MAMAmo

Thana System Being Exploited

GM isnt it better if thana system is changed to the old system? but only the one who quested can enter so others cant KS. cause the present system gives more money only to the very few who hoard the thana card. it would be better if you guys can change the system so everybody has a fair chance. by reverting to the old system it gives players a fair chance if they are hardworking enough to quest it . and the drop rate would still be the same 1% so it would be still rare but atleast normal players can still dream to have the card someday by doing the quest over and over again not like the present system which i believe to be very 1 sided. just a suggestion

+1 if for quest, and NO WARP on doing the quest, so that we can do the quest for 3 hours, kill thanatos and wait again for 2 hours. total of 5 hours waiting :)

that way thana card price will increase drastically. :)

btw, the system right now isn't one-sided. The ping of the player who enters is a huge factor.

How was the old one better? :P

Old was was full of kill stealing, this one is so much better.. just coz you cant get it doesnt mean it's being exploited. and just coz the same person gets in always means the same thing. If it was me who was hunting thana, of course i would time it, if you have the timer then easy to get in.

previous method was the thanatos tower was so open, ANYONE could hit it even if you didnt put the fragments in. Or you can get someone to help you put the fragments. Or if some less geared person was their, who put in all the fragments, he/she would be camped by the geared ones and get outdamaged, therefore the effort was useless.

so please enlighten me on how the old method was better? And explain how you could do better than the thanatos room now?

If it was me, i would make it that players have/Accounts limited numbers of attempts in 24 hrs. not IP, why not ip? because of internet cafes, or household with 2 or more players. If it was accounts, then Hundreds of accounts would be made just to get in. So when you suggest a change to the thana room, dont just think about you not being able to get inside.

+1 if for quest, and NO WARP on doing the quest, so that we can do the quest for 3 hours, kill thanatos and wait again for 2 hours. total of 5 hours waiting :)

that way thana card price will increase drastically. :)

btw, the system right now isn't one-sided. The ping of the player who enters is a huge factor.

thana card is kinda high now compared to weeks/months ago. it was 5k now suddenly 7k+ dont know why it should be raised more when it comes to it's price, since thana room has been implemented i believe there are more cards that should be circulating.

thana card is kinda high now compared to weeks/months ago. it was 5k now suddenly 7k+ dont know why it should be raised more when it comes to it's price, since thana room has been implemented i believe there are more cards that should be circulating.

I think because suddenly some people was rushing to buy thana and some greedy seller sell it as OP as he can like 6k. And the person I mention agree with the price.

Of course knowing this all other seller won't except the price and keep selling it with those price as standard. Since I'm pretty sure more then 80% seller in this server always sell higher then the previous person can sell. I call this greed.

so please enlighten me on how the old method was better? And explain how you could do better than the thanatos room now?

Since this server have @warp, You can directly warp to the top of the tower, but, original that warp is disable unless You do thana boss quest, is a long quest that need a party (I think) in order to pass by every floor of the tower, moving mechanism, tower, placing fragments, etc...

That would be the same, since people will just time it again and hoard it.

Edited by Desamor

Unless you have over like 300 ping, it's not really gonna be a determining factor of getting in or not...

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The Thana room is a competition, and there are ways of having an advantage over other players, namely by knowing how the timing system works. If you're on the ball, you can time it to the exact second the next opening will be, and you can be ready. If you just have a vague idea of when the next opening will be, your reaction time isn't going to be as good. It's up to you to figure out exactly how it works. I've sat at that NPC countless times, and I've killed him well over 100 times and I know exactly how the system works, so if I have a mind that I'm gonna kill Thana next, odds of getting in are pretty well in my favor...

And in my opinion, that's how it should be. Like I said, it's a competition, based essentially on how well you can pay attention.

• Like 1

@plok123 the old system is better if the GM find a way to not let other players enter it except for the one questing , i mean , if a player is there only for KS , then he isnt allowed to enter , something like that . and YES no warp thing so that floor by floor in questing , and that would give everybody a fair chance @thanatos card. if and only if people or party with the thana quest only can enter . like an instance for example in other games. where people with party with the quest or person with the quest only can enter the said room, whoever put the fragment in place only. NOT LIKE THIS PRESENT SYSTEM where some hoarders control the thana cards and exploit the PRICE aswell . i believe the one who keeps on getting in is not selling his cards but hoarding it so that lesser supply = greater demand = higher price? few people can monopolize the card. if you still cant understand what im trying to say then hands up for you plok123. i hope a GM can read this so he/she have an idea on whats happening . if they want the present system then why not put the thana card in the donation aswell? like High Wiz card. that way you gain more income and also every player can aspire to have one, cause in doing so the price may DROP if the supply is GREATER than the DEMAND.

PLS GIVE EVERYBODY A FIGHTING CHANCE.

Edited by MAMAmo

@plok123 the old system is better if the GM find a way to not let other players enter it except for the one questing , i mean , if a player is there only for KS , then he isnt allowed to enter , something like that . and YES no warp thing so that floor by floor in questing , and that would give everybody a fair chance @thanatos card. if and only if people or party with the thana quest only can enter . like an instance for example in other games. where people with party with the quest or person with the quest only can enter the said room, whoever put the fragment in place only. NOT LIKE THIS PRESENT SYSTEM where some hoarders control the thana cards and exploit the PRICE aswell . i believe the one who keeps on getting in is not selling his cards but hoarding it so that lesser supply = greater demand = higher price? few people can monopolize the card. if you still cant understand what im trying to say then hands up for you plok123. i hope a GM can read this so he/she have an idea on whats happening . if they want the present system then why not put the thana card in the donation aswell? like High Wiz card. that way you gain more income and also every player can aspire to have one, cause in doing so the price may DROP if the supply is GREATER than the DEMAND.

PLS GIVE EVERYBODY A FIGHTING CHANCE.

How would making it so it's like an instance prevent people from hoarding it? It's mostly about knowing the time when it resets, and that would be the same thing with the instance, would it not? I agree everyone should have a fair chance at getting the card, but I'm not sure if what you're suggesting would solve anything.

Unless you have over like 300 ping, it's not really gonna be a determining factor of getting in or not...

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The Thana room is a competition, and there are ways of having an advantage over other players, namely by knowing how the timing system works. If you're on the ball, you can time it to the exact second the next opening will be, and you can be ready. If you just have a vague idea of when the next opening will be, your reaction time isn't going to be as good. It's up to you to figure out exactly how it works. I've sat at that NPC countless times, and I've killed him well over 100 times and I know exactly how the system works, so if I have a mind that I'm gonna kill Thana next, odds of getting in are pretty well in my favor...

And in my opinion, that's how it should be. Like I said, it's a competition, based essentially on how well you can pay attention.

I think that the best would be to put a random time for re-enter to the room...

Is that so hard?