Maschine Studio

2 vs 2 Tournament Event

I know tournament event has been suggested several times and never got any positive feedback due to some issues like class imbalances, scheduling, players and GM availability and other stuff. But i want to re-suggest coz why not?

Why 2 vs 2?

1) I find it somehow exciting. Should we pick a tank and a killer(most likely everyone will do, pally+any op hitter)? or both killer(risky but exciting)? or both tank(may sound lulz but who knows..)?

2) And a 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 etc event would seem just like a gvg, and 1v1 faces class imbalances issues, so we stick to 2v2.

3) Once a month, or every 2 months is enough. Depends on GM's.

4) Or they can do it like, this month will be elimination, next month will be quarter/semi-finals, next next month will be finals, something like that.

5) May apply same rules in gvg. And/Or remove some class restrictions (just like in fild) so every single class can be fully utilized.

6) Prices is up to GM team.

Wot u think?

Why not just make a class specific 1v1 event ...... like a tournament for champ vs champ , bio vs bio etc etc .... so both players will be under the same rule & same balance issues so no  excuses. Then just let people be able to register to more than 1 event if they play a lot of classes then why not ... playing on all events doesn't necessarily increase you chance of winning since in the end it'll be skill vs skill

I'm just thinking 2v2 might have its own issues - i mean will the jobclass partner u have at first be the same till the end or they can change depending on opponents record or something like that ? since some 2v2 matchup same as 1v1 can still be unbalanced

Edited by gunxsword11