Dudu

Volupsa Staff.

Since NOBODY reads the Valkyrie Weapons Suggestion, imma bring this one up in here. To see if i can catch the population's attention!

Current Efects:

Int + 20, Increase Magic Attack damage by 20%

Enable use of Level 1 Stave Crasher

Enable use of Level 10 Enlarge Weight Limit

Increase damage with Stave Crasher by 45%

New Effects:

Increase Magic Attack by 25-30%

Increase damage with Stave Crasher by 60%.

Reasons:

This Volupsa, is meant to be better than the Highness, but basically i rather stay with the Highess. 45% More dmg wont help alot because, max dmg you can put to someone with Normal redux, is about 12-13k which is not enough. And if you are using elemental redux and sacreds, you can make it till 8-9k. So a little buff needs to get done to this sxc staff.

The top of my todo list for the next update includes the fixes to the valk weapons suggested in that topic. Ironically enough, I was JUST talking to Veracity about how that is our top priority, discussing releasing the fixes as their own separate update to get them out faster.

Omg you are a War Hero <333 Cant wait for the Next update!!!!!!! But id be cool if the population gives some feedbacks about this change i wanna make to the Volupsa. i dont want qq'in when it gets changed since, i really care about Proffesor!

Alright since Dudu is still requesting feedback regarding the change here I go :P

First things first, the voluspa wasn't supposed to be better than the highness. it's supposed to give another playstyle to professors. Aside from that, I still agree to your suggestion as without the magic eyes hats or kafra headbands (leaving you able to freeze unless you give up an armor card as well) the damage of stave will be rather weak. HOWEVER, I do believe bolt damage from profs is definitely fine as it is. Therefore I would prefer seeing the matk % stay the same but the bonus dmg to stave get higher.

Current Efects:

New effects

Int+ 20 , Increase magic attack damage by 20%

Increase damage with Stave Crasher by 70-80%

^ that's something I'd prefer seeing over higher magic attack damage. This so both weapons can be used for different playstyles.

• Like 1

Why do you want to make it stronger than highness?

Shouldn't the two serve two different purposes, but not be singularly stronger than the other?

Just curious.

Edited by Xtopher
  • Like 1

With my above preferred stats-suggestion the highness has more matk %, while voluspa adds damage to stave. Highness also gives str bonuss (and max sp) which seemed rather useless to me at first but perhaps highness can be used for full matk/melee+ifrits vs gtb. While voluspa is as high matk as they can get + stave crasher vs gtb. That way it would encourage 2 different playstyles, correct ? :3.

However as my previous post stated , I agree that it was released with a different purpose and not to be stronger than the highness :3.

Edited by Bishop

With my above preferred stats-suggestion the highness has more matk %, while voluspa adds damage to stave. Highness also gives str bonuss (and max sp) which seemed rather useless to me at first but perhaps highness can be used for full matk/melee+ifrits vs gtb. While voluspa is as high matk as they can get + stave crasher vs gtb. That way it would encourage 2 different playstyles, correct ? :3.

However as my previous post stated , I agree that it was released with a different purpose and not to be stronger than the highness :3.

I like the idea of making it for two different play styles.

Highness for bolting and "regular" magic.

Voluspa's for Stave spamming.

That way it doesn't eliminate the usefulness of highness and throw the people who have highness under the bus. The two weapons shouldn't be competing against each other, but rather be complementary.

In my opinion, increasing the magic damage is more overpowered. Have you seen our current woe already? Everyone abusing professors. Magic Damage + Breakneck spam = Fast ass hell, can barely spam yggdrasil seed or berry. Stave Crasher is okay today me. Hear me out.

• Like 2

That way it doesn't eliminate the usefulness of highness and throw the people who have highness under the bus. The two weapons shouldn't be competing against each other, but rather be complementary.

Correct!

In my opinion, increasing the magic damage is more overpowered. Have you seen our current woe already? Everyone abusing professors. Magic Damage + Breakneck spam = Fast ass hell, can barely spam yggdrasil seed or berry. Stave Crasher is okay today me. Hear me out.

That's also why the voluspa (in my suggested stats) will have lower matk than highness. Just a big bonus to stave crasher for an alternate way to fight vs GTBers :3. Still kinda waiting on Dudu though, for his opinion towards the stats I suggested :O Edited by Bishop
typo.

Alright since Dudu is still requesting feedback regarding the change here I go :P

First things first, the voluspa wasn't supposed to be better than the highness. it's supposed to give another playstyle to professors. Aside from that, I still agree to your suggestion as without the magic eyes hats or kafra headbands (leaving you able to freeze unless you give up an armor card as well) the damage of stave will be rather weak. HOWEVER, I do believe bolt damage from profs is definitely fine as it is. Therefore I would prefer seeing the matk % stay the same but the bonus dmg to stave get higher.

Current Efects:

New effects

Int+ 20 , Increase magic attack damage by 20%

Increase damage with Stave Crasher by 70-80%

^ that's something I'd prefer seeing over higher magic attack damage. This so both weapons can be used for different playstyles.

Sorry for those who understood tthat i meant to make the Volupsa better than the Highness, it was my mistake.

What im looking for the Volupsa, is a better Stave Crasher Dmg Output, since the one that it has atm is useless. The Highness, as a 24/7 Proffesor user, its perfect for MATK, it gives more SP, MATK and Str, so its better for Magic Attacking, and the Volupsa, it was meant to give Professor's a chance to duel a Gtb user, there is others ways tho but Stave Crasher is the main one. This update that im looking its to make the Volupsa actually worth getting it, i have all the Proffesor weapons and im keeping them for things like this.

@Bishop, I think that we'd have to run some Test rounds with the % of the dmg add that we wanna put, but i think 80% is nice. Since you can use Stave with Thana or Inca, we will have to run lots of tests to see if it really needs 80%. But thanks alot for the feedback.

@Chris & Kittie: Again, sorry for make you guys understand wrong but, i meant to make the Volupsa stronger Stave Crasher-wise, my mistake.

@Som: I havent seen you in prof Somdara, so if you say that Stave Crasher is good, you have some issues lmao. And you need MATK for both Stave and Bolts but, with a different formula you can boost Stave without increasing MATK. And if you dont want to get brokeneck in woe, gtb OO:

Problem is with Volupsa, if you're spamming bolts and only taking 9-12k bolts, you can easily tank that, which doesn't need a reason for the player to switch to gtb. Which leaves crasher useless/ So an sort of boost on matk is a good idea. Just to balance both side out I guess. But that's just my though on the idea.

Problem is with Volupsa, if you're spamming bolts and only taking 9-12k bolts, you can easily tank that, which doesn't need a reason for the player to switch to gtb. Which leaves crasher useless/ So an sort of boost on matk is a good idea. Just to balance both side out I guess. But that's just my though on the idea.

idk about everyone else, but i can't tank 9-12k bolts while trying to attack and use seeds easily. Especially the classes that have lower hp. So, actually i would need to switch to gtb.

Edited by Leaz

Exactly, Mau and lots of players cant tank like some of this guys can, So the easiest way is to change to Gtb.

Since when is 9-12k per bolt easy to tank?

Whats more you're misunderstanding what they want.

They want highness for bolts, then when they switch over to gtb you use voluspa for stave crasher. The two play off of each other as opposed to just using one.

I've played professor so don't say you haven't seen me. You don't need to see me playing professor so don't be saying that shit. It's vice versa for me, I always have to switch to golden thief bug when dueling a prof because I can't keep with their spam, you can't move going up to them fighting.

I like the idea of making it for two different play styles.

Highness for bolting and "regular" magic.

Voluspa's for Stave spamming.

They sum up what I want to say. I agree with whatever position this takes.

They did it already Meka :o

• Like 2

Uhh sorry for the delay, and hmmm, it actually "helped" a little bit, for example, before the patch, my stave used to do 11k, now it makes 13k lol. But if you use the new matk% items like Butt aura and the Cape, you can get a good 16k i guess. Not the best dmg but it makes the opponent burn a few ygg's