mrferret

Battleground's more dead now than before new patch?

I know this is a bit of a stretch but I think PvP Tokens and Dragon Tokens should be implemented back to Flavius and Tierra map. Trust me... It will make BG less dead than now. Anyone is welcome to disagree but until this is implemented BG wont be the same ever again. The changes that was made is not a good one to say the lease.

Plus only fully geared players can enjoy KvM to get PvP Tokens and mostly thats the only map that's a bit active in BG, KvM. For newbies or semi geared will only go for Flavius and Tierra. Now, everyone is stuck with trying to get toks to even buy OP PvPToks and DToks.

You don't need to be fully geared to pvp in kvm. You can play many classes for pvp with mid end gear.

Bard/Gypsy 

Pally

Stalker 

Wiz or Prof

If people paid more attention to the available classes, their positioning, using seeds at the right time and strategically fighting opponents rather than just expecting better gear to help them win we wouldn't have these issues with weak pvpers. 

Certain classes are no doubt more expensive to fully gear and play but I don't see this as a problem. You can easily earn 1-3k tokens a month minimum on fRO without donating 

Perhaps Flavius and Tierra should have other rewards that incentivize people to play it? Like seed tix, mvp cards or something on those lines. Consumables that can be sold to other players in the market? 

I think the real issue with kvm is that people are still learning how to fight with and against what usually seems like a random mix of classes. Coordinating and working together as a team with only minutes to prepare is quite difficult. But people are getting the hang of it now. 

I don't think the update has affected BG as heavily as the holidays have. Lots of players haven't been logging on regularly. Of course, this will be tested in the first week of Jan when most people will get back to work/studying.

Edit: I'd suggest removing some of the unused rooms and replacing them with a different size of room or changing the existing room structure. Maybe a 3v3 Valley forest and Argus team game with no cool down? A smaller team size means that if more players want to play the game mode there'll be a wait time anyway. 

Edited by dadron3
Stated in message.

I have to disagree with implementing back the PvP tokens to Flavius and Tierra since people exploited that before. It was a fast way to make PvP tokens. Now with new auras it's even more in demand. PvP tokens is suppose to be hard to get since its "PvP" either play PvP room ranking or KvM. I understand though, that it is a slow grind and not a lot of people play BG now.

The point of the changes is so that you play BG for a long time and give players option of gameplay. The prices are meant for a long term play in BG not instant. 

I like the way Battlegrounds is right now. I used to BG with midgear items, going against people who are geared. I died a lot but it made me a better player overall since I learned mechanics of the class i was playing. It wasn't fun to lose, who likes losing anyways. But it motivated me to even get better and just play BG over and over again.

The problem i think is not the patch itself. The problem is just that some people cannot attend due to timezone issues since BG opens and closes in a specific "time". Before they grinded BG even if their timezones don't let them because they wanted ice emps/books/PvP tokens but now that they have those, less players are playing and grinding. Now it's just less people care to play BG for prices 

I think they should implement more times for Battleground, probably times like 2 hours before a WoE event so that there are people online and it will somewhat force them to play BG, just because that is something to do.

2 Hours Before a WoE event starts, BG should be open because that is when people are most online.

Just need more times for BG to accomodate for different timezones(like WoE)

Edited by HolyMoly

On 12/31/2018 at 3:23 AM, dadron3 said:

Perhaps Flavius and Tierra should have other rewards that incentivize people to play it? Like seed tix, mvp cards or something on those lines. Consumables that can be sold to other players in the market? 

Agree on this one. Need other rewards to replace the PvPtoks and Dtoks.

Edit: I'd suggest removing some of the unused rooms and replacing them with a different size of room or changing the existing room structure. Maybe a 3v3 Valley forest and Argus team game with no cool down? A smaller team size means that if more players want to play the game mode there'll be a wait time anyway. 

Since the room is UNUTILIZED, it should b either remove or change the mode.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:43 AM, HolyMoly said:

The problem i think is not the patch itself. The problem is just that some people cannot attend due to timezone issues since BG opens and closes in a specific "time". Before they grinded BG even if their timezones don't let them because they wanted ice emps/books/PvP tokens but now that they have those, less players are playing and grinding. Now it's just less people care to play BG for prices 

I think they should implement more times for Battleground, probably times like 2 hours before a WoE event so that there are people online and it will somewhat force them to play BG, just because that is something to do.

2 Hours Before a WoE event starts, BG should be open because that is when people are most online.

Mostly the main reason. But even newbies are afraid of joining BG. Plus, if you gather all the players online and put them in BG it'll be packaf. But players seem to not care for free PvPToks, Book or Ice Emp. They want to do the harder route. 

Time is also a main issue for BG. But even if they implemented more BG Time it wont change due to I know who the BG Regulars are. Even I only started about 2-3 months ago and I'm a regular. But we'll see if they want to open BG more and see how it goes.

For me personally since its a bit dead I suggest open it 4-5 days a week. From there do a statistic on which time has the most players joining BG. Then open for only those specific times.

• Like 1

1 more suggestion to any of the BG maps... Make it a time limit. What that means is after the room is open, once the players click on the registration chat box the timer goes off. After a specific waiting time the map will start. For me personally I dont care if the team is balance or not. It's better than waiting 15-20mins per map. Plus, win or lose you still get tokens from the specific rooms.

44 minutes ago, mrferret said:

1 more suggestion to any of the BG maps... Make it a time limit. What that means is after the room is open, once the players click on the registration chat box the timer goes off. After a specific waiting time the map will start. For me personally I dont care if the team is balance or not. It's better than waiting 15-20mins per map. Plus, win or lose you still get tokens from the specific rooms.

Great for players that were waiting too long for a BGD match.

Agree to this add-on anyway ❤️ 

• Like 1

there is 3 item to look into in this BG

1) The time on 6-8PM SAT on sever time need to change. This is mostly because on that time asian time is 7-9am SUN. Lack of player during this time, making u need to wait 5-15 min on 1 game to start. I suggest it to change to another time when peak player online the better.

2) The flag on Flav need to change more like WOE flag. This is kinda annoying when u accidentally click the flag and warped to your base. This is the same when you need to take Flav token when the event is finished, if u miss click the flag u will warped out of the room and never ever get the token. I think its the same as Tiera when u need to remove you maya P to take the token reward.

3) Like discussion above, the reward for flav and tiera should be revise or so that can bring a newbie to join BG. Thus making the waiting time shorter. 

4) Make the waiting room at BG is skill able, thus you can get FCP inside the BG room while waiting. You dnt need to keep on relog to get FCP outside BG then warped inside with a FCP.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:02 PM, mrferret said:

+ 1

On 12/31/2018 at 4:43 AM, HolyMoly said:

+ 1

+ 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, Death said:

Great feedbacks !! ... tell us more what you guys think and we'll look into it and see how it goes

+1 Pls do... 

16 hours ago, slacterinc said:

1) The time on 6-8PM SAT on sever time need to change. This is mostly because on that time asian time is 7-9am SUN. Lack of player during this time, making u need to wait 5-15 min on 1 game to start. I suggest it to change to another time when peak player online the better.

2) The flag on Flav need to change more like WOE flag. This is kinda annoying when u accidentally click the flag and warped to your base. This is the same when you need to take Flav token when the event is finished, if u miss click the flag u will warped out of the room and never ever get the token. I think its the same as Tiera when u need to remove you maya P to take the token reward.

3) Like discussion above, the reward for flav and tiera should be revise or so that can bring a newbie to join BG. Thus making the waiting time shorter. 

4) Make the waiting room at BG is skill able, thus you can get FCP inside the BG room while waiting. You dnt need to keep on relog to get FCP outside BG then warped inside with a FCP.

+1 Nice...

On 1/19/2019 at 7:22 PM, slacterinc said:

and to Add 1 more, In flav, when ever you are dead and meet the therapist or Storage NPC, there is time when you will be warped back in battle field in sec without even can open the storage, There is bug sometime. Please make it that you just click the Flag when ever you are ready and be warped to battle field.