Ddosed

Mvp Random Spawn Time

Let's face it, most players find an mvp, kill it, and record the time they killed it, then simply camp the spawn when the revival of the monster occurs after {x] amount time period. It's extremely frustrating going mvping for me, and I would believe many other players, when people just camp the most famous MVPS(kiel, tao, gloom, etc.) I'm suggesting a new setup, a setup that includes random spawn times for EVERY SINGLE MVP. When the mvp is killed, it will spawn again at a random time. This way, EVERYBODY has a chance at finding MVPS. Yes, people could still just stay there after they kill it, and wait for it to spawn, but they won't know when it will spawn, thus could be wasting their time moasing around the area, and eventually give up. This new system could be a completely fair system for every single player on the server. I highly suggest this, and ask that you please atleast take a glance into my idea.

• Like 1

+1 because its seems fair, but you need to dedicate your time more for doing MVPs and must be ready for consequences

So how do you propose this Random Spawn time work? I didn't see you specify that. Right now lets say Tao Gunka for example spawns around 120mins after someone kills it. That means Tao can be killed 12 times a day. I don't see how random spawn time for an MVP would work. If they made it so 12 taos still spawned a day but at random times, that would mean there could be 2 or more taos on the map at once or 2 taos spawning at the same time on rare occasions. This would also be very good for people that camp mvps since they could just sit on the map all day, though it does give everyone a fair shot. Just need to be awake.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

//pseudocode

isPlus = generate a random boolean (true or false)

randomTimeBuffer = generate a random int value between 0 and x minutes

if isPlus == true

MVPspawntime + x minutes

else if isPlus == false

MVPspawntime - x minutes

We can discuss what the range of time should be on this suggestion thread (the x value). I think a x = 15 minutes might be sufficient enough. This gives an MVP spawn time uncertainty window of 30 minutes total (+15 minutes range or -15 minutes range = net 30 minutes range).

Edited by Forum~

No,"ThePerfectHit", you've understood me wrong. Okay, let's take your example into consideration. If tao gunka spawned, it would NOT spawn again, until it was killed, and when It was killed, the spawn time generated would be random, it could spawn in 1 minute, 5 minutes, or 10 hours. This complete random system could give all players a chance at MVPing.

I disagree with a completely random interval. The chances of an MVP spawning only after 6 hours+ seems kinda irritating.

What I would agree with is a bigger range around the current spawn time as suggested by Forum~ .

No,"ThePerfectHit", you've understood me wrong. Okay, let's take your example into consideration. If tao gunka spawned, it would NOT spawn again, until it was killed, and when It was killed, the spawn time generated would be random, it could spawn in 1 minute, 5 minutes, or 10 hours. This complete random system could give all players a chance at MVPing.

What? If it could spawn in 10 hours that could mean there would only be 1 or 2 taos spawned a day. If that's the case -1, that's retarded. By doing this you're removing so many tao gunka cards from the market just because you don't like the dedicated people camping it.

//pseudocode

if isPlus == true

MVPspawntime + x minutes

else if isPlus == false

MVPspawntime - x minutes

We can discuss what the range of time should be on this suggestion thread (the x value). I think a x = 15 minutes might be sufficient enough. This gives an MVP spawn time uncertainty window of 30 minutes total (+15 minutes range or -15 minutes range = net 30 minutes range).

This makes a lot more sense then what the guy is currently suggesting.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

I'll give this suggestion (random time spawn interval) a -1.

I have experienced MvP hunting for a month already, hunting mobs such as VR/GTB/TGK. You have to dedicate your soul in MvP-ing.

Find a MvP guild, join them in hunting, or if you're lazy to hunt MvPs and just want their cards, farm money and buy them.

If you want to go solo hunt, get some gear and practice your movement.

//pseudocode

if isPlus == true
MVPspawntime + x minutes

else if isPlus == false
MVPspawntime - x minutes

I like this idea, grand.
Sidenote, it's the first time I saw these kinds of stuff for RO. never fiddled around with it

I like this idea, grand.

Sidenote, it's the first time I saw these kinds of stuff for RO. never fiddled around with it

It's not actual code RO uses, just pseudocode. Though, I have coded things for RO servers before.

With the new ways of obtaining MvP cards in the latest update, and increasing the drop rate of cards in the MVP rooms, I don't think this is necessary any longer. If after awhile, you still feel it would be beneficial, please create another suggestion topic. Thanks! :)