do_ob

So like... oh right IRC?

Yeah theres no one but Genesis and me in it. :( Come one people you can idle in it C:

If you arent sure what IRC is, its what that "Chat" button connects you to using a flash interface.

Now leaving your internet browser open all day and night just to idle in there isn't very fun I know but there are other ways! I SWEAR!

mIRC is a very good IRC client that when minimized will hide in the system tray. I KNOW RIGHT!?!?! This way you have instant access to your friends and support, its widely customizable, and has many features to keep you busy(If you like scripting) 8D.

Get mIRC here

Some other IRC clients you should think about getting/trying:

ChatZilla is a firefox plug-in and its very minimal so it wont take up space, and its more customizable than the flash IRC client the website uses.

Get ChatZilla here

Another good way to access IRC is to use trillian, although trillian is a bit spooky to set up on your own at first. Once you've got it set up, you are all good. Trillian is an all-in-one instant messenger and is very popular.

You can get it here

If you have any questions about IRC and how it works, or how to set up these clients, just click the CHAT button at the top of the website. It will connect you directly to IRC and the channel. And I will be in there at all times to assist you.

I bet you never used ventrilo then... I used to host a ventrilo server and you can setup accounts with passwords in ventrilo and you can check if someone is stealing an Username just by looking at its IP at the server batch.

and again Ventrilo > IRC

You can chat with voice or write if you dont have a microfone

I bet you never used ventrilo then... I used to host a ventrilo server and you can setup accounts with passwords in ventrilo and you can check if someone is stealing an Username just by looking at its IP at the server batch.

and again Ventrilo > IRC

You can chat with voice or write if you dont have a microfone

You have to go into the chat room for the channel.

Saying i havent used Vent is like saying you havent used IRC because i said you can read up. See what the current topic is. Etc.

I remember the good old days of IRC. Most private servers back then ran on the old-school version of IRC. Every server has one and people flood it to chat with the famous people and admins. The room moderators usually hold irc-based events like trivias and etc.

Ah, good times.

If we were to have irc-based events, then people just might be more IRC active. Vent somehow appeals more to everyone because they like hearing each other laugh in real time, or just talk about random nonsense that they could laugh about later.