sarduarkar

Suggestion to help cushion the economy

"Consumables" NPC that sells useful consumables for a fair coupon price...

Ex:

- Status foods ?

- FCP scrolls ?

- Elemental Converters?

- <insert other ideas here>

Reasoning -

We have a good influx of coupons flowing into the economy (i.e. donators, events, gvg), but the main sources to drain these coupons back out of the economy are non-consumable (i.e. forsaken set). Once everyone has a forsaken set and the MVP cards they need, what do they do with their coupons? Inflation occurs because they will have lots of extra coupons and nothing else to spend it on. This is shown by the richer people spending thousands of coupons on a Rucksack, for example.

What is keeping the economy going well at fRO? New players and new useful items. New players act as the coupon sink because they sell berries, edp, other consumable type items and in turn use earned coupons for f.sets/MVP cards they don't have. As long as there is a constant influx of new players, there will always be people selling berries/etc. to older players and buying f.sets (thus draining the coupons back out of the economy). New items similarly give us reason to spend coupons, however this idea requires the constant production of better and better items (e.g. dragon aura => moon/sun aura => emp aura => better aura? or no one will buy it).

To aid in this theory, I am suggesting a consumable NPC that does not rely on the influx of new players. For it to work, it has to contain USEFUL items that people would actually buy. I mean, we have bloody branches, but no one buys them because it's simply a waste of coupons unless you want some amusement. Status foods / FCP scrolls are worthy items people would consistently buy, keeping coupons in the RO economy lower, and prices from skyrocketing (controversy on the FCP scrolls aside - just using as an example).

We have a good influx of coupons flowing into the economy (i.e. donators, events, gvg), but the main sources to drain these coupons back out of the economy are non-consumable (i.e. forsaken set). Once everyone has a forsaken set and the MVP cards they need, what do they do with their coupons? Inflation occurs because they will have lots of extra coupons and nothing else to spend it on. This is shown by the richer people spending thousands of coupons on a Rucksack, for example.

Hmmm, NO. The main source of coupon consumption is yggs, not f.set. And there is absolutely no inflation occuring atm. All the prices have infact decreased compared to 4 months ago whether it's yggs, wings, f.sets or MVP cards; get your facts straight before posting such selfish suggestios. My quess is that you ran out of FCP scrolls and are now desperately trying to make up stories to get more for less?

ps. WoE dropable items have always been extremely expensive and will remain to be unless all the castles are open for WoE so quit your QQing. kthxbai. :rolleyes:

lol?

FCP scrolls was an EXAMPLE (something that people would actually consume coupons for on a regular basis). Note in my last sentence (CONTROVERSY ABOUT FCP SCROLLS ASIDE - it was used as an example). I have plenty of FCP scrolls, and that's besides the point of this topic.

Ignoring the flames, YES the main source of coupon consumption for vet players is YGGs sold by newer players (which I already stated) - you are not understanding what I said in paragraph two. But those means of consumption are supplied by NEW players. The coupon is not drained out of the economy, it stays in the economy on another player. It only drains out when that new player buys an F.set from the donation NPC (poof, those coupons are gone). I once sold tons of YGG's to get coupons for MVP cards/f.sets. But once I had everything I needed, I no longer had the need to farm for other people.

What happens if there are no new players? What happens if everyone eventually gets the f.sets and MVP cards they need? You have a ton of people amassing coupons and spending a grip load whenever something "new" is released. What I was suggesting is another avenue of more coupon expenditure by the populace that does not rely on something like new players and farmers. If anything, having more than one "sink" to the economy (both sellers of YGGs + a NPC with consumables) might more effectively alleviate future inflation.

I agree with Sard's general suggestions/implications. Making it so coupons are wasted in order to get other items means people will have less coupons on them which means prices will rise, ygg collectors/MvP Card collectors will make a bigger profit. By the same note donations might increase which means we would be able to expand hardware/monitoring wise. The general idea might work, but reward items still need to be refined and suggested. Please note that the fact that prices are low is a good thing, it means the economy is stable and has balanced and checks, if prices were to rapidly rise THEN we would have a serious problem on our hands. There is nothing wrong with adding a few new items that might in the long run profit the economy. Keep the suggestions coming Sard, you might have something.

I have a thought. I'm pretty new here, so I may be incorrect, but the only sources of coupons here are from donation and events, right? I would find that if people were to waste their coupons on items from an NPC for convenience, making the circulation of coupons transfer away from new players. This would make new players have to increase their products and decrease the price to compare to the NPC, making it difficult for them to become on par with normal players. Plus, there could be a lack of coupons because of them being spent on an NPC. A person's income and money are only so finite, after all. This would increase the rarity of coupons, thus making it more expensive.

Of course, if you are looking at this in a way that would make it most profitable for the server, this idea would probably be best. People would spend more money on coupons to get products, and the pressure from the difficulty on a new player would convince many to donate. It would be more quality players versus more quantity players.

Though people would be spending ridiculous amounts of money on new items, the price would most likely drop considerably after a while. The chance that the price will drop depends on the method of getting the item. Coupons would also probably be used on new players for consumable items when someone has an abundance of coupons. It is mostly human nature to always go the easiest path when available. Though they could just get their own items and make their coupons sit, it is better for them to have it on stock to eventually pour into the economy than to put them into NPCs which do not put it back at all.

Hence why the key to this suggestion is properly choosing what items for the NPC to dispense. Obviously, EDP and YGGs are not wise choices because it overlaps and inhibits the sales that are already being taken care of by the players. Status foods, on the other hand, take a LOT of effort to make. It's simply not worthwhile for people to make and sell because people will pay more for YGGs (the payoff for work is considerably better in YGG sales). But maybe if it was available by an NPC, some of the people with an excess of coupons would be willing to spend a little to gain that little edge in pvp, thus reducing the amount of people with lots of extra coupons in their pockets with nothing to spend on.

- more coupons wasted overall = less coupons in people's pocket

- less coupons in the economy will drive the value of the coupon/dollar back up

(perhaps this is not needed right now because the value of the coupon is still pretty good as it stands now?).

Edit: also stuff like "status food" would be a luxury item. People will STILL buy berries from players over this type of item any day of the week. It just gives an avenue of expenditure for the people with more than enough coupons.

A good idea would be to make certain monsters drop a certain item (preferably not available via donations) that could be traded in for the items that you described. This would allow players to sell the certain items in exchange for coupons, so that players would buy these certain items to gain or think they gain an edge on their opponents. The fact that people must buy these certain items from other people, instead of NPCs, will make the coupons go back into the economy. With more coupons in fluctuation, this could allow the price of coupons to decrease, which is a good thing, according to Genesis.

Of course, my belief of more coupons into the economy could backfire, and cause an inflation of coupons. This would make prices skyrocket. We would need to make sure there is a good balance, but, in my opinion, having the prices for things involving coupons a little less is better than having a little higher.

I go both ways on this subject.

I feel like I'm interupting, Avalon is doing such an awesome job.

Lol.

Anywho, I agree on the aspects that could be considered a non harmful luxery.

But, I also find it not needed.

And as previously stated would put more pressure on players to donate.

Thus drawing the fine line of "Anyone can get donation stuff w/o donating" into a bit more of a rigid situation.

Seeing as it would most likely cause a rise in donations just to maintain said luxery.

As well, there isn't many items you could implement that would be worthwhile.

Status foods is merely one of them, however FCP scrolls would be another.

It'd have to be really strick on what were to be applied.

Personally, I would be interested in a way to raise Ticket prices.

People and new players are really getting screwed on ygg prices lately.

Making it so coupons are wasted in order to get other items means people will have less coupons on them which means prices will rise, ygg collectors/MvP Card collectors will make a bigger profit.

You're contradicting yourself. People having less coupons means that prices would fall even lower than what they already are. Our economy is perfectly balanced and the prices are decreasing by the HOUR! Infact the only feasible problem with the economy is the number of Thanatos cards that suddenly fell into the server again. As for the status foods, I was among the select few individuals who actually bothered to hunt them and the candies completely ruined them anyways. Btw, the main reason that our economy regained it's balance was due to the monopoly held over the castle drop items. If we didn't have desperate people paying thousands of coupons for a minor advantage in pvp, the ygg prices would've of remained at 3:2 and the MVP card prices would of stayed double the today's prices. So sard's suggestion falls short in every logical aspect. If you're looking for people to "destroy" donation coupons - buying items from NPC rather than each other and thus returing them to community - the best way to do so is by adding new wings/donation equipment to the f.King NPCs. As it did work out quite nicely with the transparent butterly wings.

First of all I'm extremely proud of the maturity level in this topic. Really, I'm so impressed :)

As previously stated by Genesis, the economy atm is well. I really think that this kind of thing should perhaps only be implemented if the economy starts to decline. Or maybe I'm wrong and it would be more beneficial to implement this before anything wrong in the economy happens. And yet on the same token the very NPC that would balance our economy could potentially destroy it. Which is why the choice of items needs to be well thought out.

Might I also add, that Genesis could add a quota on how many of each item a play can buy from the NPC per day, or per week etc. Inevitably this will cause an issue in players making extra characters in order to buy the items without restriction. My proposal to inhibit too much of this is to have a high level requirement. Let's be honest, leveling on a high rate is not hard work, despite the number of newcomers who beg for leeches. But newcomers will not have the coupons to begin with anyways (unless they donate a lot of money)

The NPC would sell custom items.

Here are a few things I think would be alright, if controlled properly:

Speed pots

Converters

Starcrumbs

Foods

Disguises (like we had at the Halloween events)

Starcrumbs

Are Star Crumbs really needed? I have like 850 of them that I was going to NPC sell for a minor profit.

Well anyway, I feel that this would only balance our economy if there was an inflation of coupons, which decreases their value. Though, that situation would balance itself, because the main income for coupons (donators, who most of them donate for the ingame benefits) would decrease because donators would need to donate extremely large amounts of money to gain little, because of the small value the coupon would have. This fact would discourage much donations, and eventually the number of coupons would decrease because of the small income of the coupons. This will lead the value of coupons back to its original state.

Of course, this idea is practical, because the situation mentioned above will correct itself, but it would take quite a while. The NPC could hasten the process.

Starcrumbs are needed to decard. Depending on how many sets of gears you have, some people can decard many times in a day (laziness asside).

One thing I don't want on the list is BOT's or BOS's.

Exactly.

The only items that could be produced that players barely make in the economy.

...Is food...

Everything else is made by players and is almost in constant supply as is.

Making it so players can't sell those items like BoT, BoS, Speed Pots, Converters, Etc.

Would in turn hinder the market, because players would have to lower their prices more to compete.

Making a deflation in qpons, and forcing people to donate else they do something more drastic

For a mere few qpons here and there

I think no need for fcp scrolls because creators are meant for that , but you can sure get them in special event on xmas (would be cool if it happens every year) But yes , it's a really good way to waste coupons. Even I need converters, BOS and speed potions - such stuff so it would be cool (Please make it as donation coupons because there aren't much event coupons in the game and they are not the problem , there are too much donation coupons and they are the problem!)

Also, because the server has too much donation coupons and barely event coupons (GMs don't even much lately), I think some of the clown NPC items should be obtainable with donation coupons and not event coupons (Like Bloody Branch so people will buy it because it's hard to get event coupons for it but donation is easier to get and waste on it).

Yes, releasing new items like transparent wings are GOOD. Gives people with coupons an outlet to spend on, and Gen has been really on top of this. What I am suggesting is ANOTHER avenue to help the economy in a similar fashion (not meaning to discount the good that is already being done, just augment/supplement it).

Wings = instant one time 100 coupon purchase (whenever it's released)

Consumables = steady stream of 1-2 coupon purchases (for those who want to pay for the luxury item/convenience)

I don't think it's gonna be as crazy an impact as you guys imagine. Status foods as an example: if you're rich, you might consider the convenience and benefit of buying status foods from an NPC for a coupon price. If you're poor, you won't waste the coupons (plain and simple). Otherwise, you can spend the time farming/cooking it up yourself. Like a Quickie Mart store, you pay for the convenience. Similarly, I always saw donations as a means of convenience. You can earn coupons for months, or pay for the instantaneous convenience of coupons without labor.

It's not going to crazily deflate the coupon (simply because it would dispense non-necessity/luxury items - when people don't have the coupons, they wont spend it on these). Instead, I am thinking that it might help curb the amount of coupons of the upper class, sitting on 2k+, amassing coupons with little to nothing to spend it on. It's not a problem yet, but if it ever gets top heavy with more and more people sitting on lots of coupons with nothing to spend on, that's when inflation will occur.

event items are useless so the coupons are useless too now. Everyone just realized that now...

I think we do need a shop thingy but it can't sell fcp scroll cuz then the price of the ones I got would go down.

event items are useless so the coupons are useless too now. Everyone just realized that now...

I think we do need a shop thingy but it can't sell fcp scroll cuz then the price of the ones I got would go down.

I love you; your thoughts. :jerry:

This idea could work, yet i do wonder what kind of item could be placed to sell without causing problem to none of the sides(buyer and seller of the main farming products).

If this NPC was to sell something like Converters, the price would only be fair if it was around 6 coupons the hundred(for exemple). This should not harm(much) the profit of the people who farm converter making itens.

Yet, the itens that should be sold in this NPC should be custom consumables. And no itens normally obtainable through farming, cause this could lessen the value of them(which would harm the farmers).

Things like...soul link scrolls, Buff scrolls(agi up, blessing, etc), slim white potions, rental unique equipments...

But no FCP scrolls...these things need to vanish XD

What Sard is proposing would raise the value of a donation coupon, Berserk. . In a free economy where the majority of the economy is controlled by private investors ( players) an item in high demand ( which coupons are) will increase/decrease in price depending on its flow. When coupons are injected into the economy ( via events/donations) there are more coupons in the economy thus, since they are easier to obtain ( aka cheaper) and the demand for them continues to stay high, people can sell them for less and still strike a profit. An example in real life would be, the selling of wii's online; they are close to impossible to get thus people are getting away with selling them for twice their value, the demand for it is so great. In Conclusion, what sard wants to do is diminish the amount of coupons in the economy thus raising its value going by the theory that the demand for said item will online increase ( which, it will).

You said the economy was good as it is now, with coupons being cheaper. Why then would we wanna rise the cost of items, if our economy is balanced.

Sorrow reminded me of a server I played on for a bit. The Admin had made custom skill scrolls, level 1-5(10). So a class that normally wouldn't be able to cast a certain skill would be able to with the scrolls. This was neat, but in the long run if not well controlled would have caused somewhat of a chaotic situation. And I doubt that in fro players would be too impressed if Paladins started to asura, or if Sinx started sacrificing. So my suggestion is supportive skill scrolls, as Sorrow mentioned. Soul Linker buffs, Whitesmith buffs, Gospel perhaps etc would be alright if done properly.

I'll also stress again that a quota on the number of each item a player can buy in a given time should be set.