Rad Lor

Forum Events

I know that there's a lot of people who have the same goal in suggesting this before, "To increase the number of forum users."

I am also suggesting this for the same reason.

Here are a couple of events that I have in mind.

a.) Loading Screen Event - This will be an event which will be related to an incoming season/event (e.g. Christmas, Valentines, Halloween, Winter, Spring, etc.)

• The picture to be submitted will be in-game pictures (taken by Print Screen).
  • The screenshot can't be edited (Can be cropped).
  • The entry will be posted in the forum. A screenshot will be placed in a spoiler tag.
  • Contestants can also join the hunt for the perpetrators(rule breakers).
  • No rewards will be given to those who can prove a picture to be edited because they will already increase their chance of winning by decreasing the number of competitors.
  • There will be three(3) winners for this event.
  • When the winners are chosen, a signature of their own should be placed on the screenshot.
  • The winner's entry will be used as a loading screen on the next update until the update after that.
  • An additional in-game item may be rewarded to the winners.
  • An exclusive headgear maybe, since the event will depend to an incoming event/season.
  • This event should be done before an update is made.

Yeah, this is like the Holiday Screenshot event but with add-ons.

b.) Spot that Picture! Event - Here are the mechanics:

• A screenshot in-game will be used.
  • The picture will be cropped wherein a part of it can only be seen.
  • The cropped picture will be posted here.
  • The size of the cropped picture varies.
  • The players will look for it in-game.
  • When a player finds the cropped picture in-game, they will take a screenshot with it, and post it here in the forums.
  • The duration can be in a week or depends on the number of players who will join.
  • The winner will be announced at the end of the event's duration.
  • Only one winner will be accepted. So it will be like first come, first served.
  • The cropped picture should be reviewed so that the picture will be available at one place only.
  • The cropped picture can be custom-made by the staff but should be seen in-game.
  • The staff can include a number of false images in-game, so that a player could choose it by mistake.
  • The staff can also put a number of different images which will be used throughout the event until the next update is made.
  • This event can be done weekly.
  • For the reward, event tokens should suffice since it's a weekly thing.

I think this has been done before, I just can't remember where the thread was, so I decided to post it anyway.

Oh, I was about to suggest the same thing... anyway I noticed that the forums aren't that active, maybe we could host a forum event per week with prices? like Screen shot event with top 3 and each of these players get event tokens as prizes....

The only problem with this is that to win this, it'll be based on an opinion and not a certain outcome of events like in-game. So players will lean to the opinion that GMs are biassed or favour others.

It can be solved by GMs handpicking a few and then make a poll for a week so that players can vote. (This is only for the first suggestion)

Overall a very well elaborated suggestion, I love how you did it and hope this will set an example for others.

Edited by Sensation
  • Like 2

Good stuff .

On the same note we could make a class guide event.

class and players could vote on it.

Maybe just 1 class a week ..

Like Lork knight week

Whr ppl can post guides on it , Gm will short list 3 if we have many

And then vote for a week by players .

At the end winner guide gets to go on fro wiki .

And some event tokens perhaps.

Good stuff .

On the same note we could make a class guide event.

class and players could vote on it.

Maybe just 1 class a week ..

Like Lork knight week

Whr ppl can post guides on it , Gm will short list 3 if we have many

And then vote for a week by players .

At the end winner guide gets to go on fro wiki .

And some event tokens perhaps.

I find this idea very nice.

It gives more motivation to players to contribute more to the community.

how about we make FRO FB page active again and have our even there, it will be like advertising FRO through FB through player post,
A player will make a theme or saying about FRO and then, will include their his or her IGN with the cropped screenshot of his / her character.
its like endorsing FRO. :)

how about we make FRO FB page active again and have our even there, it will be like advertising FRO through FB through player post,

A player will make a theme or saying about FRO and then, will include their his or her IGN with the cropped screenshot of his / her character.

its like endorsing FRO. :)

i suggested this too that Fro facebook account should be more active..