ThePerfectHit

Gvg Suggestion

Seeing as how a few people can deny an entire event my suggestion for GvG is if there is not enough competition THAT GvG and if it is canceled, the next GvG will have x2 reward and WILL BE HELD REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF ATTENDEE'S. This way it prevents people from dodging the event to deny other guilds from the GvG Token.

+1 we need the tokens and our efforts should be paid since we had so much time gathering our troops. Some of us wake up in dawn for GVG? then they just cancel it?huhuhuh please not.... Even if there is one guild there they should be given the toks since they are brave enough to go in there... 짜증나!

I don't think guilds should get a free handout just for showing up at an event. The purpose of giving a prize is to reward a guild for their hard work winning. I think the real issue here is why more people aren't participating in GvG. If we're able to address this, then prizes won't be an issue. Is it because guilds aren't able to attend due to the time? If so we'd consider changing the time of one of the GvGs (or both, if that's what players would prefer). I'd be interested in hearing what everyone has to say about this.

• Like 1

I don't think guilds should get a free handout just for showing up at an event. The purpose of giving a prize is to reward a guild for their hard work winning. I think the real issue here is why more people aren't participating in GvG. If we're able to address this, then prizes won't be an issue. Is it because guilds aren't able to attend due to the time? If so we'd consider changing the time of one of the GvGs (or both, if that's what players would prefer). I'd be interested in hearing what everyone has to say about this.

So you think it's OK for guilds to be on and just simply not show up to the event because they don't want us to have the prize?Plus the x2 prize will give them an incentive to get on, they're always on during WoE makes no sense how they don't come to GvG, only explanation is so we don't get the prize, so changing the time would have no effect. And we haven't been getting handouts we're always on for the event and have won it for about a month and a half straight now, so saying we're not working hard is not true, but the fact that guilds can just decide to not show up so we don't get a prize is a fault in the system to me which is why I made this suggestion.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

I really have a hard time believing that's the reason people aren't participating in GvG. That everyone other than your guild would decide among themselves not to attend just to punish your guild? It seems a little far fetched, though it may not be impossible. Although even when we have just been handing out the prizes, they don't participate then either.

This has been an issue for awhile now though, and continuing to give out the prize isn't fixing it either, so it seems like a stalemate either way. I'd be interested in any suggestions anyone might have on what we can do to encourage participation in GvG. Giving 2x prizes would clearly benefit the only guild that's participating, and I'm not sure doing that would even encourage more participation if there are other underlying issues causing this.

I really have a hard time believing that's the reason people aren't participating in GvG. That everyone other than your guild would decide among themselves not to attend just to punish your guild? It seems a little far fetched, though it may not be impossible. Although even when we have just been handing out the prizes, they don't participate then either.

This has been an issue for awhile now though, and continuing to give out the prize isn't fixing it either, so it seems like a stalemate either way. I'd be interested in any suggestions anyone might have on what we can do to encourage participation in GvG. Giving 2x prizes would clearly benefit the only guild that's participating, and I'm not sure doing that would even encourage more participation if there are other underlying issues causing this.

They don't participate because we've been winning every event for over a month now straight. So it isn't far fetched and if you we're on during the events you would know this. There is no underlying issue, since the time change participation for all events has been the same for the most part.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

They don't participate because we've been winning every event for over a month now straight. So it isn't far fetched and if you we're on during the events you would know this.

I'm already aware of the situation, as all of the winners of these events are logged in the GM Event Logs. What you're saying doesn't really add up either, but I'm not interested in arguing more about this, but rather discussing solutions to the problem. :)

Well, changing the times for all of the events including woe should be a good place to start, considering that Daylight Savings only affects the Americas. Other than that, most people have no motivation in participating. Which was evident today, many people were just staying in Forsaken City, next time i'll try to get a screenshot.

I'm already aware of the situation, as all of the winners of these events are logged in the GM Event Logs. What you're saying doesn't really add up either, but I'm not interested in arguing more about this, but rather discussing solutions to the problem. :)

So tell me why more than 10 of all guilds are just sitting in their base talking instead of participating like they usually do? That doesn't add up to me, and I already made a suggestion, the x2 reward benefits whoever wants to win more so I don't see how you think that doesn't benefit the event as a whole.

Well, changing the times for all of the events including woe should be a good place to start, considering that Daylight Savings only affects the Americas. Other than that, most people have no motivation in participating. Which was evident today, many people were just staying in Forsaken City, next time i'll try to get a screenshot.

That's true about DST, but since the server is hosted in the U.S. the server time automatically changes based on DST. When I was mentioning possibly changing the time for GvG, I was thinking more along the lines of how we have European and Asian-Pacific WoEs. We could possibly move one of the weekly GvGs to a completely different time that would better accommodate our international players, and see if that helps with participation.

So tell me why more than 10 of all guilds are just sitting in their base talking instead of participating like they usually do? That doesn't add up to me, and I already made a suggestion, the x2 reward benefits whoever wants to win more so I don't see how you think that doesn't benefit the event as a whole.

I don't know why they aren't participating, but it's been an issue whether or not we give out a prize, so I don't think the reason is because they're trying to prevent you from getting a prize.

That's true about DST, but since the server is hosted in the U.S. the server time automatically changes based on DST. When I was mentioning possibly changing the time for GvG, I was thinking more along the lines of how we have European and Asian-Pacific WoEs. We could possibly move one of the weekly GvGs to a completely different time that would better accommodate our international players, and see if that helps with participation.

I don't know why they aren't participating, but it's been an issue whether or not we give out a prize, so I don't think the reason is because they're trying to prevent you from getting a prize.

There's a lot more people on for American WoE then there is asian and euro so it doesn't make sense to change the time. People are purposely not showing up don't know how I could prove this to you since you're not on during the events. If you were you would see all the guilds just sitting in their base talking and not attending.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

There's a lot more people on for American WoE then there is asian and euro so it doesn't make sense to change the time. People are purposely not showing up don't know how I could prove this to you since you're not on during the events. If you were you would see all the guilds just sitting in their base talking and not attending.

I will check all guilds now.

Yes I am very late. But I got some answers from guilds that do not go GVG anymore. The most reason for them not joining GVG is they don't have enough players and some are at work at this hour. However, guilds who went GVG today are Trilla and Elysian which are mostly from Canada and US.

Yes I am very late. But I got some answers from guilds that do not go GVG anymore. The most reason for them not joining GVG is they don't have enough players and some are at work at this hour. However, guilds who went GVG today are Trilla and Elysian which are mostly from Canada and US.

I don't see how they can say work as an excuse when the same players that say that are on for American WoE which is the exact same time.

I don't see how they can say work as an excuse when the same players that say that are on for American WoE which is the exact same time.

Well, I think the reason is that WoE can be won with luck unlike GVG hence people join WoE more.

Sadly we cannot force people like that to participate in GVG, and giving out free prizes is not a solution either. The prize of GVG is good already and yet they do not join, so that says a lot.