p3wp3w

New Meta Sniper?

Hi! It's me again!

Ever since, I've always been a fond of doing experiments, not limited to fRO, but also to other game platforms.

I just took a glance on new items that has been just released by Ares, and something just came into my mind. Well, not just an 'idea' but a 'brilliant idea', well for me atleast.

Let's talk about the newly released, Hrist's Wing Bow, and it's ring counterpart, the Sniper of the Guardian Ring.

These 2 gives a decent boost for traps, as well as for arrow shower, and Blitz Beat.

Hirst's Wing Bow [4]

Str + 15, Dex + 30, Int + 80, Max HP + 20%
Allows use of Level 10 Enlarge Weight Limit
Increase damage of Blitz Beat by 2000%
Increase damage of Claymore by 3000%,
Increase damage of Land Mine by 2800%,
Increase damage of Blast Mine by 3000%

Sniper of the Guardian Ring [1]

Str +20, Int +45, Max HP +15%, Walking speed +15%

Reduce damage taken from Demihumans by 5%

Lvl 10 Over weight

Increase damage of Blitz Beat by 3500% and Arrow Shower by 40%

As what you can see, they gave priority on adding INT on those 2 awesome newly-released items, for such reason that INT and DEX is the main boosted of the buffed skills, and on top of that, Blitz beat and Traps bypasses DEF/MDEF of the unit that's being/ has been hit.

There's one usual build that's pretty obvious that we can make with these:

• Trap Build : Where you can place traps, arrow shower 'em to stack those nasty traps, and kill whoever touches them.

However on top of that, after reading a couple of things on Tokenshop, forum, and Wikis, I have foreseen a new viable build, that's only limited to these cool stuffs.

• Breaker Sniper.

Questions

1. Is this viable?

2. Is this much better than Sinx?

3. How'd you play this style?

4. Has anyone done this yet?

5. What makes you think that this is a good build?

Answers

1. Yes it is, as far as I'm concerned. The factors that makes Assassin Cross, the usual Breaking Job are: Number of Hits & High Damage output.

A comparison :

•SinXs use Cursed Water to make Auto-attacks effective against emperium. On the other hand, you only need L.Arrow of Shadow for sniper, to hit the emperium effectively.

•Usually SinXs has around 3k Base ATK (more or less depending on gears and cards). I even saw someone having 3.4k Base ATK with full gears and 3 Amad Cards. To par that, Snipers has more than 3k Base ATK only with semi-gears.

•SinXs gets their Auto-attack Buffed with Enchant Deadly Poison, increasing their damage by as much as 400%, while Snipers got 20% damage boost with falcon eyes and 12%Stat boost with Attention Concentrate.

•SinXs can go on 2 Dagger for them to maximize the Double attack that has 50%chance at max. However, Snipers also do have Auto-Blitz Beat wherein, chance rate is increased by (LUK / 3). On top of that, Blitz Beat doesnt have cooldown(just like the Double attack) but has cast delay, which is reducible by Kiels(90% cast-delay reduction at max)

• SinXs can go either the critical build or the Thanatos build. Sadly, due to the seen fact that auto-blitz's chance is increased by LUK, might as well assume that this type of sniper is only viable for Crit-type breaking.

• SinX thana Breakers,has the ability to do TOO HIGH-or-TOO LOW damage, while Snipers Can deal FLAT CRITICAL DAMAGE topping with Blitz Beat that BYPASSES DEF/MDEF and is further buffed by Hrist's Wing Bow & Sniper of the Guardian Ring.

2. Yes, and No. Yes, because going on a sniper breaker, let's you go on Full Break Build, even without removing your Shield(Which means you got a higher survival chance) No, because i still believe that Crit/Thana Breaker has Higher Damage output compared to this build.

3. Just go on with the same breaking cards, buff yourself up with skills/ consumables, get x2 ATK from battle chant if possible, you can also go on frenzy if you would like to, distance yourself from sinx breakers(since they tend to Auto-Magnum break with their TG cards on, ofc wear your L.Arrow of Shadow (No need to use Cursed Water), and hit the emp like there's no tomorrow.

4. No one I believe.

5. Decent damage vs. Emperium, High- Number of hit against emperium, top it with the 3x3 damage area cell provided by Auto-Blitz(Yes, whenever you hit the emp, you also hit the SinX breakers around it) which lessens their survival rate. Higher survival rate while on full Break build vs. SinXs on full break Build.

So with these arguements, what do you think?

Or also, feel free to be my lab-rat in-game xD

Please be advised that i haven't tested yet the full-geare Sniper-Crit Breaker, but i've done several experiments on making this far on all the information that i have given you and is also bound to all the facts known on this server. Please follow on your own discretion.

Further Questions? Kindly comment down below and any pointers to review is highly appreciated.

• Like 4

I love the way how you appreciate the new items for Sniper. Enjoy the build and I think you made a good research on this. I will let the other players say what they think. ;)

• Like 2

Very interesting man, just one question, are you sure that blitz beat will hit the emp? As far as I know, skills just miss on the emp.
The rest of the things you said are on point, i remember i broke a few times on my sniper (on thana + 2 glooms + frenzy).. years ago though xD

Edited by Specter

Very interesting man, just one question, are you sure that blitz beat will hit the emp? As far as I know, skills just miss on the emp.

The rest of the things you said are on point, i remember i broke a few times on my sniper (on thana + 2 glooms + frenzy).. years ago though xD

There are two things to consider

• The Active-Skill Blitz Beat: Where you spam the skill it self without doing the normal attack dealing damage to the target monster/player and dealing the full damage of the skill as well as the full damage on enemies on a 3x3 area cell around it.

• The Auto-Skill Blitz Beat: Where you just Auto-attack a certain monster/player, dealing damage that's spread evenly between all affected monsters/players on a 3x3 area cell around the target.

Please consider again the Emperium as a "Holy/Angel/Small/Boss-Type Monster", Meaning it's still has the 'Boss Protocol' as a flag set and is still counted as a monster.

Please do check here the list of possibilities and restrictions against Monsters with Boss Protocol flag set

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Boss_Protocol

on top of those,

Emperium has these attributes as well.

-Immovable

-Non-Attacker

-Immune to knockback

-Detector

-Immune to Status Change

-Boss Type Immunity to Skills. (With this one, please see the Boss Protocol Link again. This doesn't necessarily mean that ALL the skills aren't working, but only a few)

This Database might be still vague since it's derived from iRO and is not fRO customed but i believe, these two servers still meet at some point, specially on these kind of things.

To support this, here's another link on this very forum: http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/23052-question-about-the-emperium-woe/

i hope that answers the question.

Edited by p3wp3w

No one played it "thats what he said" XDDD

Also i don't think auto blitz will hit emp tho, because active or auto is still the same there is this just passive on sniper that made them auto blitz so it'll be same as doing the actual skill.

would be nice if it is but then, blitz damage is fixed and depends on your not on cards so. i dont think it'll be a good breaker but yeah its fun,

Also i don't think auto blitz will hit emp tho, because active or auto is still the same there is this just passive on sniper that made them auto blitz so it'll be same as doing the actual skill.

would be nice if it is but then, blitz damage is fixed and depends on your not on cards so. i dont think it'll be a good breaker but yeah its fun,

Checked a lot of wikis if Blitz Beat will hit emp, and it does. The "Boss Type Immunity to Spells" derived from RMS on the Emp's mode is also the same as the Boss Protocol Attributes. Please see the link above. And moreover, the reason why Blitz Beat is a great tool on breaking, is because it does not solely damage the emp, but also the SinX Breakers, which gives you a chance to pick those breakers out of your way and get higher chance of breaking. To par with, All Chars got 195 ASPD no matter what, whether you're on dual wield or not and this gives you and advantage as sniper, to get more chances of hits, by having 195 ASPD as well as the Autoblitz, from which Cast Delay's reduced still by Kiels since it's treated as a "Skill" and furthermore increased by the fact that Blitz Beat can occur in-between cast-delays.

Please do check this link : http://irowiki.org/classic/Blitz_Beat

Take note that Blitz Beat Barely picks kills on those breakers, but does a decent damage since the latest gears has been released. And moreover, you're not alone on Killing those rivals on emp, you've got your guildies as well.

Edited by p3wp3w

For absolute auto-blitz max occurring with each arrow shoots out:

LUK: 120+(30)/140+(50)

†Try not to get over 200 LUK stat coz it will ate up alot of left over DEX that u needed :3 †

Also u can just use 2x kiel card for safe cost on slotting(if unsatisfied just 3x kiel)

Edited by niemono89

Still hoping someone wants to be my lab-rat ingame huehuehue

Edited by p3wp3w