Cherry Kiss

Ladder Nowadays

sry for that verbal abuse but thats true not nice how the newbies getting 150 kills from the one day to the other

what we need is a better spy , maybe a gm who stands in sometimes with a spy programm or whatever thats the job ob the gms to do something aganst that , pvp ladder nowdays only a fight of cheaters

I got curious at first at the title of your topic im thinking: "What the hell is wrong with Leaders?" O.o and then i opened your post and its about ladder xD well it is unfair once they feed and get PvP tokens doing nothing but feed at ladder. and all those that are fighting fair doesnt get rewarded so +1 for this xD

sry for that verbal abuse but thats true not nice how the newbies getting 150 kills from the one day to the other

what we need is a better spy , maybe a gm who stands in sometimes with a spy programm or whatever thats the job ob the gms to do something aganst that , pvp ladder nowdays only a fight of cheaters

+1

I don't know if this goes with fRO rules, but i thought a GM going under a different name to spy wasn't allowed, or maybe it's just me thinking something else >.<

I don't know if this goes with fRO rules, but i thought a GM going under a different name to spy wasn't allowed, or maybe it's just me thinking something else >.<

He's saying a GM should stay in there with a program that records whatever happens in case a cheater farms kills.

You mean like recording in there all day long? I'm not sure if any GMs have a computer that will be able to handle Fraps + fRO while they're doing something else, or whether they'll even have the time/patience to review the footage daily. 24/7 surveillance in the PvP room would be quite a task.

I think a better solution is to have another command that lets the PvP room broadcast who's killing who at all times (like for_fild does, but globally), not just when they reach a new spot on the ladder... It could be something like @pvpbc on/off, disabled by default, so you'll only see it if you want to. That way you can see if there's feeding going on and report them. Of course this would require you to be on when it's actually happening, but the fact that anyone can see you doing it will definitely be something to fear, or at least keep in mind, for feeders.

Whatever path the staff decides to take, the ladder does need some kind of eyes on it. +1

Edited by Autopsies

Well lets just hope GM's finds a way :D. Like a GM can take shifts in watching PvP room every few hours, not necessarily have to watch PvP 24/7.

You mean like recording in there all day long? I'm not sure if any GMs have a computer that will be able to handle Fraps + fRO while they're doing something else, or whether they'll even have the time/patience to review the footage daily. 24/7 surveillance in the PvP room would be quite a task.

I think a better solution is to have another command that lets the PvP room broadcast who's killing who at all times (like for_fild does, but globally), not just when they reach a new spot on the ladder... It could be something like @pvpbc on/off, disabled by default, so you'll only see it if you want to. That way you can see if there's feeding going on and report them. Of course this would require you to be on when it's actually happening, but the fact that anyone can see you doing it will definitely be something to fear, or at least keep in mind, for feeders.

Whatever path the staff decides to take, the ladder does need some kind of eyes on it. +1

that was my suggest with the spy program the gms just have to find a new way to solve the problem cause its not fair , Nowdays the best feeder wins thats the pvp

Edited by Cherry Kiss

Or you guys can just take ss and report at ticket center ;3

If the players are the ones being forced to do the GM's job of finding cheaters then why does this server have a GM staff? Just saying, if you go to ANY other server their GM team is the ones that hunt for cheaters, it's not the players job to find them. Players can report them to the GM staff and the reports will be looked into but it's the GM staff team that's supposed to be finding them and taking reports of bots/programs/feeding seriously, which I have noticed they have not. I myself have reported a thana bot to a GM directly and nothing was done even while the GM was online. This sort of thing just goes to show that the GM's don't really care that much about cheaters on this server.

You have to understand that most of the GMs are also players with their own lives. You don't expect them to be on GM char 24/7 just for you. It is not the player's job to hunt the cheaters, sure, but it is not that hard to report someone through the ticket system. I for one reported tons of people and they got dealt on pretty quickly, so I don't know about your case if it is true or not, since my experience with them says something else. have you actually seen the feeders that were reported that actually got their pvp tokens? because I reported tons of feeders and they didn't make it to the hall of fame. reported suspected bots also and they are dealt with pretty quick. I don't see the harm of reporting someone that takes 2 mins through the ticket system.

Most of the GMs do their job because they wanted to, they don't even get paid for it. They take like a few mins or hours of their time to do GM stuff when they would've been using it for a better way like farming or pvping on their mains.

• Like 1

+1 , that BOMBIM EVERYDAY is feeding himself, lol. he's very good in feeding himself. let's see if he could still win if there is a spy.

As what Zero said, GMs also have their own personal life and cannot spectate the PvP Ladder everytime you ask them too. And about the programs, pls think of the time and efforts a GM can do with a problem that can be solved just by reporting. I also have never seen feeders that gets to win some PvP tokens.

If the players are the ones being forced to do the GM's job of finding cheaters then why does this server have a GM staff? Just saying, if you go to ANY other server their GM team is the ones that hunt for cheaters, it's not the players job to find them.

As u know, GMs have lots and lots of work to do, some updates, some sprites and many more. And they have less time to watch and observe PvP Ladder and the only solution that can make their work easier is to REPORT a case.

+1 , that BOMBIM EVERYDAY is feeding himself, lol. he's very good in feeding himself. let's see if he could still win if there is a spy.

And i Disagree with you, i sometimes went to PvP Ladder with BOMBIN~ERRYDAY inside and guess what? He killed every person who gets in and camps there, thats his way of Laddering.

BTW as what ive said on my first post.. i take it back :3 now to think of it im not sure.. Im not positive about it nor negative about it .. just inbetween :)

Edited by Victoria

Well, having such a program opened beside RO shouldn't be a big problem.

And making shouldn't be one as well, I guess. It would be already enough to have a log(dosen't rathena have that already...?) which shows the amount of kills in dependence of time. So, a normal GM could recognize it easily by him/her self.

Else, if laddering people happens rarely, it should be enough when you guys report those - who are doing it - together with some screens or other evidences.

It would help the team, of course.

And about the GM and real life... well, they decided to become one, so they should be available if possible. Especially if they should get paid.

But seems like it works well here.

I see this neutral. But if the server is really flooded with ladders, a program or something like that wouldn't hurt.

I doubt a program would be a good idea. It can get abused, and cheated on really easily, people can impersonate others with various of names and it gives a lot more confusion than good, at least that's what I see from the whole point.

As for the GM activity, there should be new GMs soon, aren't there? I'm not sure, but yeah. So that could potentially help with all of these cases. Keep in mind, GMs are human, and you guys have a great staff to begin with. Some of the servers I played on, they don't even bother replying to people. I agree that activity must be, but don't bash them if they're going through a phase when they're not as active.

Edited by Luxiana

I have been a GM on several servers, and I can tell you that the GM's here don't really care about cheaters. Maybe at first they did, but the current GM staff is useless from what I have seen. They don't look for cheaters (they claim they do but it's a load of crap), and they don't look into cheaters when they are reported ingame. If the reports aren't done on the tickets then they aren't looked into, which mind you is retarted when trying to report a bot that warps away from you in under as second. The current GM team has no idea what they are doing when it comes to finding programs or sprite edits. So all in all the current GM team is useless for everything except hosting events.

That's from my experienced ex-GM point of view. Sorry if I offend any of you GM's but that's my opinion on your performance.

I know zerg dosnt mean to be harse. He probably means that he wishes for GM to be more active with the community and to see what is going on in game. For the GM's I know they have their personal lives to deal with but a little GM support and confirmation that its players are being heard would really help. I cant imagine how much work it is but I hope GM's will be able to get it done smoothly.