Leo `D

Professor Ring Fate Of The Goddess

I've done finishing this quest i was wandering what is the use of +20%atk on Cursed Ring for Prof? it doesn't use staff for normal Atk and it does not make much damage so I think of some alternatives. and Blessed Ring doesn't have additional attributes.

Professor Blessed Ring

Current:

Professor Blessed Ring:

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Damage taken from Demihumans by 5%

Reduce Vit def by 10%

HP +10%

SP +10%

Int +35

Matk +15%

Change To:

Professor Blessed Ring:

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Vit def by 10%

HP +10%

SP +10%

Int +35

Matk +15

Heavens Drive +20% Damage (Current on suggestion)

Heavens Drive +20% Damage change to Bolts +10% Damage (ZerO25 said)

Heavens Drive +10% Damage (a Friend said)

Why Heavens Drive? more reasons

1. You people wont agree if I put Bolts here coz it was OP to Prof

2. Very useful on Prof, coz Prof bolts magic always reflected

3. Alternative damage to Area Magic usefull at Woe Emperium breakers

Professor Cursed Ring

Current:

Professor Cursed Ring:

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Vit def by 10%

HP +15%

SP +5%

Matk +20%

Int +35

Attack +20%

Change To:

Professor Cursed Ring:

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Vit def by 10%

HP +15%

SP +5%

Matk +20%

Int +35

Stave Crusher +20% Damage

Simple I don't get it why it needs Atk, it doesn't use melee always and don't do great damage thats why I change it to Stave Crusher for GTB users

Note: 1 Ring of Choice per Character you can't do same Ring per character and even you have on no stats will be given it will be ordinary if you wear it.

Feel free to comment.

GM Comment please as you tested it?

EDIT: Additional changes due to comments :D

Edited by Leo `D
  • Like 1

Ok on the blessed ring first.

1. I disagree on the change, there is no need to give profs more advantage. putting that buff to heaven's drive is not needed, that defeats the purpose of maya card against profs. that is the only real counter to a pure magic bolter prof, to reflect back the bolts. heavens drive already does decent damage for an aoe skill, no need to make it damage like bolts.

Cursed ring

1. I also disagree. not all profs go super int and do bolts. that 20% damage is a huge buff for battle profs. no need to change it just for one build of prof(bolter) to gain advantages on both the rings. id rather have the blessed ring gain the 20% matk of cursed, remove matk and int on cursed and put str on it for battle profs.

In my opinion, the rings already do what they should do. no need to buff or nerf it since profs already do well even without those rings. unless profs were so underpowered that we needed to put those changes, it shouldn't happen. Profs will always be one of the strongest classes FRO(got decent hp now from tao, huge burst damage, can survive better than most classes, has a huge array of skills to combat any class), no need to give it something more.

hehe thats the purpose of the ring i think to give Boost thats why it was so hard to quest :D and ring came from the Cape we had now but this time it got a boost on stats same goes for other ring, I havent changed and of the stats gave just for the Additional Heavens Drive and Stave Crusher. And because its more discriminate than other Rings

And It doesn't burst power you must just know how to counter the magic and there is a lot of ways to counter it you must just go research don't go scared of Professors classes :D

it already gives a boost with those bonus stats, no need to give it more. if we do, then we have to change all the other rings and give them boosts too.

doesn't have burst damage? 12k bolts on usakoring isn't burst for you then i dont know what is. i know how to reflect magic and counter it with a few reducts that weirdly no one uses, but that only works on a one on one situation. giving them the buffs on those rings will make profs virtually have no weakness. given the stats that you gave, i can go use blessed ring and spam heavens drive for good damage if i know they got maya on, once they go gtb, i just switch to my cursed ring and stave weapon and make them pay. magic reflect and gtb are the only weakness left on profs, giving them the boost you want remove those weaknesses( you can already combat those weaknesses anyway)

oh and btw, this is coming from someone who mained prof for a few years since 2008, used all the builds for prof(bolter, battle and even perfect dodge prof). and probably is the only battle prof left on the server since bolter prof is so easy to use that i find it really cheap.

I know how strong the class is, I know how it is one of the only 2 classes that could fight any other class on equal grounds(the other was LK, a close third is WS but it got not so good hp).. Don't get me wrong, I like your suggestion, it just wouldn't be right to give buffs to a really strong class to begin with. that's like giving LK rings a boost in bowling bash and spiral pierce.

Edited by ZerO25

And you know what prof do and how to reflect and counter, but giving a chance of boost I'm just giving alternative to Prof Ring were missing unlike for the Other Ring had Boost on Some Skills and Additional Damages. Why do Prof got only 20% Atk? what will this do? think carefully and Bless got 15% matk Boost that's why I'm giving Heavens Drive as a Suggestion and if you are worried much make other options.

and Let Gm tested it

as I mentioned, not all profs go the easy way and do bolts. 20% atk does great on battle profs so I don't see any need to change the cursed ring just for both rings to fit bolter profs' needs.

I really do not think profs need anymore boosts, that is why I disagreed. they nerfed fbh card on profs for a reason, it is because they are that good.

a normal cape does this:

Effect: Walking speed +10%

Reduce damage taken from Demihumans by 5%

Matk +10%, SP +5%, Int +20

Looking at the blessed ring:

Professor Blessed Ring:

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Vit def by 10%

HP +10%

SP +10%

Int +35

Matk +15%

it is already a huge boost for profs, no need to change anything,

• Like 1

you can't decide that if you don't have one can't, we can't do this on talking basis and Imagination if you haven't tested it yet, may the player who has and Gm's comment what they think about this.

Fbh nerf only on Magic Attacks not on Normal Damage and Sp reduction :D

-No one do Battle Prof on Normal Attack there is no weapon for that Elite Weapon can't be done anymore

-Stave Crusher still require Matk not Patk you will think that if you are using Prof

Magic Can be GTB and Reflect(Maya) Prof Classes cant goes 1 on 1 if there using One of those and there is a lot of reduction to element can use

Professor Hp is not so high it can make 200k or less coz Agi requires on Spamming you all think this if you are using Prof Classes.

Edited by Leo `D

20% on Heavens Drive and Stave Crasher ~

You know you're asking a lot. This is a big boost up and prof. are already balance in my opinion.

In addition ZerO25 has a point, Maya Card is the only counter against bolts, if Heavens Drive & Stave Crasher is to be power upd that be over powered.

No counter at all.

you can't decide that if you don't have one can't, we can't do this on talking basis and Imagination if you haven't tested it yet, may the player who has and Gm's comment what they think about this.

Fbh nerf only on Magic Attacks not on Normal Damage and Sp reduction :D

-No one do Battle Prof on Normal Attack there is no weapon for that Elite Weapon can't be done anymore

-Stave Crusher still require Matk not Patk you will think that if you are using Prof

Magic Can be GTB and Reflect(Maya) Prof Classes cant goes 1 on 1 if there using One of those and there is a lot of reduction to element can use

Professor Hp is not so high it can make 200k or less coz Agi requires on Spamming you all think this if you are using Prof Classes.

hmm well i can compute it for you if you want, no need to get someone with the rings since all the effects are listed, i can do the math if you want but that would bore everyone. so if someone indeed have the cursed and blessed ring, i would be happy to test with you. although, the fact that you can do 12k bolts on usakoring without even having the rings(just cape and valk weapon) already says so much.

on your points..

1. yep fbh is nerfed on matk, which is so needed so that bolter profs doesn't kill everybody in one shot. and yet you are suggesting something that only benefits bolter profs. again BOLTER PROFS DOESN"T NEED HELP. if you think your bolter prof need help, you are doing something wrong, stop spamming just two skills, you got a whole array of them.

2. There is a legendary book as Veracity mentioned in my status a few months ago, so it can be done. I'm using elite book myself, no one wants it anyway you can probably buy it for cheap. It's great for 1 on 1 btw, thanks to everyone going bolts, whenever i go with my prof, people default gtb or maya.

3. yep stave crasher needs matk, doesn't bolter profs have high int that they have high matk themselves? so what is your point? i never said anything about stave crasher needing patk. there's already a valk weapon that aids stave crasher, no need for a headgear to do the same job.

4. well, BOLTER PROFS aren't made for 1 on 1. they are made for group pvp and to catch someone by surprise. there's a reason we never changed gtb, because it is hard to tank magic damage compared to physical ones and neutral ones like asura. as I said, if they go gtb, kill them with stave crasher. compared to wizards, profs aren't that much screwed by gtb since profs can survive more than wizzies.. you can also try stripping if you want although fcp screws it up.

5. my prof got 230k hp. that is having high str, agi, and high dex(for stripping and hit). with similar vit, my creator got 200k hp. add energy coat and some other reducts that hp lets me survive a long time unless you got ganged. add fog and safetywalls and you are really hard to kill. unless of course you only know to spam 2 skills.

• Like 1

I am preferring of what ring prof doesn't have unlike other class boast on their skill its jut Stave and Heavens drive it not change with the stat gave still you cant kill with 1 bolts I've tested in battles unlike others that Imagining it, 12k of damage is for no gears if just Usako i will be glad if you can show me damage of 12k bolts in Usako unless ifs that with Mind Breaker (you can't use Mind Breaker all times and it has low duration)

ok i check some of the rings that got some skill buffed since that is the thing you want and raging about...

well, most of this buffs were needed by the class on their main skills(10% increase on DS for snipers).. although i find the creator ring stupid since the cape gives damage for AD and now it gives damage for mammonite, and aside from WS having the best boosts on ring, these are pretty balanced, your suggestion is not. most here are either 10% increase only and on their main skills, which means that the strategy to combat the person with ring doesn't change much, it's just added damage anyway on their main skills. you are suggesting to increase damage for skills that are used to counter weakness of prof(maya card and gtb card) which is the reason i cannot agree on it.

If you are suggesting to give the blessed ring an increase of, let's say 10% more damage to firebolt and coldbolt since most skills got 10% increase anyway, I would support your suggestion completely, since it buffs profs for an extent but still has a weakness

12k bolts doesn't need MB dude. Rusty's creator bolts me 10k-12k. He is not even a prof and he can do that much. with mb, i've seen 20k bolts. it isn't impossible

Edited by ZerO25

The 10% bolt can be done at Blessed not on Cursed coz if it is i will get Cursed Ring instead, there must be some alternative to others

Blessed Matk is only 15%

Cursed Matk 20%

I would suggest to change the 20% Atk given to Stave Crusher on Cursed Ring since Stave only can counter to Gtb user

12k its on No Gear or with MB you cant do that on full gear Characters, I do only 7k damage thats on normal

Edited by Leo `D

im on full kingset + usakoring shield, and Rusty hits me 10-12k bolts on his creator a friend of mine on bolter prof does 9k-11k on me, and she is missing some gears. in fact, i do 4-7k bolts against normal people using my bolt prof, and that is it using normal kingset+ elite staff+ 2x orleans gloves with imp cards, piamette ears and butterfly aura. granted i go full int on that build, but if i had more stuff i could probably hit 10k+.

hmm on the cursed ring..well there were a few rings that doesn't have a skill added to them, so we can leave as it is. just to be fair, stave crasher doesn't need increase in damage, a valk weapon already does that.

Edited by ZerO25

You want something to make us "breakers" die faster? I want to suggest SinX blessed rings for us to tank more. Since Desperado, Asura, Bolts and huge number of people is not enough during a WoE? With the rate everyone going with suggestions, its clear its just for the sake of a class instead of seeing it balanced as a whole. Professors already have the advantage of dealing in damage, and if you think about it properly, you guys now can also very well tank more damage than you guys used to. With FBH nullified for proffs, you guys can very well wear 2 Dragoon Wizards and not die and still deal a great damage. I disagree with what you are suggesting.

• Like 1

oh yah Valk has that but others Valk does had increase damage on skills right prof dosent have its only stave or give as alternate to 20% Atk seriously it doesn't need Atk its no use and Only Stave can counter Gtb

Usako Frigg+King Set+Sacred+Mdef = 7k-9k Bolts if has Reduction on cards it get 5k-7k thats the bolt on full Set prof with cape+butt aura.

Fighting on Gtb Player using Stave Crusher is hard doing 20k of damage you will run out of Seed first coz it carrying 250 seed its not enogh when fighting Lk/Sniper/Ws/Champ and others.

+dispel weapon of enemy players no choice to use Gtb coz it will remove energy coat and double bolt even element at this state enemy will gain more damage against you.

review this carefully think of some situation that might happen

if you can calculate damage per seconds of classes spam skill calculate it and see who will run out seeds first :D

@aerynth

Sinx has a great tanking ability since they can carry alot of seed and can do more reductions

Use UsakoFrigg/Sgw/SkullAura/Full King Set(include switching) = Great Tanking.

Sinx is easy to use than other class need many buttons on keyboads

Edited by Leo `D

The reason why they damaged u 10-12k is bcoz ur wearing gr armor ofc it would high GR card will enchant your armor with ghost lvl1. Firebolt is a lvl 4 skill if im not wrong, Ughm i would agree if the percentage will be lowered abit. and besides not all proffs has voluspa staff. And stave crasher is not that hard to tank on battle, its slow.

and @ Zero you want to boost the bolts by 10%. Lets say the ring was boosted 10% and ur enemy went gtb. wat would you do? Lets say u dont hab voluspa staff that boost Stave Crasher, are u still gonna try to kill him with a weak stave crasher damage?

This is ridiculously overpowered stats. Other classes really do need to be a bit tanky. I agree with Aerynth

So the breakers will gonna die fast when hit with 20% boosted Heavens Drive? Bolts kill ppl in woe not heavents drive. I would agree to this suggestion it the percentage of heavens drive would be lowered qo 10? and 10% stave crasher?

how can your stave become weak if they are using gtb? have you ever used profs? if they go gtb you should be hitting with at least 20k each stave minimum.

and we are talking about bolts hitting 12k on usakoring reducts, of course I tested without wearing anything else to reduce the bolt damage just to prove that if people use default gears ,which is gr armor, bolts can hit 10k-12k. please read first, I didn't say i will use elemental resists to test it out.

not everyone got voluspa, well if you are serious on using prof you should have bought one right? instead of going the easy way out of bolting and when someone goes gtb you rage. voluspa is already available, no need for a headgear to do the same thing, and if this suggestion is approved, someone with voluspa and that ring would just ruin everyone's day.

Every class has weaknesses, I would rather boost up wizards and taekwon than change the stats on a luxury gear. this suggestion wouldn't even help newbies, it would only help those who are already on top. and for the record, PROFS ARE FINE. if you think they are not, you are doing something wrong.

@to those who say fighting gtb is hard

stop going full int and go a little hybrid.. you're like someone who ranted against gtb since he can't kill with bolts. at least you can now fight gtb, we didn't have dragoon warlord card before nor a staff that lets you use stave crasher and yet we were fine with profs. i just can't see why profs need some kind of boosting. hitting 7k on bolts is high already considering you can spam it and there is a chance of double bolt. why would you want more?

@sai gtb isn't even a threat to my prof anyway, maya is more a threat to profs, not gtb, if you want, we can test it out

Edited by ZerO25

So Ring headgear must not be release? It was release for some reason in the future i think, if all people had their own ring it will be reasonable to have own on Prof Ring had same boost on skills,

Prof Skill primary is Magic type can null to Gtb, that makes useless in battles if all characters used Gtb? Prof will do to only is catch all the damage cant fight back with damage too and If you gonna tank all those you'll run out of Seed = Death

So as secondary damage can do is Stave Crusher to get a Boost.

Note: All Rings has a Additional Boost to Skill Damage make it Fair the Prof Rings. To Sniper Ring/Lk Ring/Ws Ring Even Pally Ring has a Boost.

Nope, not all rings has additional skill boosts. Stalker Blessed Ring:, taekwon blessed and cursed, sinx blessed, ninja blessed and cursed, gunslinger blessed, soul linker blessed and cursed, paladin blessed, and champion blessed, dont have any additional skill boosts.

I'd say add something to blessed ring like 10% more damage on bolt, and just leave cursed as it is. it's like you are not even listening. Voluspa is already there for stave crasher, invest into it if you cannot handle gtb. if you check those rings, most of them caters to different builds. like the sniper rings, blessed helps double strafe, cursed helps FAS. For a clearer example, sinx blessed is for crit sinxs, cursed is for the sonic blow build. You want both rings to benefit ONLY bolter profs. I disagree on that.

There's no point to boost just one build of prof, which is the int type on both the rings. you are thinking of just boosting your own prof, not everyone else's. The reason why I disagree on changing cursed ring is because the cursed ring is already perfect for the now almost extinct battle profs. in fact, my suggestion is put the matk 20% on blessed and change the matk on cursed for str+ 20 or something.