sshinytoyguns

Jenova Project

wassup losers ;)

UHM. YOU'RE THE LOSER HERE...OH AND WE MISS YOU NOOB! :((

Sorry for being inactive, working nonstop and sleeping for only 3-5 hours everyday. I'll try to be on more often.

Oh gosh! Don't apologize my friend! iRL comes first before fRO, 'mate! :D

I saw you afk too! At first, I was like, who the heck is this??? Then I remember, you always have "JustA" then your character build. :3

That's not a problem at all my friend :)

Work and sleep are always important. I saw you today even though you were afk :P

*Update*

O/T: I literally went outside our base and died in like 10 seconds because the Pori Pori event. Thankfully I don't think anyone went in our base.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! XD *chokes you slowly*

Bahaha! You forgot?? XD

Cheers,

Laura

Edited by sshinytoyguns

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! XD *chokes you slowly*

Bahaha! You forgot?? XD

Cheers,

Laura

*Dies slowly and comes back >.<*

Yes I didn't realize it until now el ew elll....How silly of me,i can edit to be something else :P

Edited by exe_calibur

*Dies slowly and comes back >.<*

Yes I didn't realize it until now el ew elll....How silly of me,i can edit to be something else :P

Welph...Looks like somebody got in already, Haha...I woke up this morning with Riiver, Vinor, and Mat's bio on the floor... xD

Welph...Looks like somebody got in already, Haha...I woke up this morning with Riiver, Vinor, and Mat's bio on the floor... xD

Hmmm, Mat was dead already. But Vinor and You were most likely killed by an intruder >.>

We need a new spot anyway, but still sorry about that.

Edited by exe_calibur

pa invite aq ulet ^^

okidoki sis. as soon as the server is up ^_^

I'm a bit inactive due to work and a friend of mine is asking help on his Pokemon Y team(he wants to do competitive battling with it in the next anime convention/pokemon tournament) so I literally have no time(training Pokemon have been my long time dedication). Anyone here that does competitive battling that are not using smogon rules(smogon is like an entity in pokemon battling but they ban a lot of pokemon due to them being a bit OP in their mind, which most of the time they really are not)

I've played Pokemon starting with Sapphire and Ruby then worked all the way to 5th gen competitive. Although I am not as active as before. I mainly breed and train for perfect EV's (multiples of the same pokemon but w/ different stat arrangements) and then went to online matches. Ranked was the most fun because I'd always encounter new team tactics from other players (more experienced) which I could then test and practice. Now I've settled in favoring Sweeping with Sptk, Tanking, Evee-loutions, and Rain Teams. I've followed Smogon's data and site ever since the beginning but I have strayed from them over time. Their definitions of "Uber, OU, etc." don't meet mine.

Edited by exe_calibur

Yo yo yo, its Dani! hahaha everyone is pretty much afk (off doing w/e) or waiting for servers to come back up

sup Fritz?? xD yea.yea.. hope the servers will be fixed soon. its kinda boring here

I've played Pokemon starting with Sapphire and Ruby then worked all the way to 5th gen competitive. Although I am not as active as before. I mainly breed and train for perfect EV's (multiples of the same pokemon but w/ different stat arrangements) and then went to online matches. Ranked was the most fun because I'd always encounter new team tactics from other players (more experienced) which I could then test and practice. Now I've settled in favoring Sweeping with Sptk, Tanking, Evee-loutions, and Rain Teams. I've followed Smogon's data and site ever since the beginning but I have strayed from them over time. Their definitions of "Uber, OU, etc." don't meet mine.

I definitely agree to this. I can understand Arceus and probably Mewtwo to be in the Uber tier, but I just can't understand how they banned blaziken when there are tons of counters to it(but the counters are gone since they BANNED them too). At the moment, I am still looking for a decent wall in 6th gen(my 5th gen games were destroyed in a storm so no luck there). Hell, Smogon ranked my Weezing in bw/bw2 so low even though it was really decent.

Atm, the team i have have 3 atk sweepers(Lucario and Blaziken as Setup Sweepers, Talonflame as a semi-sweeper/suicide/burn inducing revenge killer), and 3 sptk sweepers(Golduck to eliminate rain teams due to his ability, Gardevoir for trace ability, and a Nasty Plotting Pikachu with Light Ball). Pikachu will probably be replaced by Gengar, Alakazam, Mr.Mime(if I do decide to do baton pass calm mind to a sptk sweeper) or even Jolteon if it comes to needing electric type, but pikachu does well if enemy is a bit stupid and tried to setup on it instead of killing it outright, as I sweeped ONE team with just pikachu + nasty plot + light ball as it became onpar with mewtwo's damage

Basically, I want a balanced team so I will probably replace one sptk or one atk with a decent wall to stall and do random stuff like poison or burn or even paralyze. I am still debating if I would need a baton passer to setup one of the sptk sweepers(only Mr. Mime comes to mind as I have no access to lower generation especially now Mr.Mime is a psychic/fairy which makes it immune to dragon, and tons of people use dragon types >.<). Although I just tried with a friend of mine, Mega Lucario is indeed a very strong sweeper if he lives after doing one sword dance. Mega Blaziken is a bit OP in that regard since he can use Protect and gain Speed Boost next turn, use Sword Dance if the enemy will switch and just high jump kick to infinity. I probably will just use mega evolution on Lucario(as you can only do one per battle) and just use Life Orb on Blaziken(or Choice Band). What do you think will I be missing(aside from the good and decent tanks/walls that I should have gotten from bw/bw2)?

EDIT: I think having both lucario and blaziken on one team is not needed as both can sweep on their own once SD is up. So either I use one of them(at least I only have one Mega on the team) and get one extra slot on my team. And of course, replacing Pikachu is also a priority once that slot is filled up. I was thinking of using Aegislash as a bit of a tank/damager and anti-rapid spin, replacing Golduck with Gyrados if the enemy is not a rain team(or azumarill as I might need a decent water type), and finally replacing Pikachu either with evolving it to become Raichu(better speed and defense, can use life orb as an item, can still nasty plot and sweep teams) or use a beefier electric(Magnezone, Ampharos) OR a faster electric(Jolteon, etc). Or just to mess with people, use Mewtwo and just put thunderbolt as a skill.

Edited by Rayray

Well I too don't understand why they ban so many Pokemon. I've always tried to play how "the show would". Where nothing is banned. If i made it too the Pokemon League with a team of 3 Metapods, or happened to catch a MewTwo through my journey, well then it shouldn't be banned. (Of course it isn't as simple as this when it comes to the competitive games.) I agree with the whole "everyone uses Dragon types". That has made me love using my Lapras in my Rain Teams.

You have 3 atk sweepers. I'd say for a more balanced team, have a Tank that can either cover your team's weakest def. type or actual typing. I'm used to having Snorlax because of his Thick Fat ability, Silk Scarf Stab Body Slam, Rest, and (insert utility/annoyer move/hidden power counter) "here". Also a status inducer couldn't hurt, whether it be para/slp/psn/ or my personal favorite (annoyer) a "life leacher" (leftovers/leech seed/mega drain/ingrain) A utility could be an option but because your sweeping, a baton passer would be a better choice. Although, the way I see it, if you plan to baton pass then your power would be coming from a diff. place. Your powerful sweepers will need higher def. types to carry out the baton pass.

I myself love light ball Pikachu. Although I prefer Raichu when team building comes into play. Azumarill can also have the Huge Power ability which is somewhat useful. You could potentially Tank/Sweep with Magnezone but I see Jolteon as a more offensive pick.

I'm a bit inactive due to work and a friend of mine is asking help on his Pokemon Y team(he wants to do competitive battling with it in the next anime convention/pokemon tournament) so I literally have no time(training Pokemon have been my long time dedication). Anyone here that does competitive battling that are not using smogon rules(smogon is like an entity in pokemon battling but they ban a lot of pokemon due to them being a bit OP in their mind, which most of the time they really are not)

No worries, RayRay. Thanks for letting us know! Hope all is well on your side, 'mate! :)

i'm bored, the server is down. whats up guys?? xD

Yo yo yo, its Dani! hahaha everyone is pretty much afk (off doing w/e) or waiting for servers to come back up

DANI?? OUR DANI???! aka. s!ght??? :D

Cheers! :laugh:

Edited by sshinytoyguns

No worries, RayRay. Thanks for letting us know! Hope all is well on your side, 'mate! :)

DANI?? OUR DANI???! aka. s!ght??? :D

Cheers! :laugh:

hahaha yes laura. its me daniel aka s!ght xD how are things here??

hahaha yes laura. its me daniel aka s!ght xD how are things here??

DANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! I miss your randomness!!! :((

Where have you been, 'mate??? Got hospitalized yesterday...lol. BUT! I'm very much alive and well!

How are you??? :D

Well I too don't understand why they ban so many Pokemon. I've always tried to play how "the show would". Where nothing is banned. If i made it too the Pokemon League with a team of 3 Metapods, or happened to catch a MewTwo through my journey, well then it shouldn't be banned. (Of course it isn't as simple as this when it comes to the competitive games.) I agree with the whole "everyone uses Dragon types". That has made me love using my Lapras in my Rain Teams.

You have 3 atk sweepers. I'd say for a more balanced team, have a Tank that can either cover your team's weakest def. type or actual typing. I'm used to having Snorlax because of his Thick Fat ability, Silk Scarf Stab Body Slam, Rest, and (insert utility/annoyer move/hidden power counter) "here". Also a status inducer couldn't hurt, whether it be para/slp/psn/ or my personal favorite (annoyer) a "life leacher" (leftovers/leech seed/mega drain/ingrain) A utility could be an option but because your sweeping, a baton passer would be a better choice. Although, the way I see it, if you plan to baton pass then your power would be coming from a diff. place. Your powerful sweepers will need higher def. types to carry out the baton pass.

I myself love light ball Pikachu. Although I prefer Raichu when team building comes into play. Azumarill can also have the Huge Power ability which is somewhat useful. You could potentially Tank/Sweep with Magnezone but I see Jolteon as a more offensive pick.

I also used to have a Snorlax for tanking(rest + sleep talk and curse to annoy the hell out of people), however with the introduction of that fighting skill called Close Combat(that lucario can get), snorlax gets OHKO no matter what his HP is considering he is fighting a 252 atk/ 252 spd Adamant Mega Lucario(which shots his atk stat more) with just one SD. Hell, if a mega blaziken high jumps kicks him after getting SD he dies as well. So Snorlax had fallen from his grace.

Gardevoir seems like a weak version of a Psychic pokemon I could get(gengar and alakazam both have mega as well, same with gardevoir) however, I see Gardevoir as a big support now that it is Psychic/Fairy type, that makes it immune to Dragon. I still haven't had a good moveset for it though.

Golduck is basically there until I get a better Water sptk sweeper and to counter rain/weather teams.

I was thinking of using Aegislash as a good Tank, ghost+steel is a good defensive typing imo.

So basically my team could be this : Lucario with Life Orb, Blaziken with Blazikenite(the stone needed for mega) or vice versa(lucario with the mega stone, blaziken with life orb), Aegislash with leftovers+assault vest for tanking, Talonflame with choice band for revenge killing. So that leaves me missing 2 final pokemons. Golduck, Gardevoir and Pikachu/Jolteon/Magnezone are all situational picks. I might get a physical baton passer(Ninjask, Gliscor and Scizor comes to mind) just to setup Lucario or Blaziken, however it might not be as needed since most of the time people will be switching out if I took out Lucario or Blaziken so I can guess when they will switch out and SD there. Lastly, if it comes to it, I will probably use Mewtwo since he probably is still the most OP pokemon out there that is still manageable.

Edited by Rayray

Ah yes, Curse Snorlax brings back old battles. Gardevoir was my first pure lvl 100 trained pkmn :) While it's fairy type is a nice addition to countering Dragon Types and the damage output it can have after using Calm Mind (especially baton passing to ready a sweep) I think you could lead with a Gengar.

Although I wouldn't need Aegislash if I had Gengar unless you want a more better ghost tank and just lead instead with TalonFlame who's priority ability is very useful. If using Aegislash, you could Utility with say a Blissey and maybe go Skarmory too. So far your team seems promising and I find the pokemon very interesting. If I had to choose from that list I'd try Gardevoir/Magnezone first :)

My reason of using aegislash is simple, tons of sweepers nowadays use physical hits. Aegislash's King Shield skill makes it revert to shield mode and any pokemon that hit with a physical(ie connecting like most of fighting skills) will get its attack harshly lowered. If that happens, I can SD away on aegislash and he can even get enough power to 2HKO most tanks as sacred sword hurts. That also means I won't need speed on Aegislash, meaning i can take 252 hp/ 252 atk EV on it.

Talonflame's priority will be my counter on the same pokemon I have(Lucario and Blaziken) and with its priority, I don't even need high Spd. I can go HP ATK and little spd and be done with it. Probably be using Choice Band or something else and just Brave Bird away, and roost when needed. I see Talonflame as a better Arcanine with its go-in-and-damage-everything-before-I-die kind of pokemon.

I think those 4 are pretty solid. I probably take your advice and get Gardevoir and Magnezone. Any advice on Gardevoir's move set and ev?

Also, I might trade for a friend's Greninja( the water starter) due to its ability to change its type depending on the skill used.

Edited by Rayray

Well I see your points and reasons behind Aegislash. You are right, my friends also tell me most sweepers major in physical damage, while I myself am still a fan of Sptk sweeping.

For Gardevoir, if you do not plan too Baton Pass it, then Max EV's in Sptk and Spdf would be a safe bet. Remaining into Def or Spd depending on the rest of your teams EV's. Calm Mind to me is a necessity, Psychic is a powerful move, for the other two ( Pain Split, Hypnosis/Will-O-Wisp, and Shadow Ball comes to mind at the moment).

If you end up taking Gardevoir out and face a pkmn who can 2KO you before You can 2/1 KO him then being able to have Reflect/Light Screen in your move set could provide use in that situation or Wish/Protect (If it plans to kill you with a 2 turn move).

(EDIT/NOTE) Your 4 Pokemon really are Solid Picks, usually the nearer I am to completing a team the harder it becomes to make sure the last spots are filled well :)

Edited by exe_calibur

I am actually trying to breed Lucario since he can also do sptk sweeping. So depending on the situation, I might bring out a Lucario that is focused on sptk.

So going speed on gardevoir is a bit useless?

I already thought of using Psychic and Calm Mind though. Shadow ball might be good as well.

I think Aegislash can provide the tanking most of the time due to its typing. So if I do get Gardevoir, I need a last pokemon that might either be a support or just a plain sptk sweeper at that point.

Well because I've played more 5th gen then 6th I usually baton passed agility and double team to Gardevior and then Calm Minded from there before a sweep.
Sptk Lucario can be a great Dragon Killer with Dragon Pulse. For Support, an entry hazard set up can come to play or a dual screener which I prefer to have. Maybe someone who can also haze or rapid spin. A Gengar or Porgyon - Z could be useful but is a coin toss in typing.

Tons of stuff were introduced in the 6th gen that primarily focusing on baton pass can become a disaster. Probably would take Gengar then or it really will depend on the enemy at that point because I do believe that Lucario and Blaziken are huge threats already

Yes, I too have come to the conclusion where it depends on what your enemy's team looks like and what tricks he/she has up their sleeve.
Well Good Luck to your team building and battles then :)