ShadeIromatak

Enable Backslide In Woe

In every server I have played since 2005 there has been backslide in WoE & PvP

I want backslide to be enabled for evasive techniques for the thief classes, such as snap is enabled for Champs. Assassins take the most amount of damage during WoE (with the help of our beloved pally's) and should have a chance to evade while on the Emp. ESPECIALLY when it is lagging.

Opposing reasons to why it isn't enabled:

1: Champs can't break the emp so they can have snap

- If a SinX is dead because a champ pwnd him then he can't break the emp either

2: Sinx can get to the emp faster using backslide

- If you've ever used backslide you know how annoying it is especially going around corners and maze like obsticles, which happen to be in every WoE castle.

I am willing to run a test through every castle Cspeed vs Backslide + Cspeed to see which is faster with the GM's approval. [ seeing that backslide is disabled in and out of WoE inside the castles I will need to GM's to enable it for the test]

Thoughts and Comments ? ^-^

Thank you for your time --- and yes I did all this just for backslide ;)

Edited by ShadeIromatak

You can point 20 servers with backslide, i can point others 20 without.

As you say, sinx can break emp, champ not. So, every sinx will abuse backslide to enter insine emperium and break without being touched. That why backslide is block only in WoE and free to abuse in every other situation.

Backslide was usable and became banned because the abuse.

Edited by Peacecraft

You can point 20 servers with backslide, i can point others 20 without.

As you say, sinx can break emp, champ not. So, every sinx will abuse backslide to enter insine emperium and break without being toched. That why backslide is block only in WoE and free to abuse in every other situation.

Backslide was usable and became banned because the abuse.

SinX take the majority of damage AT the emp not getting too it. Getting to the emp isn't a problem with or without backslide. I don't understand when people say they can break w/o being touched, because you can hit a sinx or stalker as they backslide a lot easier then a champ that snaps also you still hit the sniper traps that are laid there. Back slide is a KEY skill to the thief's arsenal and taking that away is wrong in my opinion.

Break emperium shouldnt be easy, it requires enforce and team work, not a solo sinx that can hit emperium like crazy and be hardly touched.

Champ is not that overpowerd, asura have 6k sp cap plus WoE reduction.

Sinx in the other hand have great hp pool, 2 sloted armor for 2 gloom or GR and immunity to freenzy w/o spend armor slot.

For me, its a matter of balance, no need to make more easy to break emperium.

Break emperium shouldnt be easy, it requires enforce and team work, not a solo sinx that can hit emperium like crazy and be hardly touched.

Champ is not that overpowerd, asura have 6k sp cap plus WoE reduction.

Sinx in the other hand have great hp pool, 2 sloted armor for 2 gloom or GR and immunity to freenzy w/o spend armor slot.

For me, its a matter of balance, no need to make more easy to break emperium.

I still don't understand how breaking an emp and backsliding correlate if they can reach the emp with or without backslide -- and for some emps backslide would prove inefficient, because it would just be easier to walk up to an emp haha

Backslide defeats traps, scholar webs, decrease agi, pretty much everything that can possible stop you. Also can be precasted and spammed like crazy, even fast than snap and controled by /bangbang | bingbing.

Snap gives a 2 second delay on a Champions killing skill and cannot be used immediately after asura. Backslide have no drawnback.

Speed potion and backslide can never be equal, because speed potion have price.

Edited by Peacecraft

Backslide defeats traps, scholar webs, decrease agi, pretty much everything that can possible stop you. Also can be precasted and spammed like crazy, even fast than snap and controled by /bangbang | bingbing.

Snap gives a 2 second delay on a Champions killing skill and cannot be used immediately after asura. Backslide have no drawnback.

Speed potion and backslide can never be equal, because speed potion have price.

As regards to /bingbing & /bangbang the backslide is uncontrollable and tends to go in a random direction when using those and you can still get trapped in a trap using backslide if you run into it unlike snap where you can glide through the world w/o any complications and ASURA every sinx. As far as the killing skill I don't see too many sinx pvping in WoE and don't think it gives them any advantage in battle. Thief's are meant to be sly, shifty, and smart meaning if they get them self into something bad they can get out quick HENCE Backslide ^-^

Uncontrolable? it got banned not by casual players usage but for hardcore players abuse, check any castle run ou backslide tournament video for perfect direction control.

You can backslide out of a trap (just tested in vanilla mode), you still immobilized but can backslide all tha way to emperium.

Snap is very good, but not overpowerd, all the drawnbacks liested before, also cannot asura immobilized.

Snap = click hotkey + drag mouse + click cell (cancel if you outrange or missclick)

backslide = click hotkey

Uncontrolable? it got banned not by casual players usage but for hardcore players abuse, check any castle run ou backslide tournament video for perfect direction control.

You can backslide out of a trap (just tested in vanilla mode), you still immobilized but can backslide all tha way to emperium.

Snap is very good, but not overpowerd, all the drawnbacks liested before, also cannot asura immobilized.

Snap = click hotkey + drag mouse + click cell (cancel if you outrange or missclick)

backslide = click hotkey

I'd like to hear some other inputs obviously we aren't going to agree and that's okay.

peacecraft has a point there, traps by snipers and webs by profs, if you enabled backslide theyre would be useless now. and it has a reason why admin disabled it sir

Backslide makes easier navigate through emperium room and make difficult to targe a sinX that backslide inside emperium cells.

Don't repeat something you've already said please -- i'd like other peoples input and I have already heard what you have to say thanks! ^-^

My personal view on this is that backslide should stay disabled. WoE is a team game, each class has their own role. Allowing backslide would allow assassins to get through traps , webs and precasts very easily, removing the need for remove trap classes, magnetic field and so on. WoE right now is already a breaking fest I don't see reason to make it even easier to break.

Keep in mind this is my personal opinion and doesn't represent the entire GM team.

I've been reading this topic and would see if an old player will respond. I agree with Bishop. I prefer Back Slide disabled for WoE.

• Like 1

Well... like I said on a previous post, I'm a former Ro player that has been into temptation again, as for the server I played for the most part, it had Back Sliding disabled.

It's disabled coz, like Bishop said, WoE is a team game, if sinX got backsliding, they would just slip thru the traps, and jumping here and there, would make the access to the emp so easy and anyone would be able to get there, the essence of WoE is the strategy, planning and all, with Back Sliding/High Jump it'd make WoE way boring and pointless, would be really easy to get into the emp room.

SinX take the majority of damage AT the emp not getting too it. Getting to the emp isn't a problem with or without backslide. I don't understand when people say they can break w/o being touched, because you can hit a sinx or stalker as they backslide a lot easier then a champ that snaps also you still hit the sniper traps that are laid there. Back slide is a KEY skill to the thief's arsenal and taking that away is wrong in my opinion.

To solve the problem of getting damaged at the emp, you can always go Baphomet card and rape their asses... Or you can go with a Clown that freezes everyone with Frost Joke, nigga, strategies is what you need bro.

Well... like I said on a previous post, I'm a former Ro player that has been into temptation again, as for the server I played for the most part, it had Back Sliding disabled.

It's disabled coz, like Bishop said, WoE is a team game, if sinX got backsliding, they would just slip thru the traps, and jumping here and there, would make the access to the emp so easy and anyone would be able to get there, the essence of WoE is the strategy, planning and all, with Back Sliding/High Jump it'd make WoE way boring and pointless, would be really easy to get into the emp room.

To solve the problem of getting damaged at the emp, you can always go Baphomet card and rape their asses... Or you can go with a Clown that freezes everyone with Frost Joke, nigga, strategies is what you need bro.

Don't be mistaken I don't need backslide for my sinx character I can get to the emp no problem im trying to get it enabled for my Stalker haha! The argument is just focused on the sinx due to the advantages it gives sinx apparently.

Well, in my point of view, the WOE in this server is not really as much of a team game, because only the big guilds obviously win, and then the lucky smaller guilds/solo breakers chip in from time to time. It's already difficult to go against the big guilds, let alone for breakers to get close to the emp.

And the population in this server is not as huge, and mostly all active woe players go to the biggest guild. if you can see where the castle flags are in fcity, dominated by one guild, which has been the same for years, biggest guild gets most castle, because they have the most active members. well you can say that 'It's not our fault they join us' bla bla bla, but enabling back slide wont hurt their chances of winning but would just raise the chances of smaller guilds to have a crack on the emp. Other guilds can still kill them very easily if they know what they're doing.

Wouldn't it be more balanced that way? And plus, I dont see it hurting the server, and it would make woe more competitive as the chance of losing the castle would be higher which makes the defending guild upping their defense. anything wrong with that? you just have to defend better, kinda not a hard thing to do.

It's totally easy to kill a breaker build sinx than a champ. the roles of both classes are very different yes, but how can the sinx fight back against the champ? lol and plus, 'def' in this server is just everyone clumping up beside the emp. no traps, no nothing. traps are so rare from time to time haha

I see nothing wrong with this, except for those loopholes in the maps where you can go through and kinda teleport with backslide. Just up your strategy and defend.

Well, in my point of view, the WOE in this server is not really as much of a team game, because only the big guilds obviously win, and then the lucky smaller guilds/solo breakers chip in from time to time. It's already difficult to go against the big guilds, let alone for breakers to get close to the emp.

And the population in this server is not as huge, and mostly all active woe players go to the biggest guild. if you can see where the castle flags are in fcity, dominated by one guild, which has been the same for years, biggest guild gets most castle, because they have the most active members. well you can say that 'It's not our fault they join us' bla bla bla, but enabling back slide wont hurt their chances of winning but would just raise the chances of smaller guilds to have a crack on the emp. Other guilds can still kill them very easily if they know what they're doing.

Wouldn't it be more balanced that way? And plus, I dont see it hurting the server, and it would make woe more competitive as the chance of losing the castle would be higher which makes the defending guild upping their defense. anything wrong with that? you just have to defend better, kinda not a hard thing to do.

Monopolizing WoE is problematic, but enable backslide to protome "randons woe" or "breakers only guild" isnt by far the best solution. If became easier to smaller guilds to break, how about big guilds? Smallers guilds will never be able to defend castle after breaking (by luck) emperium, hours of WOE will be simplify to 1 wave attack at end? To be fair, WOE suppose to have GvG, Team Work and fun.

About unbalance WoE, maybe unify small guild, reduce WoE guild cap (numbers of players), enable grey map GRF to reduce lag/freezed, increase/disclose fRO guild pack gears, etc. Just some ideias (brain storm), they must be debated.

There must be 1 topic to discourse about revitalizing WoE, so everyone can make suggestions, argument and make WoE more about fun and team play.

Edited by Peacecraft