Angels&Demons

Old But Recently Revived Scam

I've noticed that people have been complaining about a recent M.O. of scamming. The M.O. of the scammer is to sell an F.Item for a cheap price, let's say he'd be selling F.Armor for 80, and say he's on rush. So ofcourse people who needs the armor would rush and PM him to get the item. The scammer would then deal an actual F.Armor (So when the buyer checks, it's an actual F.Armor) but then would cancel the deal and say to wait for a while. Then the scammer would deal again, but this time deal a Legion Plate Armor which looks like a F.Armor. Most often, the buyers won't recheck if it was a F.Armor or not, since they already checked the first time. So voila, goodbye to 80 tokens, and you get a Legion Plate Armor. Please beware of this, LOTS of people have already been scammed. F.Cloak can also be scammed using this M.O. with a Survivor's Manteau.

As nice and thoughtful these warnings are, I think some people might just take these as new scamming ideas for themselves. But I guess it can't be helped either way.

And I agree with Seraphine. New sprites for the f king set and elite set would be great.

Sei En is ----A---- if I am not mistaken that is bam_09

You should telly our friend to file a ticket .

As for the F Set sprites, +1 I think they should be changed with no same sprite as other items .

Same goes to Belts too.

Donation and Non-Donation belts look just about the same,

and I know that sprites between belts shouldn't look much different,

but it is, besides the Legion Plate Armor & the Survivor's Manteau,

another object used to scam careless players who doesn't check their deals the 2nd or 3rd time.

Well if people have any ideas on what the new Forsaken King Set & Elite Set should look like, we could start a new thread somewhere in the Originality Section.

P.S. " It has to look totally cooler than any Gears exist in iRO or any other private RO server. Custom made looks which only exist in fRO alone, like Valkyrie Weapons "

P.S.S " I still say check it more than twice when it comes to dealing with people, just to make sure lol there's no need to rush you know "

P.S. " It has to look totally cooler than any Gears exist in iRO or any other private RO server. Custom made looks which only exist in fRO alone, like Valkyrie Weapons "

That's true to a certain extent, since FRO is very much unique on their own

and very upfront in terms of design and exclusivity.

I mean, if we want to change the sprite of Forsaken King Items/ Belts then why not do it right and

give it our best shot? At least that's what I thought.

Maybe if we can have a few ideas and sketches done before we conclude our ideas,

but I agree with this. +1.

P.S.S " I still say check it more than twice when it comes to dealing with people, just to make sure lol there's no need to rush you know "

Scammers tend to rush the players into completing the deal with them asap,

using words like "RUSH" "HURRY UP I GTG." or "I SOLD IT TO SOME1 ELSE U TOO SLOW."

Players, in getting pressure from the others like this, tend to be more prone to

carelessness. This is part of the scamming package as well.

Or there's just people out there who's careless and those who do not check their deals

to ensure that it's the right items they're dealing with. They're either lazy, reckless,

or just couldn't be bothered. Can't be helped sometimes.

Edited by Lyris