kuoch

Kuoch's Sniper Pvp Guide.

Ok, this is my Sniper PvP guide from 2010. It's still viable. I filled out a few kinks and edited a few things. I'm pretty sure you guys can still find this very helpful for those who need tips and tricks on how to run a decent Sniper out there.

Requirements:

A well funded player.

Stats:

Alright, so I've been playing sniper for a while now and I've done a few builds that works out fine when pvping and here are a few builds that you can try or mess around with. Feel free to change them up a bit to the way you want it.

Str: 80-130

(Due to ygg holding, you would have about 150-180 ygg berries WHILE holding a forsaken sniper bow. But you can either hold Ygg berries or Ygg seeds. I hold ygg seeds not berries. Therefore giving me a lot more to use and a lot less chance for me getting out ygg'd. Also, if I can hold to 150-180 berries, I can hold double the amount when using Ygg seeds. So I'll highly recommend you use ygg seeds over berries. But if you can't get yourself ygg seeds, feel free to use berries.)

Agi: xxx

(You really don't need agi since when having a full Forsaken Set on, you would have max aspd either ways. But if you don't have max aspd, add a few agi until you have 195 aspd.

Int: xxx

(You really don't need to add stats to int, because it's pretty much pointless. But if you want sp, feel free to do so. But I highly suggest you don't add any points into your int.

Vit: 100-150

(This is basically your choice on how much hp you want, so I'll just round up things for you. With the given stats I gave you, you should have about 200-220k hp while having a tao gunka on. But using 2 tao gunkas you should have just a good well amount of 300k+ hp. So whatever you feel best having, add some points to vit.

Dex: 260-290

(Now this of course is how much you're going to deal damage to a player. With the current stats I gave you, you should have about 2500-3200 Atk WHILE having sniper buffs on. With 3200 atk, you can do 18-20k DS damage to another player, if they are not using a shield, but if you do come around another player that is using a shield, you would be doing 7-8k DS damage. So my option for you is to at least get a default. of 3000-3200 atk, which is a fair amount of damage when using DS.

Luk: xxx

(Luck is not needed what so ever when PvPing, unless you're going for a lame crit build when doing it, have fun. But I highly suggest you don't.

Now that stats build are out of the way, now we can talk about gears. These are the gears I usually carry around when dueling/PvPing. But if you don't have enough armor or coupons, I'll just suggest which is best used.

Forsaken Valk Helm:

In this helm, I would say the cards you can use are these following few.

-Kiel: (Kiel isn't really needed when spamming DS, but I know most players default kiels in helm due to a lot of other classes need kiels to spam skills. But Kiel isn't needed. So for myself, I do use kiels when playing sniper, due to my laziness of decarding for other cards, but there isn't really any other choice in what card to put in helm.)

-Maya Purple: (This is something I would recommend that you default when PvPing, since a lot of players do cloak and most players are playing sinx. So defaulting is best in my opinion.

-Forsaken Soldier (This is also a must when PvPing. Due to Puppetring, you often get stone cursed a lot. So having a Forsaken Soldier card defaulted is something I recommend defaulting)

Emperium Aura:

See above.

Ruck Sack:

See above.

Forsaken Armor:

For armors, I carry a few when PvPing, so I'll tell you what is needed and what you can have on the side.

-Ghostring+Tao Gunka: (This is of course for you to survive an Asura. NOTE: You can only survive an asura when having a shield equipped. So don't expect tanking an asura without one. So for this, I know that most players have this defaulted and most players has this for an armor, so I would say you should have this this armor in inventory when dueling/PvPing. )

-Tao Gunka+Tao Gunka: (I myself usually have this armor defaulted at all time. Due to the new effect for sniper, which is great to have. With 2 Tao Gunkas stacking, having 300k+ is great. So I would say this is also a must when dueling and PvPing.)

-Evil Druid+Tao Gunka: (This armor is of course use for fighting sinxes. IF they are using poison element. When having this armor on sinxes would be doing to about 0-400 dmg per hit. Which is a great armor, not unless you're fighting a well rounded sinxes that buy his own converters. But I would say have this as an extra armor on the side when dueling. This armor isn't a must, but it helps from time to time.

-Angeling+Tao Gunka: (This is also a great armor to default when fighting classes that requires to use elemental conveters. With this armor on, you reduce damage taken from attacks by 2-5k Which is a big difference. This isn't a must have armor, but it's nice to have the armor.

-Puppetring+Tao Gunka: (This armor isn't really helpful due to tons of people having forsaken soldier now. But it catches people off guard when they default kiels and maya with no soldier. I also mainly use this armor against Clowns, since most clowns require 3 kiels to spam Arrow Vulcan so it stone curses them time to time. So this isn't a must, but helps to have the armor on the side.)

-Ghostring+RSX: (This armor helps a lot when fighting Pallys and Creators, since they can't break your armor, so with this armor on it should help.BUT since you don't have a Tao Gunka on, you won't have as much hp, so watch your health bar.)

Forsaken Sniper Bow:

Now of course, this will be short. These are the bows I have carrying with me at all time. Most aren't needed, but it's fun just using them.

-Incantation Samarai+Turtle General+Turtle General+Skeleton Worker: (This is of course the damage dealing bow. have this defaulted when PvPing. Pretty straight forward.

-Thanatos+Turtle General+Turtle General+Skeleton Worker: (This is only you have a Thanatos laying around on the side, if you don't have one, skip down to the next bow. This bow is obviously self explainatory. Catching a player with rays on while using a thana, helps a lot! Also fun to seeing your damage hop up to 50-100k.)

-Stormy Knight+Stormy Knight+Thanatos Maeros+Valk Randgris: (Eh, basically a fun bow just to play with. Nothing special, just sits in my inventory half the time.

-Metaling+Dragoon Warlord+Whitesmith+Stormy Knight: (Strip bow, but strip doesn't work so often when using it on bow, or maybe it doesn't work at all, but idk. I just have the bow so, either range strip needs to be fix, or maybe they changed it.)

Forsaken Shield:

Shields helps a lot. So carry them around with you!

-Usakoring: Of course, best card to reduct damage, have it, use it.

-Golden Thief Bug: This is of course self explainatory, no need for me to explain when you should use this.

Forsaken Cloaks:

Now cloaks are pretty much just important as armors when playing sniper. Here are a few cloaks I use when playing a sniper.

-Skoll+Skoll or Skoll+Sinx: (I have both cloaks so, it helps a lot since im tanking thana while cloaking, so it helps if they try auto attack you and you're spamming cloak skill.)

-Raydric+Raydric or Raydric+Sinx: (I only carry a double Raydric cloak with me, but if you like, you can play with a Raydric/Sinx cloak if you to cloak often, but other than that, not really needded with the Raydric/Sinx. Having 2 Raydric is of course for the asura tanking.)

-Sinx+Pouring: (This cloak I have defaulted at all time when playing sniper, the DS boost with pouring helps but not so much. But every little bit foesn't hurt.)

-Deviling+Deviling (For Tanking asura while using a bow. NOTE: This doesn't work all the time if they have a thana asura so, don't expect defaulting this to work all the time with fighting a champ.

Forsaken Shoes:

Eh, shoes isn't a big deal, but here is what you can use or carry with you.

-Fallen Bishop+Fallen Bishop (For best damage when using DS have these on, of course.)

-Dragoon Wizard+Amon Ra ( It's nice to have kyrie spammed on you every now and then when being attack, but not really needed when PvPing.

Belts:

Of course, this is also straight forward.

-Forsaken Dex Belt

-Forsaken Dex Belt

Now I'll explain another few things you should have/use when playing sniper.

-Now if you're having trouble on deciding on what arrow to use, here are the few selections of arrows I use.

*Immatrial Arrow: Only works best when you're attacking someone that has a Ghostring on. While they have a Ghostring on, this is where you see your damage works best. But if you're using this arrow and you seeing 2-4k DS damage, I suggest you change arrrow, since they obviously don't Ghostring on. Common sense right?

*Shadow Arrow: One of the best arrow to default at most. When using this arrow, you do a good amount of damage of DSing people. Also if you catch a player with these arrow while they have Holy armor on, you will get a huge damage boost on them.

*Holy Arrow: This also apply for shadow arrow, except it boosts damage on players who wear Undead armor.

*Wind: I carry this on the side just so I can basically have a wind element arrow, if my other 3 arrows fails me.

Tactics:

Just a few basic tactics you can do when PvPing, and a few tips that can be helpful.

-USE TRAPS! You have traps for a reason, use them. Ankle snare/Skid trap/Sandman. Use them! Traps can help a lot! So don't forget about them.

-ARROW REPEL! They come close, you repel, easy as that. If they have RSX on, cloak run away set a snare, and spam DS! Easy right?

-Uncloaking a sinx, or whoever that is using a sinx card: This is easy to do, but can take a bit to get use to. You of course arrow shower them out of cloak. But right after you arrow shower, use true sight right after. Using true sight after the arrow shower will. cancel the sprite delay right away, letting you spamm Ds right after.

-You have a shield, USE IT! I know you won't be able to spam DS but holding a shield helps a lot so don't be afraid to use it when needed.

-If the player you are fight apparently use Pnuema, push him out of it using a Skid Trap. How? Easy, simply place a Skid trap down, arrow shower the trap towards the player and then that player will be pushed out of the Pnuema. If that player has an RSX on, you can either wait until the Pnuma disappears or rush that person with a strip/dispell dagger with a shield. I myself rush with a dagger. FCP do exist, so you can't always hope you will get a strip, but its worth a shot.

These are my hotkeys when I am playing BM, maybe just an example on what you guys might needs or ideas you can use.

2nd Bar- QWERTYUIOP

Wind Walk/Attention Concentrate/True Sight/Ygg Seed/Double Strafe/Arrow Shower/Arrow Repel/Sandman/Freeze Trap

3rd Bar - ZXCVBNM

Shadow Arrow/Immaterial Arrow/Holy Arrow/Wind Arrow/Ankle Snare/Skid Trap/Focus Arrow Strike/Detect

1st Bar - ASDFGHJKL

Combat Knife/Forsaken Shield/Strip Dagger/Grimtooth/Forsaken Bows/Kobold Hat/Valk Helm/Cloak

As for now, this is my guide to a PvP sniper. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I did this whole guide on my phone. I only covered the basic things of sniper. If there is any error in my guide, or any helpful suggestion, do tell me and I'll analyze it. Thanks for reviewing my guide, feel free to ask me questions if you have any. Thanks for giving your time to look at my guide, it isn't perfect, but it's something to help those who really needs help with anything sniper related.

Edit: Hello! Someone reminded me that I had this guide so, I'll update it time to time, and share my knowledge that I have on this class!

Sniper Soaring Bord:

This bow is HIGHLY recommended. Great all around bow. 1H and pretty much has the effect of everything you want! Also brings in a ton of damage, so who wouldn't love that! Sadly enough, the strip doesn't work well with it. So I still suggest you use a knife when it comes to stripping your opponent.

Frigg Shield:

Of course another recommendation I would say. It has a reflect ability, which is great for a sniper to have, hence the fact that you can reflect strip! So have this shield on, a guy tries to attack you, you'll strip him in less than 2-3 second! Great way to have a quick start in a fight.

Ship Captain Hat:

This hat is great and brings a great amount of damage into battle. This does about 3-5k more damage than the kobold hat if I remember. If you're planning to vote for a hat, this hat is worth voting for and pretty much works on all the other classes.

Also, there are a few new items that I don't own and never tested. (Rings/Auras/Weapons/etc) But, I'm sure they're going to save you stat points if anything. So, you can figure out the rest if you own those items. But if you have any questions just post here and find me in game and I'll try to help with anything necessary involving my guide. Later, happy pvping.

Edited by kuoch
  • Like 4

Nice guide. What's your twitch channel? :3

kuoch, question man. how to redux FAS damage? that skill is frikin op.

while im on full redux with frigg, that skill skill manage to deal aroun 20-40k each fas