zergling

Tao Gunka For Star Glad

the tao gunka card for most classes is balanced but for star glad it's such a pain to get enough HP without being completely thana bait all the time. i'm sure xtopher will back me up on this since he knows as much as i do on the class it's difficult to have enough HP to pvp without giving up completely on the damage. my star glad has 170 total vit and it has just under 170k HP with 1 tao on when other classes with this amount of vit end up having well over 200k with similar gear. maybe giving star glad an extra 20% from tao would help balance the playing field a little bit more.

my HW have 165 + 58 vit and it only have 170kHP with 1 tao. with frigs and fset and 2 skolls and wiz highness.

extra 20% HP is OP since the damage of star glad hurts a lots. even though it doesnt have valk weapon.

- 1 for me. OP

Edited by Boklek

Yea.... It takes like 200 base vit just for me to get around 200-220k hp. You get 1 shotted by most full asuras.

Also, the SG skill Union kills you when you get to less than 20% hp and takes 8% of your hp when you auto attack a player.

BTW: This threads about SG not wizard.

I don't think increasing HP would balance the class because tumbling avoids alot of damage, and with the custom gear that is out anyone can avoid decrease with the right equips. Just making people who have the better equipment out there, stronger

I don't think increasing HP would balance the class because tumbling avoids alot of damage, and with the custom gear that is out anyone can avoid decrease with the right equips. Just making people who have the better equipment out there, stronger

That's why your SG is dying in for_fild01.... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

• Like 1

That's why your SG is dying in for_fild01.... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Since when did suggestion threads become about personal attacks on players.

& my star glad has slim to none cards on at the moment, along with gear. So try to keep things on topic.

p.s contact me ingame if you have a comment regarding my individual game play, try to reduce spam posts like this one.

Edited by Mint

Since when did suggestion threads become about personal attacks on players.

& my star glad has slim to none cards on at the moment, along with gear. So try to keep things on topic.

p.s contact me ingame if you have a comment regarding my individual game play, try to reduce spam posts like this one.

I'm not attacking you. I never directly attack people in suggestion topics.

I was making a point, and a valid one. You're SG is dying a lot because they are one of the most fragile classes in the game.

How about you contact me if you want some notes on SG.

Dying instantly when you have less than 20% hp is a HUGE disadvantage... there needs to be a buffer zone created via giving them more hp from tao.

Edited by Xtopher
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that tumbling blocks Asura under a certain probability (20%), so increasing SG's survivability will cause problems.

Asura build players need 2-3 Asura's to kill a player, with tumbling this could be increased to 3-4, within 3-4 asura's a player can easily use an yggdrasil berry. Dilemma?

It doesn't matter if it takes 3 attempted asuras (rare probability)... they'll still get one shotted.

Asura isn't even the entire issue.

Classes like snipers spit out so much damage that 200k hp (and dying instantly at around 40k) is nothing.

Flying kick's damage doesn't really make up for the fact that they have 200k hp w/ 200 base vit and die at 20% hp. Plus people can just slap a pnuema card in their accessories and you're kinda useless lol.

The % chance of tumbling doesn't justify their shitty hp either.. LK/Pally can parry/guard at like 40/50% and they have the highest hp in the game.

Edited by Xtopher

With the new belts, pneuma is used at a low chance by anyone. Sniper's are kinda useless with pneuma, but SG's can still output massive melee damage with an fbook (I've done 32767 with mid-ranged gears) so pneuma doesn't stop SG dead in its tracks.

& Pally's are a tanking class, they output little damage compared to the potential of a good geared SG

Yea.... It takes like 200 base vit just for me to get around 200-220k hp. You get 1 shotted by most full asuras.

Also, the SG skill Union kills you when you get to less than 20% hp and takes 8% of your hp when you auto attack a player.

BTW: This threads about SG not wizard.

i just comparing it to the HP that he is give.

you want a valk weapon for this and then you want to upgrade its HP. you want to make SG Over POWER!

Edited by Boklek

i just comparing it to the HP that he is give.

you want a valk weapon for this and then you want to upgrade its HP. you want to make SG Over POWER!

Why compare a wiz when they survive better than star glads? We have to admit that they had shitty hp(shittier than WS before). This thread was about the Tao Gunka effect is it not? As long as it's not too much, it's ok. I actually want to see Star Glads(one of my favorite classes in iRO) in pvp(they did before but those 3 Star Glads that I know already quit). whenever I see star glads now, it is just to annoy people(spam of flying kick).

BTW> how is wanting a valk weapon and adding a bit of hp to class that is like paper becoming OP? Can star glads one shot you if they had that? i don't think so.

With the new belts, pneuma is used at a low chance by anyone. Sniper's are kinda useless with pneuma, but SG's can still output massive melee damage with an fbook (I've done 32767 with mid-ranged gears) so pneuma doesn't stop SG dead in its tracks.

& Pally's are a tanking class, they output little damage compared to the potential of a good geared SG

The fact that you use a Fbook shows how much you know about the Star Gladiator class.

Posted Image

The fact that you use a Fbook shows how much you know about the Star Gladiator class.

Fbook for melee damage, no weapon for flying kick. It was just a cheap 4 slotted book to use. ^.^ Believe it or not weapons can be un-equipped

^ like you said try to keep the posts on topic... it's not about a weapon it's about tao gunka effect on star glad. now with that being said 200k HP is nothing even with 20% chance to dodge via tumbling. an LK and a pally can both hit hard and have over 300k+ HP with a 50%+ chance of blocking attacks. all of that combined with the 20% HP limit before you kill yourself sucks ass. star glads have complete shit for HP. you might say that they are OP but if you think about it they aren't since wizards can hit 200k+ HP with no problem as well as use energy coat. hell a super novice hits 500k+ on double tao and tanks asura without much problem. star glad have far too low of HP to afford the vit we lose damage on top of being thana bait. for these other classes that are used like sinx, LK, pally, clown, wizard, prof, ect.... they can hit such high HP without much damage loss and still not be thana bait. it's not like i'm saying give SG a 100% more HP from tao i'm only saying 10-20% more HP from tao to help balance it compared to other classes in the game.

please for the love of christ keep this on topic.... >.>

It was on topic, we were talking about their damage being high, I would agree with a 10-20% HP increase to counter-act the union skill, which is the source of their high damage at the end of the day by giving the never miss effect

Edited by Mint

union causes death below 20% HP that's the side effect not to mention the HP loss as you hit players. the skill is made that way for a reason. on top of that your last 2 posts had nothing to do with the tao gunka effect it was baised on damage which has nothing to do with it. considering you had hatred on the class you were hitting that is the source of your damage without that your damage will be so low you won't be able to do shit against another class.

CAN WE JUST REMOVE THE 20% insta death on the union skill? Even if we increase the effect of tao gunka, they still die within that threshold. so if they got let's say 250k hp, they die when they reach 50k hp(so in essence they got 200k hp). likewise, even if we increase their hp to about 300k, they will die at 60k hp(giving them 240k hp technically).

Again, a little increase on the tao gunka effect will still hinder users of the star gladiator if they die within 20% hp. even with berry spam, that is still a big disadvantage.

some people will say that because of the union they do not even need cards like phree and incant. granted they do not need them, but that is measly what, 50 or below tokens? and the fact that they lose 2% hp per hit on the union skill is already not fun.

Edited by ZerO25

exactly and the fact is star glad cannot tank much unlike other classes that have a lot more HP. a star glad is forced to run away much sooner than other classes in a fight in order to survive. so by adding another 20% to their HP with tao it will allow them to be able to fight back a bit more and be able to be more effective in pvp for tanking those high DPS classes like champ, sinx, snipers, prof, ect...

Oh, I just read the skill effect again, and you only die if you 'Attack another player' while under 20% hp, so i'd say a 10-15% boost would be better

Oh, I just read the skill effect again, and you only die if you 'Attack another player' while under 20% hp, so i'd say a 10-15% boost would be better

When would you die otherwise? So, lemme get this straight... you're supposed to just let people smack at you and not hit them back because of the 20% hp - instakill?

The only time this 20% hp thing even comes into consideration is when you're ATTACKING ANOTHER PLAYER, thus you're point is kind of invalid. It's more than just auto attacks... skills too.

10% is not enough.

Edited by Xtopher