Rayray

Let Us Bring Back Guild Forums.

Back in 2007-2008, I remember a sub-forum where we have separate threads where guilds can communicate with their members. The way it works is that I remember a guild master applying through the ticket system for a guild forum, then if it gets an approval, they will get a guild forum here that has a password so that only members can go in.

I think it would be fun to have this, at least it would make the guild recruitment threads shorter as the other guild members would not talk with each other in that thread. It would also be a good mean for the members to talk to each other without going in game.

Of course we have tons of guilds nowadays and we probably can't give them all their own threads, so the way it could be done is that we set a criteria on who can apply for a guild forum.

• Like 1

I mean, this would be beneficial to more mediocre guilds. I'm sure almost all serious guilds use either TS/Raidcall/Skype or some type of communication besides talking ingame. Nonetheless I feel this would still be nice just as a unique thing to have for your guild and might actually serve some other purposes, like hosting a full blown guild event and would be a lot more organized this way. +1

+1, I would love t have that, as many players would like to talk with their co members but can't log in-game. Also this would serve another attraction for players to visit forums.

Not that of an old player, and never experienced "Guild Forums" but by the looks of it and what people said above ^ makes me want it, so +1.

I mean, this would be beneficial to more mediocre guilds. I'm sure almost all serious guilds use either TS/Raidcall/Skype or some type of communication besides talking ingame. Nonetheless I feel this would still be nice just as a unique thing to have for your guild and might actually serve some other purposes, like hosting a full blown guild event and would be a lot more organized this way. +1

Most of the time, we used to use it for announcements and guild events which is kinda nice since it is indeed easier to make it organized compared to tons of people spamming chat or talking during skype/raidcalls. When they removed it back in 2008, we had to setup our own forums just for the things we used to do in the forums.

Of course the guild forums would serve less purpose during real time events but at least it would be easier to organize stuff before the said events. My suggestion was not meant to replace the normal ways to communicate while playing.

Yes please, group pages on Facebook sucks haha +1

Hopefully it's just restricted to the members, and there should be requirements for guilds to qualify e.g. How many active members daily, purpose of guild, etc etc.

Maybe a change password feature,thread admins? :) or just make an fb page haha

Guilds which have a castle and/or participate in GvG/WoE actively should qualify for this goal.

I mean, they clearly show activity to be rewarded for their actions.

However making an invision Free forum is almost as easy of an alternative.

Guilds which have a castle and/or participate in GvG/WoE actively should qualify for this goal.

I mean, they clearly show activity to be rewarded for their actions.

However making an invision Free forum is almost as easy of an alternative.

I do know that making a free forum is easy enough as we had done it when the guild forums are gone. But there will also come a time where some people will take advantage of that and try to scam people(we had it happen before) into thinking that my guild made another forum(aside from ours) and some people posed as me. I know that is just so low and some people would not have the time to do it, but it did happen one time to us. But I would rather have a private thread on the official FRO forums, that way people can be sure who really posts.

I think it's a great idea! If guilds go inactive we should delete the forums, to keep it clear and organized. We could arrange an interval when we'll manually delete inactive/unused guild forums. Usually people won't tell us on their own when their guild goes inactive/breaks so that we could remove it. =/