masang

This Suggestion Is For All The Farmers I Know

To make it simple, here's my suggestions:

1. Disable PVP inside the seed room:

- As we all know, Forsaken RO can be played for free. But if you want to grow strong, it's either you farm all day or donate. Seed is a basic necessity in fRO that's why farming seeds is one of the fastest way for newbies to have a chance in getting good equips. NEWBIES however doesn't have the right equips to be able to withstand a random storm gust from a geared player. Why would you even enable pvp in a farming area? Well, for beginners, paying for passes to be killed isn't a great move. That's why I've been seeing GEARED players inside the room. To balance it out, disabling PVP inside the room would be nice. PS: It's named "Seed Room", for farming purposes not for PVP purposes.

2. Drop rate:

- Before you guys say that 30% is good enough if we'll look at how many mobs there are inside the room, think again. Let's say there's 500 mobs with the 30% drop rate on hand, that'll be around 150ish if you'll talk about statistics and all. That's not a good ratio for a paid room. It's true that farming in the room is fast compared to farming in fDun for berries but in my opinion, it's not fast enough.

My suggestion, why not increase the drop rate to 50%? Let's make the seed room worth paying for.

Advantages:

1. Newbies can farm inside the room. - Even without equips, 300 on int with a high wizard is enough to kill those mobs with SG and LOV

2. More seeds for Woe, Br, GvG players. Even for PVP

3. Monopolize farming sites - Currently, if you're a beginner in fRO, you would wonder where to start. That's why there's lots of guides on how to gain zeny, tokens, or whatnot. By doing this, geared players can show them where to farm. - [if this will be implemented, I'll personally donate tokens to those who want to try it out - for Beginners]

4. I want to bring back that feeling I have years back, people farming rather than being AFK.

Edited by masang

+1 for pk off in seed room

Hmm i think the price will down since with that ratio seed tix price nowdays is 5:1 .. hope that increase the ratio will make economy worst in seeds ☺

*will not

• Like 1

PK off is ok, making the drop rate 50% is not, as it hurts the farmers more.

the 50% drop gives someone like me ,who farms for my own use, a good thing, but that drop rate will make the price go even lower, so it would hurt the ones trying to gain tokens to gear up.

• Like 1

Hmm i think the price will down since with that ratio seed tix price nowdays is 5:1 .. hope that increase the ratio will make economy worst in seeds ☺

*will not

It won't hurt the price. Prices solely depend on the sellers. If all farmers would want it to be sold by 5:1, buyers wouldn't have any choice but to buy with the said ratio. It can even go to 4:1 depending on the demand. Lest, there's also a chance the price will go down because basically the higher the supply the lower the demand. This though is not applicable on a basic necessity. It's like buying rice in the Philippines. Even though the supplies increase, people NEED rice here that's why entrepreneurs can still sell them with a good ratio.

Edited by masang

It won't hurt the price. Prices solely depend on the sellers. If all farmers would want it to be sold by 5:1, buyers wouldn't have any choice but to buy with the said ratio. It can even go to 4:1 depending on the demand. Lest, there's also a chance the price will go down because basically the higher the supply the lower the demand. This though is not applicable on a basic necessity. It's like buying rice in the Philippines. Even though the supplies increase, people NEED rice here that's why entrepreneurs can still sell them with a good ratio.

Not exactly. Players will have a choice at one point, when they understand that 50% drop rate means it is easy enough to farm on their own. The reason players buy the seeds is because they can't be bothered to do it themselves. Now, a 50% drop rate means I can easily farm seeds in a short amount of time that I really wouldn't even think of buying it in the first place.

You cannot compare it to rice dude. Not everyone can farm rice on their own, hence the prices for it is stable. Everyone, however, can farm seeds on their own in fRO. If the drop rate is high enough that people can just farm for a few minutes and get like a day worth of seeds, I don't think anyone would actually buy them, which makes the selling price go lower, which in turn will hurt the farmers. It will not be apparent at first, but it will be in the long run.

Just look at the mvp cards. You claim to have played since 2007. What is the price of TG card then and now? It will be the same thing if we make the drop rate higher than it is now(when it is already high enough).

Good point. Didn't think about rice too much so I've given a wrong illustration. Well the point is, geared players aren't farming not because the ratio is low. I even doubt they know about the ratio or whatnot. Geared players don't farm because they have enough tokens to just buy seeds from a dedicated farmer.

• Like 1

It will not work in the long run. There will be too much supply at one point. It's not like all the veterans wastes 100 tickets a day anyway.

It will not work in the long run. There will be too much supply at one point. It's not like all the veterans wastes 100 tickets a day anyway.

If you disagree with 50% then 40% is also a good number. Or, why not just increase the drop rate to 50% during weekend's floating rate if we're talking about future purposes? Increasing drop rates of cards during weekends didn't affect its prices neither its availability. But then, it would also promote weekend farmers. That's why I suggested that it be implemented on a daily basis. 40% is good if you don't want the change to be that big. I think 40% is a safe haven. Supplies? Just right. Demand? Still the same. Win win.

Edited by masang

I do think the 30% is the safe one already, I really see no reason of increasing it. This is coming from someone who farms for his own seeds.

30% is a bit slow compared to 100% drop rate for berries on F. Dun. (Despite the fact that ayothaya_dungeon02 is a large map) It still has the same number of mobs, same spawn rate. - Currently Berries are still at 5:1.

Again, not the same thing as only champs and paladins gets the full benefit on using berries(much lesser on paladins actually). The reason berries are 5:1 is not related to it's drop rate, it is the fact that most of the time only champs will buy them, while the demand for seeds is much higher.

If we go with your logic, then GR card should cost the same as TGK card since they have the same drop rate.

Again, not the same thing as only champs and paladins gets the full benefit on using berries(much lesser on paladins actually). The reason berries are 5:1 is not related to it's drop rate, it is the fact that most of the time only champs will buy them, while the demand for seeds is much higher.

If you're saying that berry's demand is low, it's price supposed to be is low as well. Thing is, it still has the same value with seeds. Why? You're correct, not entirely drop related. It's just that, people are "USED" to buying these stuff at this rate.

That leads to my conclusion, whatever the drop rate - price will still be the same. Increasing the drop rate increases the supplies.

The way you say it with "GR" and "TGK" gave me a reason to see that you don't understand why I suggested the drop rate to be higher. Increasing its drop rate increases the supply and in my opinion doesn't decrease it's price as a whole. Saying that GR and TGK having the same drop rate doesn't even come close with my logic. I used berries as an example to show that its price doesn't increase nor decrease even if its supplies are high.

Edited by masang

Your argument is that berries are 100% drop and yet have the same price of seeds, therefore making seeds drop at 100% will not change its price. This is a flawed argument, simply because you are comparing two items that are way different in terms of supply.

Berries at 5:1 is not equal to Seeds at 5:1.

Berries are cheap in that sense, since the drop rate is definitely higher than seeds. People are not used to that actually, there used to be a time where berries are 3:1 or even 2:1, back then when seeds are not half the weight. When seeds are introduced with half weight, berries gets a cheaper price because few would buy it, in spite of it being easily farmed. 100% drop rate DOES NOT EQUAL to higher supply. In fact, I do believe that the supply of berries is lesser than the seeds overall, we just do not feel it since very few people use berries and very few people actually farm berries.

Seeds used to be 3:1 and 4:1, it changed because supply was actually high simply because the demand for it is high. With the demand being high, more people farmed it and we got to the point that we have more seeds than we can use, hence it became 5:1. Even if the demand is very high, the supply simply is enough to warrant that price. Which is why I do not see any need to increase the drop rate, since our supply is already very high, adding more to it will simply make the price go lower at one point.

TL;DR - 100% drop rate does not equal higher supply. Therefore, you cannot draw the conclusion that making seeds drop 100%(the same as berries) will not affect its price. You have to note that there are far lesser farmers of berries than seeds.

Makes sense, but there's a big difference between 100% & 30. As I've suggested the drop rate should be around 50% or so, not closely related to what you said which is 100% as well as berries. Again, supplies don't affect the price as a whole in this server. Honestly speaking, IE: Orange emps outnumbers green emps in our current state. But still, it's price is higher because sellers likes to sell it that way.

Overpopulation for seeds is your main argument correct? Making the drop rate 50% would encourage newbies [Even pros] to farm more. Yes there will be more supplies but then I doubt that it will affect the community as a whole regarding the price. It's better than seeing people give up nor stay afk the whole day. I've read this article about "Frigg's Quest" to be the answer for people not to stay afk in game. Well guess what, even ring quest and stuff wouldn't get people to not go afk now because of the quest requirements.

Thus, why not encourage people to go back to basic - farming? If you're a lot against my suggestion, let's hear your idea on how to get people motivated.

Edited by masang

Supplies affect the server way more than drop rate.

You are making another wrong comparison. You cannot compare emps because they are cosmetics. People take into account how it looks, that's why the price is like that.

I have given alot of suggestions on how to motivate people, and why motivate people to farming seeds anyway, it is a usable item only. People farm it when they need it or need to sell it. Adding more drop rate will not increase the number of people farming it, but it will increase the supply slowly in the long run.

How to motivate people to stop being afk? Put emphasis on the pvp room by adding stuff in the rewards that are actually worth while. More people pvping= more seeds being used = demand gets higher = seeds supply is no longer the issue = more people will farm seeds since the demand is higher.

I have given alot of suggestions on how to motivate people, and why motivate people to farming seeds anyway, it is a usable item only. People farm it when they need it or need to sell it. Adding more drop rate will not increase the number of people farming it, but it will increase the supply slowly in the long run.

I started this thread to create a trend on how you can start in fRO. Imagine a rookie joining fRO knowing what to do. I doubt he'd stop playing because he has a path to follow through. Farming in abyss_03, tha_t11, seed room, Fdun are the options correct? I solely made a suggestion on seeds room to create a monopoly on the farming site. Because equips wise - abyss_03 - HWC, Complete set, Belts, L weap etc. Tha_t11 - HWC maybe enough, Fdun - Obviously you need the requirements for the dungeon. Seed Room - 300 int is enough, SG and LOV would do the trick. Payments? Us geared players can lend them 3 tokens to start an hour of farming. Wouldn't hurt. I understand that you don't want this suggestion to hurt in the long run, but in everything there's pros and cons. All you have to do is weigh which is better. In our current state? Fro is beginner friendly, but I think it's not enough.

I started this thread to create a trend on how you can start in fRO. Imagine a rookie joining fRO knowing what to do. I doubt he'd stop playing because he has a path to follow through. Farming in abyss_03, tha_t11, seed room, Fdun are the options correct? I solely made a suggestion on seeds room to create a monopoly on the farming site. Because equips wise - abyss_03 - HWC, Complete set, Belts, L weap etc. Tha_t11 - HWC maybe enough, Fdun - Obviously you need the requirements for the dungeon. Seed Room - 300 int is enough, SG and LOV would do the trick. Payments? Us geared players can lend them 3 tokens to start an hour of farming. Wouldn't hurt. I understand that you don't want this suggestion to hurt in the long run, but in everything there's pros and cons. All you have to do is weigh which is better. In our current state? Fro is beginner friendly, but I think it's not enough.

This has nothing to do with the drop rate however. If we want newbies to farm on the seed room, just shutting down the pvp in it is fine. The drop rate is the only issue I have, as it will hurt the newbies more than us since they are the ones who wanted to farm seeds to sell them. the drop rate is fine as it is as it is not too low nor too high. Imagine new guys try to farm in the seed room with 100% drop rate : we will have more seeds around than we can consume, which will in turn decrease the price of it(which is very low already). It will turn into more farming for the new guys if that happens. Now they get a token every 500 seeds, which is easily farmed atm. But what if the price goes down a lot when we change the drop rate? The price of seeds can go down so much, just look at EDP tickets nowadays, back then I was able to make a living by just hunting those, now they just sit in my storage.