p3wp3w

The Best Ever Guide For Fykka's Prof

Due to the server's aim of balancing all the Jobs, every single character now is remarkably looking into various gamestyles.

And this guide tackles one of the strongest jobs on the server, The Professor/Scholar.

1.) Introduction & Prologue
:th_e31: So Now, Fykka is so jealous that she also wanted me to make the "Best Professor Guide ever" and here it is. :th_e31:
You can provide suggestions where you see fit on this guide.

2.)Pros and Cons of a Professor

Professors is one of the greatest Damage-dealing Characters on server. But not even this is safe from cons.

Pros
a. Does burst damage mainly with MATK (bolts)

b. Great Support tool for WoEs and such

c. Deals good damage even with starting gears.

d. Doesn't require much switching of gears

e. Very flexible vs most of the jobs on PvP.
Cons
a.) Melee attackers are extremely dangerous.
b.) 100% MATK reflect means death.
d.) You will have trouble with multiple opponents mainly because your burst damage only comes from Double Bolt, which is only applicable to bolt skills(single-target)
e.) Doesn't have element advantage against GR users.

Taking these into consideration, I believe that professors are a very rewarding character to play.

3.) Now, about stats... It's simple.

STR: You're gonna be needing this for your seeds. Have this to carry like around 250~300 seeds.

AGI: Increases Flee, ASPD, and such. Have some of this until your ASPD reaches 195, but get Dex first.

VIT: Increases Maximum HP, and Hard DEF. Most Vital Stat of a Support-Type Professor. Get this on the roof

INT: Increases MATK, Maximum SP, and MDEF. Most Vital Stat of Burst-Damage Professor. Get this on the roof.

DEX: Reduces Variable Cast-Time when reached a total of 150, and also increases HIT which is good for Stave Crasher. Have atleast a total of 150.

LUK: I find this extremely useless for this Job, as none of the skills rely on it, Avoid at all costs

Example Stat Builds -

Burst Matk Prof

STR: 99+
AGI: Until 195 ASPD
VIT: Rest of the stats
INT: 300+
DEX: 150
LUK: 1+

Support type Prof
STR: Rest of the Stats
AGI: Until 195 ASPD
VIT: 300
INT: 1+
DEX: 150
LUK: 1+

These are only guidelines and possibilities, you may distribute them however you like, but keep my notes and observations in mind when distributing for maximum damage potential. Also keep in mind the bonuses from your equipment, most stats work in multiples of 10 or 5, depending on what you want from the stat, so build wisely and accordingly!

Skills.

Fiber Lock : ensnares a monster/ player with cobweb for 8 seconds/ and dealing any fire element to the ensnared target will deal 2x damage. Can be broken by2x magnum break.

Bolts : Fire Bolt/Cold Bolt/Lightning Bolt are buffed with Volcano/Deluge/Whirlwind accordingly. Hint, For more Damage output, use Fiber lock>Mind Breaker>Volcano>Double Bolt> Fire Bolt.

Land Protector: Places a defensive area of cells, where no other offensive nor defensive singe/area cell-target skill is allowed. (includes basilica/ clown&gypsy skills, ensemble skills, Battle Chant, Wiz AOE offensive skills, pneuma, safety wall, Magnus Exorcismus, etc. Can be countered by Ganbentein (Wizard Skill). Using volcano/deluge/whirlwind on your own Land protector will overlap it, cancelling the Land protector, and replacing with the next skill.

Mind Breaker: Literally the MATK counterpart of provoke. can also be used to cancel e-calls just like provoke. reduces target's MDEF but increases its MATK.

Soul Burn: Good support tool against SP-reliant users. Burns all target's SP, and damages it by twice the amount of burned SP. Success chance @ 70% most.

Stave Crasher : Physical Long-ranged Attack that's acquired by having atleast L.prof Staff. It's Technically your MATK dealing with the target's DEF. This skill goes very well with inca OR thana card.

Blinding Mist: Great Defensive tool. Applies a fog on a certain area, reducing any outcoming long-ranged physical attacks by 75% and has 75% chance to miss any outcoming non-targeted skills. Cannot be applied on volcano/whirlwind but deluge which lasts double (40 secs)

Heaven's Drive/Thunderstorm:

Detects hidden enimies in a small AOE and does pretty decent damage.

Now that your character is complete, it's time to learn how to use him/her effectively in the next section..

4.) PvP and WoE Strategies

Lord Knight: The only problem with this class is that they got high HP , they can go melee, and mid-range. Becareful when they go Bowling Bash w/ Thanatos, so i suggest using cloak[2] w/ 2skolls. when they go brandish spear/spiral pierce, just use fiber lock on them, then Blinding mist on their spot, and we're good to go. Beat 'em, Avoid 'em, your choice.

Paladin: Due to the discovery that Stave crasher is a Long-ranged Physical attack, defending aura will greatly reduce your stave crasher's damage. And, be careful using bolts, because MATK reflect can trigger with +10armor[2] w/ 2frus + orlean's shield[1] w/ maya, which will do a 95% reflect. so with this, i suggest on preparing lvl1 and lvl10 bolts. spam lvl 1 first, making sure that they dont have reflect gears, then after spamming for quite some time, go lvl 10.if they go GTB, the best would be, using stave crasher on them, but make sure that you got deluge/BOS with you OR remove their shield by stripping them.

Sniper: A very easy fight, volcano on your spot, cobweb the sniper, blinding mist on sniper's spot, go double bolt, MB the sniper, spam firebolts. If he's on GTB, use deluge instead, then BOS, spam Stave til death.

Minstrel/Clown: Somewhat of a problem, thanks to Tarot card of Fate. they can break your armor/HG/weap, dispel you, lose your SP, and even Coma. If' the clown/Gypsy is a reducs type, this is where necromancer card is best at. having 4 of it ignores 8% OF Target's MDEF + MB them (which is -60% of their MDEF) and spam em till they die. Just dont forget to buff your bolts with volcano/deluge/whirlwind. If they go GTB, Stave as usual.

High Wizard: Only moderately challenging depending on the skill of the player. This is more like of a battle of Stave Crashers, because most probably, you and your opponent wiz will go on GTB. Just spam stave as usual, but DONT USE Mindbreaker on enemy wiz.

Professor: I troll these people with 95% MATK reflect + 2deviling cards, and it means instant death for them. but be careful about it because there might be some other people KOSing you. Best idea possible, would be, just go on your default gears, then GTB, then Stave as usual.

Assassin Cross: This is where Maya purple is good at. Heaven's drive any Sinx do make 'em appear on your faiz, fiber lock, MB then kill. Sinx Got GTB? just Stave him til death and constantly fiber lock him to disable any movement.

Stalker: Beware divest. Prepare your FCPer whenever you are trying to beat 'em. . Depending on their copied skill, refer to according class that has the skill. I can't suggest freezing them since players on this server has anti-freeze on mainhand, but take a try atleast.

Creator: A moderate fight. just fiber lock them, put blinding mist on their spot, volcano on your spot and spam the hell out of your bolts. they got GTB? no problem. Stave 'em as usual xD

Priest: Watch out for pneuma! and Dispel them as much as possible.But probably an easy kill, unless they're They're Asura priests. Just prepare some safety wall on you while bolting/stave crashing.

Champion: A pretty hard fight. You can't fiber lock them because they can snap. When they go TSS, just blind mist on their spot. When they go asura, protect yourself with safety wall. Bolt and Stave as usual.

Whitesmith: Pretty easy fight. These whitesmiths rely on buffs. dispel them everytime they buffs themselves. if they go GTB you can't Dispel them. But sure you can Stave Crash them right? xD

Gunslinger: Goes the same with Snipers. Just be careful of thana users.

Useful Add-ons:

Siroma adds damage to cold bolts

Imp adds damage to fire bolts

Necromancer ignores 2% of target's MDEF
Uber Poporing Gives 5%MATK and 25% damage vs. Demi Humans
Thana Does damage depending on enemy's vit Def (Hard Def)

Inca Ignore normal monster's Soft Def (equipment driven Def)

TG Adds damage to all monsters by 20%

Skeleton Worker Adds damage vs Medium monsters by 15%

Box Of storm/Water Converter Adds water element on weapon

Maya Card Reflects all single-target MATKs by 50% chance

Phreeoni Adds 100 HIT

These are only a couple strategies to get your brain working on how you'll be playing your Professor. I hope you've learned a thing or two frim this. I hope to see more successful professors around ^^

5.) Outro
And That's it! :th_e14: :th_e32:
Thanks for reading!

I hope Fykka gives me some Gummy Worms this time :th_ok: :th_e30:

Here's your cute chicken Fykka :3

733d3a982f7c92e22ac338d9a29b0876.jpg

Edited by p3wp3w

When we talk about proff, collin is the best. Sad he inactive/quit now. Not that bad guide,i prefer use lv7-8 bolt rather than lv10. Your spam will be smooth and less chance to died on reflect.

• Like 1

A decent whitesmith is actually a hard fight for a prof. He can just gtb and rush you in, and your stave will never reach the damage of CT. He can also use pneuma as well, so you are forced to use land protect.

thanks mr chicken for the guide :th_blush:

I will try it :th_e8:

and I don't like that chicken, I want your chicken on fro, more look delicous :th_e2: :th_e2:

Just some Add-ons.

Sniper: A very easy fight, volcano on your spot, cobweb the sniper, blinding mist on sniper's spot, go double bolt, MB the sniper, spam firebolts. If he's on GTB, use deluge instead, then BOS, spam Stave til death.

its better to mist on urself a good sniper wont stand in a single spot.and use its traps. its not that easy though. u can only kill a decent sniper by ur skill in bolt/stave combination.

Professor: I troll these people with 95% MATK reflect + 2deviling cards, and it means instant death for them. but be careful about it because there might be some other people KOSing you. Best idea possible, would be, just go on your default gears, then GTB, then Stave as usual.

i would never troll with 2 devs.its fatal even in 1v1 fights against profs if u do that and a decent one is ur opponent ull be dead in an instant by stave. especially when facing a hybrid prof like me and others who are not burst bolters. i fix my matk in 28k or so. so i wouldnt die easy on reflect.

Whitesmith: Pretty easy fight. These whitesmiths rely on buffs. dispel them everytime they buffs themselves. if they go GTB you can't Dispel them. But sure you can Stave Crash them right? xD

as ray said. its not an easy fight. though a white smith can never kill u alone nor u can kill it alone if ur hands and mind isnt that fast to respond. same with a champ. though its easier to fight a champ than a smith. so its a vice versa for these for me.

Also ur support build is actually a troll build for me no offense cause in my opinion a full support prof should be the usual build but more inclined to the defense role. since profs are already tanky and defensive. u should know how to support in team fights. and use ur skills accordingly. and ur bolts are fatal. ur still a mage u can force gtb any player and if they do so then ur team will surely kill them.

You can still kill a paladin but a paladin is almost no chance. unless u can strip them.

Keep up the good job !

Edited by sartorius19