nines

Pvp Changes.

Alright I know theres a script out there for pvp maps so when you kill get kill streaks and stuff it does a sound effect on the map like 10 kills Kyou is on a killing spree 20 Kills Kyous on a killing frenzy. Also could do a sort of ladder related script on this to see who gets the most and highest of the kill streaks, Possibly also list the people they killed to get it (I know its possible but would be a pretty hard script) But in the long term it would be easy to find out who cheated since you'll see if they killed this person over and over. / Give people something to get the highest kill streak.

Also change the pvp map to kh_kiehl02 so theres easy visability of the whole map to see if anyone is cheating.

This would be useful for pvp, I realize there are other things more relevant to be done atm but this would also prove to be awesome for pvp.

I agree with this, I just checked out the map, it's awesome. I think Wizards here would be a bit of an issue maybe, just spamming Meteor Storm would do a lot of damage. (Not so much a problem as an easy way to get kills as a Wizard).

Halo? Well its kinda like Halo and Counter Strike announcements. Plus it also serves a good purpose if the gm's are willing the script up the counting npc for how many streaks you've gotten.

Also the mod has already been made for the voice announcements so it would be quick to install and not require a lot of time.

Edited by nines

We actually had something like this long long ago if anyone remembers, I'm not sure if it was just removed or had some problems. But I'm all in for the suggestion, give our pvp'ers some recognition lol.

Also what I saw in a different server to make it a lil' more like CoD (lol) was that every 10 kills, you recieve a buff and the higher the streak, the better the buff. (i.e 10,20,30)

It certainly wouldn't be OP, cause we have something else for that (hideout buffs :P) No idea about what scripting it would take, sounds hard, but I've seen it.

Well what your suggesting would just be an if script would actually be pretty easy it announces the players name once they get those kills so you just add buffs to skill on char.

I actually like the idea but what kinda buff? Like 10 kills get blessing / agi 20 kills assump / imposito 30 kills ws buffs? would be kinda interesting but if ur alive that long you basically have a gang so it would just kinda unbalance the situation even more.

Edited by nines

Yeah, something like that. But it really wouldn't be OP, it would just be a fraction of what the hideout gives. (supposedly, i guess.) and of course which buffs to be used is our choice, so it doesn't have to be OP.

Edited by Anarii

No need to worry not gonna be laddering after this week, plus sniper bow sucks if you don't have a thana really lol.

If anything else that its to small why not edit the current pvp map so its just the arena box no stairs or anything around it.

I've thought about the map not having stairs, and it was just the PvP box. I'd really like that. It'd be pretty compact, kinda FORCING people to fight, Champions can't always Snap around, SinX can't always Backslide out of a fight if there's a wall right behind them.

Keep on topic, And only put in logical input on the suggestion please or would a Mod please add warn.

If you post in a suggestion topic, your post should be constructive and consist of more than saying you disagree. Just something to keep in mind for everyone else posting in the topic. Don't fight with each other here, please? Try PMing someone and talking about it if you have an issue with anything instead. (;

On topic: I actually really like the idea of having the kill streak announcement added in. The buffs are an interesting idea too, but I don't know if our only scripter would be willing to do that... not sure how time consuming it would be. :/ And yeah we do already have buffs from the Guild Hideout, but that's meant to give incentive for people to get it.. though I don't think adding the buffs that have been suggested would take away from that. I'm not sure about giving all WS buffs for 30 kill streak though, maybe just one or two at most.

Well a 30 kill streak is a pretty hard thing to do, even with a gang its hard to get. So should get a nice reward for working hard :P.

And the buff script would be easy to add on to the kill streaks would be only when you set up who got the kill streak announce name get char name @useskill on char name. just hunting down the mod for it would be the time consuming part xD.

If you or anyone else who would like this added wanted to look for it on eAthena or anywhere, it would probably make it so it was accepted/implemented a lot faster. :)

Interesting.....So if i wanted to script a bow that added 20 all stats 100% more dmg with fas -20% dmg would that be allowed to :O

Also going to check eathena for it now :P

where do you stand on a new map also.

Edited by nines

Lol nice try. :P No, I just mean in this particular case and a few others where people are suggesting something reasonable that already has an existing script. If you find the script you're referring to and provide it for us it's really helpful and saves the admins a lot of time. What I should have said is that it would make it much more likely to be accepted and if it was, it would be implemented sooner.

I agree that we could use a new pvp map, I've never really been a fan of the existing one. I can't give an opinion on the one you suggested now though since I'm at work and don't have access to RO. :/ If you could post a screen shot I suppose I could though. :)

38219701.png

Inside the lining of the octagon is the size of the map, npcs needa be take out though lol.

I actually like it, it would make pvp more intense too. I don't know about replacing the current ones with it since some people may not like how confined it is, but we could make it another room with a cool name or something? I don't know, I'm certainly not against it. I guess we just need more feedback from the rest of the community.

It definitely would make it easier to spot cheaters if we did use this one though, which is always a plus. The only thing I'm afraid of is that it could limit player's strategy a bit..

Well editing the current maps to have just the square would be fine to its not to small and not to big. I admit the one Kh_kiehl02 is pretty small and aoe would dominate on it but it could cause some pretty awesome pvp wars in there instead of people just backsliding / snapping around constantly looking for an easy kill.

Also couldn't find the script so I put up a request for it on eathena.

Edited by nines

It would definitely limit strategy, but the trade off to spot cheaters (and potential kills!) is too great to pass up!

I'm not a big fan of how that map looks tho!

How about a new map be created?! Something that has the same kind of shape (small) but is prettier...lol. Ledges like the current PVP map might increase the opportunities for exploiting strategies.

I like the Annihilation Map with the center part raised and pillars used to hide from attacks. Can that be edited to take out those four little hiding spots?

I think a good map would be the Lms map looks cool and would bring more players to

chat/pvp

I think a good map would be the Lms map looks cool and would bring more players to

chat/pvp