Phenomenon

Rune of Power Aurora

I like the design on the Rune of Power Aurora, and I love it's animation as well. And it's an innovation to the +## all stats auroras, but I'm a bit concerned on it's stats. While the added damage increase it does over Emperium Aurora isn't that significant, the HP boost from Rune of Power Aurora can be greater than Emperium Aurora depending on what +HP% Modifiers you wear, and the stats just put it too close to Emperium Aurora all-together in terms of HP increase and Damage output, making me fear that a donate able item will significantly reduce the price of Emperium Aurora, which is a WoE-only item and not easily obtainable. I suggest that the Rune of Power Aurora be nerfed to +5% added damage on demi-human monsters (instead of 10%) and +4% HP (instead of +8%) to assure that it will remain below Emperium Aurora in terms of usefulness, can I get some in-put please?

I Agree with this ive already noticed people selling emps for lower prices

Well. It's donatable right now until July 27th. Have you considered how rare it will be when it can't be so easily obtained?

I think this should be factored in before you start changing the stats after like 2 hours of it actually being in the game and screwing everyone over who donated for it.

Screwed over? So are you saying +20 all stats, +5% additional damage to demi-human, and +4% HP is still not considerably good? Considering everyone seems to love the sprite. I'm not saying make the item be completely useless, I'm saying reduce it A BIT to keep it from being direct competition to Emperium Aurora, which should have advantage over it since it is not easy to keep a castle with a healthy economy in order to get Emperium Aurora without a large group of people.

I'm basing my argument on the small amount of tests that have already been done, the Rune of Power Aurora is about the same as Emperium Aurora as far as damage-wise and HP-wise, I wore a Rune with 2 skolls, f. set, and I believe 0~1 Tao, and it gave me more HP then when I was wearing Emperium Aurora, so it has the capacity to surpass Emperium Aurora in the one advantage we thought it had.

My argument is more based on the impact I think it will have on Emperium Aurora, an item which should be more powerful IMO than an item that you can get for donating, not on what affect it will have on PvP. (Ex. from the past; Fallen Ghost, Rune of Power Aurora is just similar to Emperium Aurora in respect to what they do)

The animation is quite nice and I do agree with Phenomenon here. The stats are too much. Let us make an example. The myth auras are +15 to all stats and has elemental reducts right? Even with that stat, it isn't as good as emp aura, we got to admit that. Now a donateable item that got slightly better stats than the emp? I got to really see it in game if it is imbalanced. It is hard to get an emp aura, as they pointed out, it can only be obtained through WoE, and it has a little chance of dropping especially if the eco is low. I agree with the suggestion of Pheno all through out. Lower it a little. don't remove it just nerf it a little. But yeah I think I need to see someone wear it and let us see if it is indeed that much of a hype. Personally I think that aura would only be good/strong item when someone who knows his stuff uses it. Let us be honest, those who just donate to get strong here never really made it to the top right?

I know some guys here(me included) have fought people with emps that made you wonder "how the hell did he get those items if he fights like this?". Let us all wait and see aight?

I'm basing my argument on the small amount of tests that have already been done, the Rune of Power Aurora is about the same as Emperium Aurora as far as damage-wise and HP-wise, I wore a Rune with 2 skolls, f. set, and I believe 0~1 Tao, and it gave me more HP then when I was wearing Emperium Aurora, so it has the capacity to surpass Emperium Aurora in the one advantage we thought it had.

My argument is more based on the impact I think it will have on Emperium Aurora, an item which should be more powerful IMO than an item that you can get for donating, not on what affect it will have on PvP. (Ex. from the past; Fallen Ghost, Rune of Power Aurora is just similar to Emperium Aurora in respect to what they do)

Rune aurora gives a nice HP boost which isn't that much difference than Emp aurora, in most cases you will recieve MORE HP with Emp aurora. Thus in some cases you'll gain 2-3k with rune aurora, oh shit that OBVIOUSLY needs nerfing because 2-3k HP is some serious fucking business right there.

I don't understand why this topic was made right now. Noone has them in-game meaning noone is using them in PvP, how can you make a post saying they need nerfing? You have no good or valid reason why they should be nerfed other than 'ITS BTR DEN EMP AURORA QQQQQQQQQ'. Okay, sure, in some cases people may think its better.

Ontop of that Emp aurora is old now, 90% of the server has one and its straight up boring. I believe I said this before that I'm working on a new aurora for WoE which will be better than both of these auroras.

tl;dr, start PvPing instead of sitting in down all day so you can give proper suggestions and not go based on assumptions

I'm not saying the item is over-powered. I'm saying it's in direct competition with an item that is, as of right now, much harder to obtain than the Power of Rune Aurora itself. It will in-turn reduce the value of the harder to obtain item (Emperium Aurora), an item that is, as I said, at this moment harder to obtain.

And your new aurora which will be better than both of these will be a WoE item, not a donate able item, a WoE item of course should have an advantage to a donate able one.

Even so, anyone with a credit card and little knowledge of RO can get one, I'm not saying nerf it a lot or even make it be useless, I like the Aurora myself and will get one, I just don't like it being about the same as my Emperium Aurora, since WoEing is not as easy as it seems, it requires a team effort.

I fixed my stats to accommodate for what I base my sinX stats after, instant cast with gold valk, sacred wings, middle aurora, f. boots (+10 agi), not f. set bonuses (I use valkyrie manteau)

With Emperium Aurora I did:

screenForbidden418-1.jpg

13600~14100 damage, 257985 HP

Then I accommodated my stats for the RoP Aurora

With Rune of Power Aurora I did:

screenForbidden425.jpg

13100~13300 damage, 254896 HP

So emperium aurora is better, but by what margin?

While these tests confirm Emperium Aurora is better, it is by a very small margin that it remains superior to the RoP Aurora, and I believethat the stats of the RoP Aurora should be reduced because of how close it comes to equaling Emperium Aurora.

Would it really hurt to nerf them a BIT? I mean it's still a VERY good item even if they make it like 5% more dmg and 4% to hp. And well, it's just that it's really rather easily obtained and it gives bonus almost the same as the Emp Aura.

YAY!!!!!!! The price of emps will be within the non-donors/guild-hoppers reach! Finally.

That's what I got from this ...

plus .. has anyone asked where the rune thing will end up?

if it's going to be a woe drop wouldn't that make this thread obsolete?

but if not .. carry on :P

It's not about being within a certain demographic's price range, it's about the difficulty it takes to obtain certain items, and how there advantages should reflect said difficulty

It's not about being within a certain demographic's price range, it's about the difficulty it takes to obtain certain items, and how there advantages should reflect said difficulty

the same arguement could be made about flapping wings which were

literally given away with a ''you really want that? lol'' by some guild leaders

(if it's overpowered it'll be fixed .. im not arguing that point btw)

but .. idk .. I'm one of those people who is just happy to see new things

Part of the dropping emp prices is because (forgive me but) most players don't read forums. So they don't know of all these discussions we're having here, including the tests Genesis did. The tests were not perfect 100%, but also consider that it's the novelty of the item that will make it so expensive and drop emp prices.