Nadtorious

[Solved]Failed To Connect ~

This could be that your Router has the server Port closed, or maybe a firewall is preventing the server to make connection.

I am really not sure, let's just wait for Ryuk, and see what he thinks about this situation.

Apparently more people are having connection issues so it might be server related. However I'm in college right now so I cant look into this myself, at least not until I'm home.

Please update me if anything changes.

12 Hours 9 Minutes passed .

I've tried but still no luck .

Same thing happens .

@Decode I don't think it's my firewall blocking it because it already asked me .

Alright I just got home. I personally do not have any trouble connecting to the game server.

You could indeed try resetting your router, make sure you have all updated files and make sure you're not using any files from other RO servers in your RO folder.

Also please try this and tell me the results :

1 : Go to start -> Type in cmd. Press enter.

2 : A prompt box will show up. Type in : ping forsakenserver.net

3 : Tell me about the results. Any time outs ? full time outs ? high ms ?

@Seraphine: Tried to restart router first then reset , it's still not working . My IE is all good, I can download 700mb without timing out .

@Ryuk: Only the Sakray is in my fRO folder . No other else . About my Ping, there are no time outs, my Average is 184 .

If you can ping to the server, then you either messed up the sclientinfo some way. Or you are blocking your client with a firewall or anti virus. Weird thing is that you do get to your characters ? That would mean you have no access to the mapserver but you do have access to the character server o.o Edited by Ryuk

One quick question for you Ryuk. What if he tries to download the whole fordata.grf and overwrites it on his fRo folder, you think that could help?

I doubt it. Considering he can get to the character screen... that would mean that the server related connection files(sclientinfo mostly) are fine. However if he's using any files from a different server it could cause malfunction anywhere during the login process.

Steps for him to follow :

1: Remove ANY files not FRO related. If you're not sure which files are related to FRO and which aren't delete your entire map and download the FRO full installer.

2: Download this file and unpack it into your RO folder. Overwrite all if it asks you to.

3: Run the patcher.

4: Run the game and try again.

I already have the FRo Full installer, is it fine if I just use that instead of download the whole thing again?

+

I already have the 2nd download you want me to unpack into the FRo folder .

When did you download/install this full installer ? Did the game work before with the same files you use now ?

PS. did you try manually starting the client (not through the patcher) and in administrator mode ?

I've downloaded the FULL installer recently and it worked .

...and no it's not running in Administrator mode . How does I do it ?

Alright , that might help.

Only thing I can say right now is make sure you're not using any files from a different server (or different source) than our own one. So just use the files presented on our site and forums, no others (Specially no other clients). Besides that, make sure you're fully patched at all times and are not blocking the connection of the client in any way.

Edited by Ryuk

I'll do it when I get home after college .

My firewall is not blocking Forsaken and I use the patcher to get in the server + there is no other Ragnarok installed in my laptop except Forsaken Ragnarok .