qperteplex

WOE changes

1. Castle change
    • Change all WOE castles just for new scenery (somewhat hehehe)
    • Consistent set up for the new castles:
      • Consistent number of castle entry points (e.g. Currently Euro Mers has 2 warp points to enter. All other euro cas should be the same if this is considered)
      • Flag warp entry point location (Emp room > Pre emp > Flag warp > Post entrance)
  2. Improve 2.0 WOE drop
    • This one should be treated better due to the set up (1 castle open)
  3. Castle count
    • Maximum of 2 castles per WOE.
    • Outcome would be American WOE will only have 2 castles open
    • I know that this will  have violent reactions so I will list pros and cons. Feel free to add on:
      • PROS: Competition, Back to 0 economy all castle ?
      • CONS: Lag due to mass numbers in one place at a time. Back to 0 economy all castle ? 

Overall, I think its time to change the castles coz we havent changed them in like 2 to 3 years if Im not mistaken. I strongly feel alot may not like 2 or 3 (Definitely 3) but I am fine with that. Would also like to hear your opinions about this. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I 100% agree with the fact that there's too many castles at the moment. We need less. I'd say we should first determine which woes are most active(60+ players active during a woe would mean it's active). Accordingly those woes should have 2 castles and the less active woes should have only 1 castle. 

I'd also recommend having a monthly reset or a a reset every (? Days, weeks) on who owns the castles and the economy on the castles being reset to 0. 

As for the setup of the castles, I don't know enough to comment on this point. However the drops will have to be redistributed to the castles which are left, not sure how this would work. 

So happy someone finally made a suggestion on it! 

I think i don't have the right to drop some comment here since i know so little about woe and i don't really woe at all. But +1 to making 2 castles per woe since there ain't many participants atm, i only see 2 guilds holding castles, so reducing the available castle will tighten up the competition between the few active guilds. And i assume it will also affect the market indirectly as the supply of drops from castles will lessen a bit, thus, their market value might increase a bit.

Hmmm there would be a lot of possible outcome from this both positive and negative .... depends on how the community takes it

1. Diff WoE castle would actually be a good change of pace .... i mean in normal RO usually we got like 5+ castles open all at the same time and people would rekt it ... but thats prob not applicable to us due to population ... but instead maybe changing the castles itself maybe every 3 ~ 6 months would be nice (as long as ownership of old castle will be reset when the new castles opens) then should be good 

2. Yah since it only got 1 castle and to be honest majority of the people dont really woe or just afk inside because no one bothers trying anymore since it "might" not be worth it anymore ... making the prize better CAN revive competition in woe .... OR if even with that people didnt get motivated, then it'll prob ruin market since at the end of the day only 1  guild will own it and get the profits ... thats only if they made the prize better but attendance/competition didn't change then it just ruins it more

3. This probably need a lot of thinking and good timing .... since i really think its a good idea when u consider the possibility of competition being tight ... but i feel it might also backfire since aside from everyone trying to compete with one another .... there will always be that possibility that this might literally make the rest to quit trying since they might think that rather than getting something ... it'll be reduce to nothing - no more goal/motivation

I do understand that the point of this suggestions is to keep people motivated ... but there would always be that side where in ... you cant motivate people who already gave up themselves 

This is indeed worth a shot but prob need to be tested first to see if it will actually work or not ..... since if it doesnt then we might need a different approach ... nevertheless kudos to this suggestion

Edited by gunxsword11

8 hours ago, gunxsword11 said:

Hmmm there would be a lot of possible outcome from this both positive and negative .... depends on how the community takes it

1. Diff WoE castle would actually be a good change of pace .... i mean in normal RO usually we got like 5+ castles open all at the same time and people would rekt it ... but thats prob not applicable to us due to population ... but instead maybe changing the castles itself maybe every 3 ~ 6 months would be nice (as long as ownership of old castle will be reset when the new castles opens) then should be good 

2. Yah since it only got 1 castle and to be honest majority of the people dont really woe or just afk inside because no one bothers trying anymore since it "might" not be worth it anymore ... making the prize better CAN revive competition in woe .... OR if even with that people didnt get motivated, then it'll prob ruin market since at the end of the day only 1  guild will own it and get the profits ... thats only if they made the prize better but attendance/competition didn't change then it just ruins it more

3. This probably need a lot of thinking and good timing .... since i really think its a good idea when u consider the possibility of competition being tight ... but i feel it might also backfire since aside from everyone trying to compete with one another .... there will always be that possibility that this might literally make the rest to quit trying since they might think that rather than getting something ... it'll be reduce to nothing - no more goal/motivation

I do understand that the point of this suggestions is to keep people motivated ... but there would always be that side where in ... you cant motivate people who already gave up themselves 

This is indeed worth a shot but prob need to be tested first to see if it will actually work or not ..... since if it doesnt then we might need a different approach ... nevertheless kudos to this suggestion

1. It would be a burden for the GM team to switch castles every 3 to 6 months as you implied and I already mentioned its been years since we changed them. Ownership will be back to 0 once this is implemented and I am pretty sure economy will be back to 0. This is not much of a way to motivate people to play but its just something that needs to be changed since participants have been running in the same castle for years already.

2. I suggested this before (here) but I don't remember what was changed hehe. I think fsold was added as a drop for that castle. Might need to take a look into this again.

3. I am aware that this suggestion has its pros and cons. Its either competition is tight or it would be too easy to dominate all castles since there isn't a free one to take. Again, I don't mind if this one isn't considered. 

I suggested this coz I felt like there needs to be a bit of change somehow. There is little benefits a big guild can get from this. I mean we lose ALL our economy and go back to 0 castles which I personally don't mind. IDK about my guild though(Fight me Dong trash). #2 maybe if the other guilds attend. I mean last 2.0 was a really good effort considering that only 1 guild went through half of the barricades on their own. #3 possibly but its hard for that big guild to attack and defend due to unpredictable situations. Last asian WOE the other guilds had good attendance and defense most likely due to the holidays. They just made a few mistakes.