Veracity

Improving Woe?

Hi ya'll,

We are looking for ways to improve everyone's WoE experience and would love to hear feedback from the community concerning this. Here's some ideas to consider: What do you believe are the current biggest issues with WoE, and how do you think they could be fixed? What would encourage you/others to participate more in WoE?

Please be reasonable in your suggestions. Also, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WOE 2.0 IN THIS THREAD. This is just for the current WoE we have.

Take out Rops and replace for tks to those who bought them cause ROP IN WOE ALWAYS ERROR, EVEN IF A CHAMP IS NOT USING IT1

Take out Rops and replace for tks to those who bought them cause ROP IN WOE ALWAYS ERROR, EVEN IF A CHAMP IS NOT USING IT1

Can you be specific? I don't understand how Rune of Power is erroring during woe even if a champion class doesn't have it equip? I use Rune of Power and I need a good reason because I use it for my Assassin Cross.

This happened to me, while i was running to emp room i saw a char with ROP and then opened my gears and then i got gravity error...

this happened to me like 2 or 3 more times while i was running with this guy at my right side i think his name was Hercules. like looong ago, im just suggesting this but i don't have any proof, if i had then i'd post it >.<

Well since I just made a suggestion of a woe branch off Im going to push this idea :P just because I want to see what you think about it veracity.

http://forum.forsaken-ro.net//index.php?showtopic=19033&view=findpost&p=219058

But since this topic is about the current standing woe ill go back onto topic :(

#1, Most people who came on to the server just to woe have stopped coming on just for woe, reason being? WoE has lost a lot of purpose in it now since the items from it are all the same and nothing has changed in quite a while. So why not change up the style in which we woe. Before we had the 195 aspd Guardians that would do pretty decent damage. I say bring them back, even though I hated them when I was a breaker there it's a change. Also the idea of new castles and reducing castles has been put in before for new drops etc ( trying to plug my idea right here /no1 ) Thats a strong point to keep people playing since most people here have been waiting for years and years for the unreleased emps to become released and only black is so far but you basically have to wait a year to get it and dedicate your ass off.

#2 People also woe just for cocky points ( im currently at 198412 cocky points ) so people will see there guild on flag. We have the guild hideout which idk what the fuck happened to it but it just ate shit and died. Why not branch off it? Everyone of our castles could have an area like the guild hideout where people from that guild can just chill and relax, and maybe put a buffer in there that only does blessing agility impositomanus and kyrie edison. Not that great of bonus and would need quite a bit of work for each of the castles to have these but it would keep some people motivated just for having the buffs I guess. Could also make the Euro Woe castle have a stronger buffer since its a less active castle.

#3 I like tacos, I don't care what anyone says I love home made tacos and Bakers Hot Sauce!

Nines has spoken....though not very persuasively this time.

1-Nines have a good point if you put on new items on a castle drop, people get like "Holy deamed I want IT! GET OUT OF MY ROAD!" stuff like that and woe get more exited.

2- I think that would be a good idea to shuffle castle sometimes playing the same one get bored you know.

1. Remove the damage nerf during woe.

2. Add more WoE prizes (drops).

-WoE tokens to be traded to a npc for other items?

-More Emp/Imp/Ruck colors.

I can almost assure you if new Emp/Imp/Rucks are added to WoE drops people will WoE more.

The bad thing about removing the WoE mechanic of damage reduction is newbies will virtually have 0 chance in surviving anywhere. For some, WoE is the only PvP event they enjoy and I don't feel too nice about taking that away from them. :/

I like Nines' suggestion about the mini-hideout sort of thing, with it having the basic possible buffs buffer. It would help the guilds who try to defend during WoE as well, especially if they get killed and have to come back. And of coure, the time in between WoE days. And yes, I do agree with reinstating the strong Guardians too.

P.S. I hope my post looks normal, doing it on mobile. Lol.

Edited by Manifest

1. If it's possible, please put the sanctuary heal back to it's previous healing capabilities towards the emp. Ever since the sanctuary heal got nerfed, no one has been able to hold a castle for one whole hour. So basically, WoE is just exciting towards the last 5 mins of woe, which basically is just what counts. As previously mentioned, woe now is just a popularity contest, who gets to broadcast his name the most in general.

2. As a player, honestly, I only enjoy woe, it's the only thing that entertains me in the server. No offense, the events are great, but they get old sometimes. So if the sanctuary can't be reinstated, I suggest that the number of days of woe be increased. Basically, implement an Asian WoE. And since economy doesn't really go up that high, treasure boxes always ranges from 4~6 only. So why not make the American castles also be the castles available for Asian woe. There are a lot of Asians in the server, and it would be very much appreciated if they didn't have to wake up at 8 or 9 in the morning on a Sunday just to enjoy woe.

3. Add more recolors of items into woe treasure. Emp prices have gone drastically. And almost everyone already has an emp. So the remaining motivation for people to do woe is to get an IMP which is probably more rare than a thana. (There are more thanas circulating than IMPs IMHO) We all know that people all have an eye for fashion, or have their favorite colors. So maybe if there are new colored items, this would encourage people to log on for woe more.

About Sanctuary, there's an option that the heals are stackable, but the emperium also has increased health, so not sure if that would even it out too well. (more health means more damage that has to be done etc).

And in WoE people should stop forming 10 small guilds and make 1 big one to counter the other big guild(s).

You can still have smaller groups coordinating attack & defence, so that shouldn't be used as an argument.

Lol itd be nice to have big guilds vs big guild but thats not going to happen its small guilds cause most of the people hate eachother or don't speak the same fkin language.

About Sanctuary, there's an option that the heals are stackable, but the emperium also has increased health, so not sure if that would even it out too well. (more health means more damage that has to be done etc).

And in WoE people should stop forming 10 small guilds and make 1 big one to counter the other big guild(s).

You can still have smaller groups coordinating attack & defence, so that shouldn't be used as an argument.

I say edit Bacsojin cards to increase sanctuary a few hundred percent. Sanc tops out at like...2.5k-3? Maybe 4-5k with the priest highness (which no one has btw because 50% heal/sanc simply isn't worth it) when the emp has like 250m hp? Good luck healing that with sanctuary... Using the skill is probably more of a hindrance now than help... creates more lag in the emp room.

And why on earth would people make big guilds to attack other big guilds? A 10 man team can do just fine as it is right now and even better they split their loot 10 ways instead of 25-35 ways.

1. Remove the damage nerf during woe.

2. Add more WoE prizes (drops).

-WoE tokens to be traded to a npc for other items?

-More Emp/Imp/Ruck colors.

I can almost assure you if new Emp/Imp/Rucks are added to WoE drops people will WoE more.

I like that one idea he said there woe tokens - maybe it could be a drop that is random from all castles and links to a specific item. (example - red woe token links to red emp/imp gold woe token links to gold emp/imp etc etc) I think that is not a bad idea considering there are tons of emps and imps out there and colours do not change anything but WOULD increase the want to woe for new looks!

I like the guardian idea too these current guardians suck!

And last but not least maybe Creator bottle tickets ( a ticket that gives 100 off the bottles for acid demonstration or fcp coats ) just a random thought!

With regards to the manner of guild-forming, why not make US-Euro woe 2-2 castles? Let Alde be a Euro castle. In my experience there are basically 3 big guilds during woe which occupies 3 castles during American woe. Which means even if the rest of the people joined to form one guild, the two other big guilds would still have castles for their own. So if there were only 2 castles, 2 of the big guilds would fight for one castle, while the last big guild would have to defend it against the rest of the population. I think this would encourage people to woe more because defense would surely be there. (Not just speed potting to emp room, slapping on full damage, then going zerk) Also this 2-2 castle scenario would also help during Euro WoE. Loli has been using their "passing" technique all the time, and it has come to my attention that Empyrean are doing the same, with Existence as their sub-guild. The only big guild that woes on Euro is Loli, sometimes Predicament too, but having 2 castles instead of one would at least give other small guilds a chance too. So to me, having 2-2 castle for US and Euro woe is a win-win situation.

I sort of messed up my post I meant to add at the end that I agree with the bascojin card buff totally! Even with the emps current 250m hp it breaks very fast and an effect way of healing it is very needed for woe hands down.

Edited by HerLove

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I think the drops might be fine as they are actually just change the woe mechanics.

ahhhh everything above is a good ideaaa lol

wooee tokkenns ./rice

nines u like tacos?...demn mexican LOL jk

but yeah guys, make woe more exciting the guardians were fun, and if they increase dramatically in ability and number that would bring more diversity and role into attcking a castle.

Sanctuary must also get fixed/ buffed, it is a vital part of defending a castle and restoring the emp's health in the lag time until more breakers arrive.

incoming joke but:

have this megasaurus thanatos/detale type creature pop up every random minute and murk every1 in a random room in teh castle Lolol (a joke but still, mix things up, make it interesting)

ill try to come up with a good idea myself a little later =D

Edited by Masahiro

With regards to the manner of guild-forming, why not make US-Euro woe 2-2 castles? Let Alde be a Euro castle. In my experience there are basically 3 big guilds during woe which occupies 3 castles during American woe. Which means even if the rest of the people joined to form one guild, the two other big guilds would still have castles for their own. So if there were only 2 castles, 2 of the big guilds would fight for one castle, while the last big guild would have to defend it against the rest of the population. I think this would encourage people to woe more because defense would surely be there. (Not just speed potting to emp room, slapping on full damage, then going zerk) Also this 2-2 castle scenario would also help during Euro WoE. Loli has been using their "passing" technique all the time, and it has come to my attention that Empyrean are doing the same, with Existence as their sub-guild. The only big guild that woes on Euro is Loli, sometimes Predicament too, but having 2 castles instead of one would at least give other small guilds a chance too. So to me, having 2-2 castle for US and Euro woe is a win-win situation.

lol i dont agree here, with the current 3 castles there is already insane competition for them, we dont want people holding 2 much of a monopoly especially since lucky breaks happen fairly often in the latter 3-5 mins of woe.

coming back to the current reduct system Large guilds e.g Trans with a million members online get broken through fairly often from 5-8 men factions with these reducts.

not to mention if there are only 2 castles, more than just these 'large guilds' will attack them. a single guild cannot hope to fend off 2-3 other guilds just gunning for their emp with the current state of affairs (damage done in Woe and Reducts combined)

if the castle count is reduced to 2 then this will simply become a repeat of Euro woe, since even in that not a lot of people bother. this idea would be counter-productive.

if anything Euro woe should be 2 castles.

Edited by Masahiro

Could you just make a WoE for non-donators?

The same way you have the PvP room set up?

I find that's one of the reasons WoE always is so unbalanced on any server. Unless you're completely pro and have donation gear, you're screwed.

You can be a role player if you don't have much equips. you can do traps, coma, strip stuff and other support stuff. Problem with other guys is they want to always be the star. I always here others talking about " man did you see my break?" or "Man i broke the emp 3 times". Support is also important you know. Edited by Main Man

Oh ! heres something make both prontera chest ids drop emp/imp like the other castles!

rofl! lol i guess no drops? =O LOL fed up w/ low drop rates

idk lol those items are still prestige but i get you

Edited by Masahiro

You can be a role player if you don't have much equips. you can do traps, coma, strip stuff and other support stuff. Problem with other guys is they want to always be the star. I always here others talking about " man did you see my break?" or "Man i broke the emp 3 times". Support is also important you know.

I don't see how your explanation has anything to do with my initial inquiry.

What does boasting have to do with it?

My Suggestion:

Buff the Bacsojin cards/Priest Highness/Priest Elite book.

Priest Elite book currently does:

Increase heal and sanctuary effectiveness by 5%.

My suggestion: Buff it to 50% heal and 70% sanctuary.

Bacsojin cards currently do:

Increase the effectiveness of your Heal/Sanctuary/Potion pitcher by 30%.

My suggestion: Buff Heal/Potion pitcher to 70 or 80% and Sanctuary to 200%

Priest Highness currently does:

Increase Heal by 50% and Sanctuary by 50%

My suggestion: Buff heal to 100-200% and sanctuary to 300-400%.

At the moment with high int (mind you, int doesn't increase sanctuary) and four bacsojins the max sanctuary is 1700, add recovery wand and maybe a bit over 2k. With priest highness factored in it's about 2.5-3k (maybe a little higher/lower). Now lets say it heals 3500 just for arguments sake (I'm being generous here). An emp has 250,000,000 hp now 250000000/3500 = almost 71, 500 sanctuary ticks to fully heal an emp. I think this is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Xtopher