Genesis

[ 08.07.2010 ] The Blessing Of The Valkyries

I get 160 when I put my Bow on. (which is higher than the Elite Stalker bow)

I used an ungeared stalker with 0 dex (minus the job bonus) and with the donation bow I had 187 attack, and I put on the elite bow and added 15 dex (to compensate the difference between the two) and had 187 attack also. So I'm thinking that they are both 120, judging from the fact that every 10 dex gives a bonus to attack so it would be 120+30+~10 from bonuses=160 when wearing the bow with no outside dexterity at all.

Wow, just wow. Look at all the ungrateful kiddies. These weapons were done with balance in mind, sure we put them as donations to boost donations (seeing as we made 200 out of the 2,000 we need to fund this server). So before you go around complaining about how this is a money grab, how about you get informed as to why we do things, fucking retard. Do you do anything other can cry and complain?

Alot does not understand that Genesis is using the funds players donate to pay and keep the server up and running. This is why we're still playing. I wouldn't use my money to pay for it either. I rather do the donation thing and get money from people who donate and pay too. If it wasn't for Donation, the server would be dead. Genesis is a good admin trying to find ways to keep his server up and we have to be grateful and respect what he does.

He was just referring to a particular group of people who are not appeased by anything, always complain, and have absolutely no appreciation/respect for the massive amount of time that the admins and the rest of the staff put into the update. :)

Why can't people even give the weapons a chance? 99% of the people complaining about them being OP haven't even used one, and probably haven't had one used on them. Respect the time and effort all the GMs put into this update, I personally love it, and I probably won't even get one of these weapons anytime soon. Stop crying and complaining about EVERY update the GMs put in. The server needs money, so Genesis and the other GMs make new donateable weapons. Is there something at all wrong with that? It does take money to run a server(lag free that is). If you think they're OP, warp when you see somebody with one, or go buy one yourself and see if it actually is OP.

Btw, awesome job Genesis & Staff.

Edited by Deceptive

Well, nothing important much but,,

Can you give somekind of boost to the New Event item Peacock Headband Hat or smth?

Well, they currently

'Peacock_Hat'/'Peacock Hat'[1](15907)
Effect :
All stat +15
Enable to use Lv.1 Sight

Well i was just thinking, that wasn't it kinda a little to standard ( Uhh a bit UP? Idk :c )

Since most of the other Headgear was also give All Stat +15 and their own various effect.

So place/not so i was thinking, why cant we add smth up? It cost pretty Expensive thou. @__@.

Sry for the unconveniet with this post or smth. x.x;

and yeah, Nice Update! Luv it<3

Keep up the good work. xD

Edited by Poringly

Well, nothing important much but,,

Can you give somekind of boost to the New Event item Peacock Headband Hat or smth?

Well, they currently

'Peacock_Hat'/'Peacock Hat'[1](15907)
Effect :
All stat +15
Enable to use Lv.1 Sight

Well i was just thinking, that wasn't it kinda a little to standard ( Uhh a bit UP? Idk :c )

Since most of the other Headgear was also give All Stat +15 and their own various effect.

So place/not so i was thinking, why cant we add smth up? It cost pretty Expensive thou. @__@.

Sry for the unconveniet with this post or smth. x.x;

and yeah, Nice Update! Luv it<3

Keep up the good work. xD

i 2nd that =) !!! i love the weapons! and about the new vote items, are those aura is just +15 all stats or they have other effects like myth? if not then for 120 vote coupons, ill just go for flower ring +20 all stat

Question in the donation page the Lord Knight Halberd say:A massive spear that has been dyed with the Blackness of Evil.

Increase Damage done to Demi Humans by 17%, Str + 20, Dex + 10, Max HP + 15%. Exclusively for Lord Knights.

And in here say: Increase damage done to Demi Humans by 15%, Str + 15, Dex + 20, +10 Vit.

.1 chance of casting coma when attacking.

-10% cast time, increase damage of spiral pierce by 200%

Wich one is the correct?

My friend and I tried to use stalker with the new bow. A fully geared SinX using 2 daggers was only hitting 5k to the stalker when it used santa poring hat. Also, the stalker can survive an asura with 2 tao's on. Again, using the bow with usakoring shield and santa poring hat and 2 immunes, a full asura champ did only 150k asura damage. I understand that there's a need for balance. But isn't a 1-hand bow with reducts making the stalker a better PvP character? I'm not flaming or anything, just asking. With the proper build, a full reducts stalker can even make asura miss.

The reducts are way to much -.- shouldn't be a reduct on the bow at all since they already got super hp backslide and strip. No need to make it so they never die and are a constant hinderance.

Question in the donation page the Lord Knight Halberd say:A massive spear that has been dyed with the Blackness of Evil.

Increase Damage done to Demi Humans by 17%, Str + 20, Dex + 10, Max HP + 15%. Exclusively for Lord Knights.

And in here say: Increase damage done to Demi Humans by 15%, Str + 15, Dex + 20, +10 Vit.

Wich one is the correct?

Please look at the first post.

Increase Damage done to Demi Humans by 17%, Str + 20, Dex + 10, Max HP + 15%.

Pally spear.

Increase damage done to Demi Humans by 15%, Str + 15, Dex + 20, +10 Vit.

LK spear.

(The description of the LK spear at our donation page is wrong atm, it shows the pally description. Please use this topic for all updated and right effects, this will be fixed asap.)

Edited by Ryuk

My friend and I tried to use stalker with the new bow. A fully geared SinX using 2 daggers was only hitting 5k to the stalker when it used santa poring hat. Also, the stalker can survive an asura with 2 tao's on. Again, using the bow with usakoring shield and santa poring hat and 2 immunes, a full asura champ did only 150k asura damage. I understand that there's a need for balance. But isn't a 1-hand bow with reducts making the stalker a better PvP character? I'm not flaming or anything, just asking. With the proper build, a full reducts stalker can even make asura miss.

You can't go 100% reductions, please read previous posts. Stalkers are still very killable you just have to change strategy for them now instead of blindly using full asura. I've tested gear with a couple champs and I know it's still very possible to be killed wearing the reductions you're mentioning. Yes, a one handed bow with reductions does make stalkers better in pvp than they were, but it does not make them the best by far. A Clown, a Champ, and a Sinx can still easily drop a stalker with the right strategy. Try different techniques and give the new weapons some time before making conclusions like this.

Stalkers are meant for survivability and elusive techniques.

-Edit-: Just a FYI: I was capable of surviving full asura with 2 taos before the stalker bow was ever implemented so even if the reductions are changed that won't change. Just gotta try something other than expecting a one hit kill from asura.

Edited by Xtopher

Xtopher using my sinx with every weapon possible that I have even the new weapons on 300 str with lk voke and tequila i only did 6k hits to a reduct stalker with santa poring bow and shield didn't even use wings. And you know he had like 600k hp.....So I had like 4500 atk <.< even if I put my sinx on auto attack brought my champ with 2x thana dorcus they still wouldn't die. Only way I can even dent a stalker is for me to mind break my self and buff my self on my prof <.< and even then I should be doing 400k bolts to you and only doing 30k But then you can just backslide away...

Maybe you guys should try something other than just pure damage output? Of course the reductions are going to kill your damage... why keep trying to maximize damage output? There are other ways. It's the same case of gtb vs mages. A mage can do no magical damage if the user is wearing a gtb, but you for one Nines are still fully capable of killing them (because you know the proper strategy).

If you want to know:

BoBo does about 24k AV on me with reductions (I consider BoBo a pretty good Clown). He can spam this 3x fairly quickly meaning 72k easily and occasionally 4x = 96k. This isn't much damage, but if he goes Taroting I really should switch to gtb at this point to avoid coma. Once I switch to GTB his damage jumps dramatically and he is fully capable of dropping me. Whats more, he can strip my gear or break it with Tarot.

Clowns aren't the only class capable of being versatile with their strategies. You simply have to rethink your opponent.

This is one example, Clowns aren't the only ones capable of killing Stalkers either. You just need to stop the pure damage output (I know it's a hard concept for this server) and try a different strategy.

no need for them to be sinx didn't need a a weapon at all there the powerhouse already.

Actually, it sounds like the donation page has the correct stats for the Lord Knight spear. I'm not 100% sure which way it was scripted, but the donation page one should have been the final update.