bulwark

Regarding Platinum Shield

From reading the description of Orlean's Server shield, it will reflect all of the magic damage dealt back to the attacker at 5% chance right?

What about Platinum Shield? It said that:
Whenever you receive a Magical Damage there is small chance to reflect all offensive magic against you at 40% chance for 2 seconds.

I interpret it as, when a player received magic damage, there will be a SMALL chance (and the SMALL chance is 40%??) to reflect ALL  (100% of magic damage back to the caster) offensive magic (regardless of Single target/AOE) back to the attacker for 2s. Is that so?

Cause I went and searched, and someone said that it has 15% chance to reflect 40% of magic damage dealt to you, back to the caster. 
Thus, further confusing me. @@"

Please enlighten me about this. Tyvm.

Edited by bulwark

Cant access RMS as I am at work so I cant check the script. I used iRO wiki as my source. I cant tell if this is renewal though

A magnificent platinum shield that is rumored to be able to reflect harmul magic.
  • Reduces damage received from [Medium] and [Large] size enemies by 15%.
  • Reduces damage received from [Undead] race by 10%.
  • Adds a 15% chance of using [Magic Mirror] Lv 7 when attacked by magic.

My guess is that it is renewal coz AFAIK 40% is pre-renewal

On 6/17/2017 at 1:43 AM, bulwark said:

Hi there, thx for replying. So i'm guessing it's 15% chance to reflect 100% of either AOE/single target magic right? based on iRO. 

But what about the description there? that "40% chance" ..? It's so confusing to me lol.

Havent checked this ingame coz I didnt bother LOL

But AFAIK we follow pre-renewal so I think it should be 40% but I'll login as soon as I can and update this to confirm and check RMS as well as I am again at work :D

The effect you've given is the same in RMS:

Whenever you receive a Magical Damage there is small chance to reflect all offensive magic against you at 40% chance for 2 seconds.

RMS script:

{ bonus bMdef,5; bonus2 bSubSize,Size_Medium,15; bonus2 bSubSize,Size_Large,15; bonus2 bSubRace,RC_Undead,10; bonus5 bAutoSpellWhenHit,"NPC_MAGICMIRROR",7,150,BF_MAGIC,0; },{},{}

Confuses me though, seems like the script is renewal based

Edited by qperteplex

On 6/21/2017 at 2:12 PM, qperteplex said:

The effect you've given is the same in RMS:

RMS script:

{ bonus bMdef,5; bonus2 bSubSize,Size_Medium,15; bonus2 bSubSize,Size_Large,15; bonus2 bSubRace,RC_Undead,10; bonus5 bAutoSpellWhenHit,"NPC_MAGICMIRROR",7,150,BF_MAGIC,0; },{},{}

Confuses me though, seems like the script is renewal based

yea tht's why i'm oso confused abt this ...