plok123

Forsaken Pvp Room Idea

Ok, well this the room is where the kills count in the ladder, not that i use it that much anyways, but there is ganging going on from time to time, and I don't think it's fair.

I don't know how it works but I have seen this in different servers, and I think this would make laddering more challenging.

Ok, player1, player2 and player3 are in the pvp room, player1 and player2 gang on player3. player1 gets to kill player3.

The idea is that when player3 goes back to the room, player1 would not be able to kill player3 again unless killing a different player. same applies vice versa.

the only problem here is that when there are just 2 people laddering, that wont work :P and if it is implemented, it should last around 5 minutes or so? to prevent reconnecting to null it's effect.

I don't really know how as I have very limited knowledge when it comes to coding and programming, but it's just an idea to bring up to prevent ganging in the ladder room.

It's up to the community now, let's just brainstorm :P

Nope, disagree for multiple reasons.

The fact that partying was disabled already impacted ganging to a pretty good extent since majority of ganging in the past consisted of the person who was laddering (majority playing champion) plus a paladin for devotion.

You are pushing for this sort of ideal 1 vs 1 PvP situation that I honestly think is unfeasible. Additionally, your system sounds fairly clunky in our fast-paced environment. You would have to keep tabs on who was killed last and who is able to kill who since the person is now invulnerable to being killed and yeah, this already sounds like a hassle. This still allows classes like priest to cast lex and bam, gang.

You put it as a qualifier in your post that you have seen it in different servers but I don't know if it is truly possible to implement. I don't know, maybe it is.

Lastly and most importantly, I think you're sidestepping a bigger problem which is cheating. Focus should go into developing anti-cheating measures so people who attempt to ladder feel the competition is fair. As a person who has won ladder 6 weeks consecutively (humble brag), my biggest concern wasn't the size of my opponent's gang; in fact, I encouraged them to bring on a bigger gang because that meant I could get more kills. My bigger concern was if they were cheating while I was offline.

Ultimately, I think ganging is part of the fRO and RO metagame. RO designed its classes so that party play resulted in a sum greater than its parts. 1 vs 1 duels can still be had for honor's sake/bragging rights.

Edited by Forum~

i agree on this.. because other want to be on top 1.. there doing alt and also gang other player.. and other invite at pvp ladder ..that if he kill him he will get token .. that is not fair... and i saw other got x2 attack buff .. hays .. pvp ladder is bad now days... really bad...

RO is generally a party-based pvp setup, no class can kill every class. With that said, I do not really want to encourage 1v1 as a form of "official" pvp setup. Gangs occur normally, that has to be expected. It already was not as bad as before when parties were allowed and the pvp room does not dispel 2x/MB when going in.