. I wouldn't want any issues during the event. We will be giving 2x the prize on Sunday. Sorry about the inconvenience guys, I am still actively working on a permanent solution to this issue. I will work and release a special update to make up for this very soon. :)

• Like 2

**Update** 8:48 PM

Still working on the issue, as stated before, GvG is canceled. We will give out 2x the prize on Sunday to make up for this cancellation. Sorry about the inconvenience!

• Like 1

*Update** 10:42 PM

Hey guys, Veracity and I are still working on the issue, it will most likely be come and go (you can connect for a while, then you can't for a while, etc) for a while. We are working on a permanent fix. To make up for this, we will be releasing an update with something you guys will really like. I don't want to ruin the surprise but it has been requested several times before. :)

Please stay patient and bare with us, we are working as hard as we can to resolve the issue! Thank you!

Jorge

• Like 1

**Update** 11:41 PM

Hey guys, we are still working with our provider's network engineers. We might be working on this for the majority of the night. We are working on a permanent solution to this issue. The best thing to do at this time is to be patient and occupy your time with tv/reading the forums/etc. We are working as fast as we can to resolve this issue, we will keep you guys updated via this topic. Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 1

**Update** 11:39 AM

Hey guys, just to be clear, it seems we are being hit by an extremely large DDoS attack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack). Upon further investigation, it looks like several other top high rate servers are also being hit. We are working with out hosting provider to find a permanent solution. Till, you will be able to connect to the server sometimes, but you might experience frequent disconnects. This is an inherent problems of the internet that many large international company (visa, mastercard, paypal, etc) experience from time to time. The best thing to do right now is to remain calm and patient while we find a permanent solution. When/if the server disconnects, simply post your suggestions in the suggestion forum or review the guides we have posted here till it comes back up. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

PS: I also unlocked this topic, incase anyone has questions.

Actually it's not just private servers, some third party forums like jailbreak forums and hack forum has been attacked as well around the same time FRO went down

We're working with our host right now to implement a high quality DDoS protection system. Because of this, you won't be able to log in for a little while. We'll post here once it's complete. :)

Our host is implementing the DDoS protection now so no one will be able to connect to the server. Unfortunately they chose a bad time to do it, but we had no control over it or how long it will take to finish. Also, the reason it displays players online still is because "That was the last amount of players prior to the disconnect. The SQL still considered them on, but they are not on." However, no one is in game currently so don't worry about losing castles in WoE. We will make a decision re: WoE once everyone can connect to the server again.

Hey guys,

We will not be extending WoE tonight. The implementation is going to take some more time and we do not want to keep you guys waiting. We will come up with some sort of reward to compensate for WoE ending early and abruptly. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Does this mean whoever had the castle last (before the server went down) will keep the castle until Saturday?

Does this mean whoever had the castle last (before the server went down) will keep the castle until Saturday?

We will probably come up with some sort of replacement WoE. It all depends, our focus right now is implementing this new system. :)

We will probably come up with some sort of replacement WoE.

Ah, I see. I'm sure this was on the minds of everyone that was participating in WoE.

It all depends, our focus right now is implementing this new system. :)

Rightly so :3 Fight on team.

Hi everyone, our host is still actively working on implementing the new DDoS protection system. However, it looks like it won't be completed until tomorrow morning (Eastern Standard Time/server time). That means players won't be able to connect to the server until this process is complete. We're working closely with the host to try and ensure this is completed as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is necessary to provide a stable and enjoyable gaming experience. Thanks for your understanding and support, we will post any updates here as soon as they're available. :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, our host is still actively working on implementing the new DDoS protection system. However, it looks like it won't be completed until tomorrow morning (Eastern Standard Time/server time). That means players won't be able to connect to the server until this process is complete. We're working closely with the host to try and ensure this is completed as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is necessary to provide a stable and enjoyable gaming experience. Thanks for your understanding and support, we will post any updates here as soon as they're available. :)

/no1

^_^ /no1

its 1:51 pm here March 27.. when will the server be back?

Read the glaring, green text box at the top of the page.
  • Like 1

ok then.... well absense of playing fRO makes me think what my lifes had been all this time... lol just kidding i just played 2 days ago... and its sumer by the way XD

come on server.. you can do it.. its good that you guys upgrade more after i joined.. XD

Edited by ceb3370

good luck our GM's..
we will wait for our game..

Guys, we are still working on the implementation of the DDOS protection, it was acting funny. We should be able to at the very least allow you guys to vote within the next couple of hours.