Genesis

New Update, a must read!

Survival and ND Survival Events Added!

Right well, with the addition of 2 new events we added a few edits to the previous ones; for example trading is not possible nor are @commands. The survival Events are relatively flexible, what you do is once a GM enables the npc, waits, disable the npc they can select to leave PvP OFF or enable PvP; parties ( at this phase in the event's history) are not allowed; once they have set things up GMs select to spawn the first wave; once thats done they'll select to spawn the second wave and so on. Once They've gotten to the final wave ( and its been killed) depending on the amount of people alive prizes are given in the following order:

1 person alive = 10 coupons.

2 people alive = 7 Coupons Each.

3~ people alive = 5 coupons Each.

If GMs were to do a partysurvival event be sure to spawn each mod twice ( wave 1 twice wave 2 twice etc).

New Management for backups!

As many of you know, ForsakenRO automatically does daily backups everyday at 10 PM, but the backups are kept on the server. Meaning if there were to be a HDD failure or a burnout all our data would be lost, of course we take measures to prevent this but as they say, the best cure is prevention. To prevent any sort of future problem we have taken new measures to insure the security of our communities' data. I present to you our High powered Maxtor:

21659821i_01.jpg

This piece of Hardware is what is going to insure all of our data. It runs on various cooling fans as well as a Sata1 1TB HDD. This hardware will be kept at a completely different location, nowhere near the server and it will, on a daily basis, backup and encrypt ( done by me) all of our SQL,SVN,Website and Forum data.

New Method of handing out PvP Ladder Prizes!

From this point on any GM can hand out the PvP Ladder Prizes. What will happen is once I clear the 3 winners by posting their names in the Hall of Fame ( here ) said 3 players may contact a GM and obtain their prizes which will be located in these boxes:

12186.gif

New Commands Added!

We've added quite a few, player friendly, commands to our player's fun arsenal these commands include the following:

@pettalk

@homtalk

as suggested by 'Ktullanux in this topic:

http://forum.forsaken-ro.net/index.php?showtopic=5788

Addition of 5 New Loading Screens!

For your enjoyment we have added the following loading screens:

loading21-1.jpg

loading22-1.jpg

loading23-1.jpg

loading24.jpg

Full credit goes to Ethereal, Copyrighted by Forsaken Ragnarok Online.

Note: To see these you must run the Forsaken Ragnarok Online Patcher!

New Project Launched!

We many of you know, we have a special biweekly event everyday except for the following days:

Monday

Thursday

Friday

We plan to fix that and add an event which will include exclusive prizes as well as adding more selections of prizes for the GvG, PvP Ladder and Event NPC, stay tuned!

Important Note: Due to the Maxtor transferring such massive quantities of data everyday from our servers to its HDD, Bandwidth usage will skyrocket which will increase our monthly bills. Donations are as welcome as ever to combat with these extra charges as well as the Hardware's cost!

Awesome, new commands.

Now I can take my pets and travel the RO countryside with my wonderous and amazing side show acts =D

Horray~! Btw, awesome update.

Also, everyone here just got ninja'd by me. Cuz I posted first, ahahahaha!

Something I just want to publicly add something which I will soon post in the GM section.

GMs whom are level 20 now have @ban which they can only use for urgent emergencies. Such as bots, advertisement and such; not to, for example, punish someone for verbal abuse. That what the ticket system is for; which I and higher up GMs do.

<< first winner of the first survival ...

... but of course Relinquish cheated and let those

other losers win with me.

Just had to add that. :D

How about maybe making some Loading Screens usefull to the point of uhm, actually helping some players out by giving off tips. For example, have one Loading Screen tell players how GMs look and to report anybody else that doesn't resemble that but claim to be GMs while another screen shows every server rule off.

You know, something productive instead of eye candy screens.

How about maybe making some Loading Screens usefull to the point of uhm, actually helping some players out by giving off tips. For example, have one Loading Screen tell players how GMs look and to report anybody else that doesn't resemble that but claim to be GMs while another screen shows every server rule off.

You know, something productive instead of eye candy screens.

I'd be up for that.

Like helpful reminders.

Very nice, Genesis. Played my very first survival game today. And as a GM so very correctly put it, you've really outdone yourself.

Just some suggestions to add on, however, after trying it out:

- 40mil hp thana bosses x5 that static lock you in place until you get tired after 30 minutes and quit... perhaps edit that a bit? >:D

- On the other hand, GR and other mobs before then were quite easy (a good medium would be nice)

** if you don't mind, I can send you ideas on a notepad when i'm bored at work =P

Very nice, Genesis. Played my very first survival game today. And as a GM so very correctly put it, you've really outdone yourself.

- 40mil hp thana bosses x5 that static lock you in place until you get tired after 30 minutes and quit... perhaps edit that a bit? >:D

- On the other hand, GR and other mobs before then were quite easy (a good medium would be nice)

** if you don't mind, I can send you ideas on a notepad when i'm bored at work =P

Don't listen to Sard, he'll try to win. :P Jk.

Anyways, nice updates, Genesis. Release moar!!

The first time we played we had a spawn of lhz03 mobs but this time didn't ... It would've

helped clear the room out a bit more if they were the 4th wave .. and 1st and 2nd wave

were the same creatures ...

wonder if there is a reason?

Plus, I think if pvp is on and the paly obviously can't kill the sinX and nobody is willing

to work together the last 3 survivors should just call it a draw after 10 minutes, unless

you really want us to kill the thanas first.

that's why pvp suck in that event , I think it should be like this: a NPC opens and the first 10-20 people to enter first , get to participate (never been in that event so depends on the number of mobs) , then you all work together , and you all win 5 coupons each.

Yeah, maybe PvP shouldn't be enabled until after the last wave has died, and only if there are a considerable amount of people still in play by that point.

I was in one, and during the first half of the last wave PvP was not on, and then without warning, it got turned on. Fair, I don't think so. There should at least be a warning >.>

And this all happened while people were dragging mobs of thana onto my asura champ, I finally just said "F it" and asked Fall to warp me out. Yes, I am bitter XD