Crack Baby

No Chatrooms There

I propose that people not be allowed to create chat rooms in the walkway of fcity, and not within a certain area around npc's.

They should set up at the top of the stairs, like the old vendor players used to set up.

The problem with this is, that it will have to be enforced by the GMs.

If this will apply to afk players, they wouldn't know what happened because of the text flood that would make a whisper become useless and their chat is closed itself, losing it's function.

However, this idea was suggested before and we have tried to enforce this in past, only to counter no-life kids who argue endlessly about everything & anything, logging on 12345 of their accounts.

I'm still supporting the idea, but instead, I'd remove chats from the town completely.

The problem with this is, that it will have to be enforced by the GMs.

If this will apply to afk players, they wouldn't know what happened because of the text flood that would make a whisper become useless and their chat is closed itself, losing it's function.

However, this idea was suggested before and we have tried to enforce this in past, only to counter no-life kids who argue endlessly about everything & anything, logging on 12345 of their accounts.

I'm still supporting the idea, but instead, I'd remove chats from the town completely.

I get that as well. But I see GM's in FCity a bit, sitting in the lower left of the screen.

Also, on other servers I've played, they did something to the code that made it impossible to set up those chatrooms in those specific places.

I don't know if that can be done here.

I know people like to go afk etc. And sell their stuff, etc. But I don't see the problem of doing it in a location that won't inconvenience new players.

I mean lets be real, fRO isn't known for it's helpful community of oldbies.

I can see how it would be frustrating and overwhelming for a new user to join the server just to warp to FCity and see tons of chat windows blocking their view of one of the most crucial parts of the main city.