Rayray

Rayray's Bow(Double Strafe) Stalker Guide

In the whole server, I only saw a single magic stalker, and he was Twilight Chaser. not sure if he's even continuing that path

(And that makes me think about Stave Crasher type Stalker. lol)

And yes, DS type is awesome and is better, but it doesn't exactly fit my playstyle since I've suffered enough finger breaking during my time as a Ninja.

Int can actually be effective but not as a 1v1 character. It's just a magic class with evasive skills(backslide, stalk) and a strip skill. It was effective on laddering though(acid bomb copied) if you get at least one other player to help you(ideally a sniper or clown/gypsy).

As clearly shown by this guide, I prefer the bow type as well, but I was more defensive than the rest(seeing as I normally copy flip tatami). I can't remember but I did show how I play that stalker against a ninja, I think Victoria posted our fight in the general discussions.

EDIT: found it, sadly Victoria wasn't able to fraps it so it was all screenies. http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24531

Edited by Rayray

Being int stalk is indeed. Very efficient. if u wanna go bolt type. i suggest to just to make prof or mage. Kamaitachi and Meteor are the best int skills for an int stalk imo.

But this is only good on group fights/woe. You can strip, but as ray calculated and as far as i had tried. its like 8-15x skill spam before you can actually strip a normal player having 150dex depending on the chance. and like 20-25x spam before u can strip pips having higher dex than 150.

+ if enemy goes to gtb and 2 devs. ur ab or martyrs are gonna be low enough to tank and wont work like stave crasher since it wont be good if u have already copied a skill. But viable if u are using bolts given by hod/aog.

Actually, during those moments of group pvp and they already scouted your acid bomb, it would help if you actually do not have preserve. Granted my int stalker when i was laddering then had a bit of hybrid(literally 99 vit JUST to not get stunned) INT/DEX so i can hopefully get hit by a skill that I can make use of against the one using dual devs + gtb. One time I got bowling bash and was able to kill due to it. But yeah, luck was on my side then as I got dispelled. Or sometimes, those ifrit rings really help

Actually, during those moments of group pvp and they already scouted your acid bomb, it would help if you actually do not have preserve. Granted my int stalker when i was laddering then had a bit of hybrid(literally 99 vit JUST to not get stunned) INT/DEX so i can hopefully get hit by a skill that I can make use of against the one using dual devs + gtb. One time I got bowling bash and was able to kill due to it. But yeah, luck was on my side then as I got dispelled. Or sometimes, those ifrit rings really help

Having a Ring of Resonance does help quite a lot, especially when the death tarot card shows up. (sadly I'm impatient. lel)

It's really funny what a stalker can do that other jobs cannot: copy skills and turn them against others. It's similar to self defense tactics such as taking your enemy's weapon and using it against them, turning the tables.

Being int stalk is indeed. Very efficient. if u wanna go bolt type. i suggest to just to make prof or mage. Kamaitachi and Meteor are the best int skills for an int stalk imo.

But this is only good on group fights/woe. You can strip, but as ray calculated and as far as i had tried. its like 8-15x skill spam before you can actually strip a normal player having 150dex depending on the chance. and like 20-25x spam before u can strip pips having higher dex than 150.

+ if enemy goes to gtb and 2 devs. ur ab or martyrs are gonna be low enough to tank and wont work like stave crasher since it wont be good if u have already copied a skill. But viable if u are using bolts given by hod/aog.

INT Stalker is fun in my opinion, but not really my playstyle. As Rayray have said, it's quite viable and it's like a wizard with defensive skills.

Stalker is fun to use since you can easily transfer your stuff from being an INT type from a DEX type, and vice versa.

In group fights such as WoE or GvG, I just scout out squishies (a deadly attack type character with low defense, scouting them is a common strategy in League of Legends) then just beat then up so that Paladins wouldn't do much without their damaging partners.

That's what got me that FS>BS>AA/RagingTrifecta tactic. There still is some flaws with that, I admit, though I am open minded to similar tactics such as DS.

Auto attacking is a decent strategy, only problem there is that you are stuck with a skill that only activates on auto attack. It works well with ring of resonance though.

For DS, it would be best if you do have two bows, one with thana and the other one with the normal DS bows(tg and such). Whenever I do DS stalker, I start by copying defensive skills or matyr if I am super lazy(thana DS with immaterial, if it goes low, hit with matyr. No need to strip).

int stalk is indeed a fun class to use.

Basically can almost all be like any other class only half or less effective as the original.

And auto attack for me with ifrit rings are used for long fights. I would still prefer having ds with martyr or ds with bb.

usually those who use autoattack with trifecta is a breaker type stalk or a redux type stalk. can deal decent damage but not that deadly unless u are near enough to proc coma faster. as ive tried. the nearer you are on the enemy the more the % all skills chance procs. and takes too long time when ur far. so better strip than wait for coma in a long distance after the fcp runs off.

int stalk is indeed a fun class to use.

Basically can almost all be like any other class only half or less effective as the original.

And auto attack for me with ifrit rings are used for long fights. I would still prefer having ds with martyr or ds with bb.

usually those who use autoattack with trifecta is a breaker type stalk or a redux type stalk. can deal decent damage but not that deadly unless u are near enough to proc coma faster. as ive tried. the nearer you are on the enemy the more the % all skills chance procs. and takes too long time when ur far. so better strip than wait for coma in a long distance after the fcp runs off.

I occasionally use DS type, but not with other offensive skills like BB since I copy something like Flip Tatami against champs.

Also, you're correct. Besides the autoattack strat, I also am a breaker type stalker, which is why I bring Raging Trifecta with me most of the time. :)

if u are on DS, i prefer something that cant be block by pneuma or at least can move others out of pneuma. And of course defensive skills like tatami are good for stalks. But yeah all in all. It depends on the playing style of the players.

if u are on DS, i prefer something that cant be block by pneuma or at least can move others out of pneuma. And of course defensive skills like tatami are good for stalks. But yeah all in all. It depends on the playing style of the players.

I used to get Charge Attack since, like Rayray said, it gets them out of Pneuma and puts them in a perfect range for DS spam.

I haven't met a sniper that won against my stalker when i copied flip tatami. I got that idea when someone goes in fild with a fully buffed sniper. Made him waste time LOL

The main reason i go DS stalker is because I do not like the idea of always getting link for my preserved skill. Again, laziness is an issue for me.

I used to get Charge Attack since, like Rayray said, it gets them out of Pneuma and puts them in a perfect range for DS spam.

If you can master the range of flip tatami, it does that too, but less pushback. Overall, if you had a fully geared stalker, flip tatami can be phased out(since you can just put the auto pneuma card in the freyr), but if not then flip tatami would be the best skill to copy, survivability wise. Your damage should be great already anyway, considering you should be playing stalker like a DS sniper, you should have ship captain to switch into. Flip tatami makes almost all ranged characters useless.

Again, be versatile. Shield Chain works well with DS stalkers as well(kinda like a weaker matyr but isn't limited to 5 attacks).

but u need str for shield chain right?

They do, but DEX (and LUK amazingly) still can affect them, but on a minor scale.

Provoke can increase the damage for Shield Chain as well.

They do, but DEX (and LUK amazingly) still can affect them, but on a minor scale.

Provoke can increase the damage for Shield Chain as well.

Yes and no actually. For Paladins, shield chain needs str as Stat derived ATK affects its damage. Since only this server allows stalkers to copy trans skills, no other site can confirm it so I had to test.

For stalkers, since we get our damage from dex if using a bow, then it directly affects shield chain. So what Aerofox said is half true. Instead of dex and luk affecting a stalker's shield chain on a minor scale, it is now str and luk affecting stalker's shield chain in a minor scale(considering you are using a bow).

how about if im a first tym user..dex type stalk. what d u suggest. what weapon i use for beginner for ds type

Then you substitute the Stalker SB for a stalker legendary bow. Weapon card should still be the same(3xtg skel worker or 2xtg, 1xskel worker, 1x valk rand) for non thana DS. I won't really advice stalker for a first time user though. Using stalker as pvp class needs working knowledge of all the classes in RO. It's not like Sniper, I can tell you that.

Stalker SB = Stalker Soaring Bird.

It is a donate version of the Legendary Stalker Bow.

It's found at forsaken-ro.net/tokenshop

ohh so for newbie and non donors L.SBow best weapon for Bow stalker

i see thanks

will the fbh card work with ds, isen't it just for magical dmg output. i might be wrong or missed something. or is ds magical scaling in its base formula ? -thanks <3 10/10 guide

That's a common misconception. The matk given by FBH and the increase in demi human damage are both separate. You can test it out yourself, use DS against a player without fbh then another while using fbh.