Ableton

1 vs 1 Tournament

May i suggest for us to have a 1 vs 1 tournament here and let's name it:

The FRO Championship.

-All participants should register their names prior to the tournament.

-Matches and bracketing will be done and scheduled by the hosting GM.

-Before the fight, the hosting GM should announce and broadcast the upcoming match (state the name of the players who will be fighting on arena), so the players would be aware.

-Participants will be fighting on a ring (we can use battle grounds or any similar). Before the round starts, it's pvp off. Then the GM will count down to start the fight, then turns on pvp.

Tournament Rules:

1. Dont spam offensive skills (specially aoe) before the countdown finishes.

2. Ygg berries and seeds are allowed (but limited quantities, say, 3-5 pcs of seed OR berry tickets, not both)

3. Storage is not allowed.

4. If you leave the on going fight w/o valid reason (say, pretending you got dc), your fight is forfeited.

5. If you come too late on your scheduled match (say, 2-3 mins late), your fight is forfeited.

Additional notes/suggestions:

- Spectators during matches are allowed to encourage more players to participate.

- The champion's character will be displayed on the server's website for several weeks (for bragging rights and more hype) HAHAHAHAA.

- We can display to the server website the upcoming matches to promote the event and additional hype.

- We can upload to fRO facebook page the recorded fights for promotion.

- The event would be once a month or as per GMs discretion.

Wachu guys think?

Edited by Ableton

+1 Added suggestion 

theres an OP char to others, :) more fun. more pride. :)
imaging you are the top1 in your class, then you are invited to the All Class Fro Championship <3 more fun!

Class Vs Class 1v1 tournament champions 
All Class Fro Championship

+1 to this, but I would also suggest that players can create a new character like NvZ with fixed non donation items and players can setup battle items and skills because if we use our own items, it wont be fair to others (non-donators).

It would be like battle of skilled players, not just battle of OP items.

Edited by B u m b l e B e e

Sounds nice as well, but you see. In a fight like this, it's a battle of everything you got. It means, all that you have and all that you are.

Your gears (regardless of donator or not), playing skills and experience, even your internet connection speed are all part of your battling strength.

Some players might even borrow "OP" items from their friends before the scheduled match, but who cares. If you become champion by borrowing gears, then so be it.

Edited by Ableton

10 hours ago, Ableton said:

Sounds nice as well, but you see. In a fight like this, it's a battle of everything you got. It means, all that you have and all that you are.

Your gears (regardless of donator or not), playing skills and experience, even your internet connection speed are all part of your battling strength.

Some players might even borrow "OP" items from their friends before the scheduled match, but who cares. If you become champion by borrowing gears, then so be it.

there are players with OP items that their opponents doesnt have. Some of the items in Fro are expensive that other people couldn't afford. it would be nice if they will start with newbie items and may the best build wins. 

My thoughts:

• I love the idea of having a Tournament, and the fact that the winner shall be crowned as the "Champion" or let's say, "Best player of the month"
  • Limiting the players with their seeds/berries would be impossible to check
  • I'd say, this will be a tournament for everyone, and if the "non-donators" as we speak did register, then it's their fault for going against the others unprepared. There are many players here that are also non-donators who worked hard for their items and are now called "donators" when they didn't. It's a matter of hard work. I understand how fairness is important to you guys, but if newbies wanted to see themselves crowned as the best player, then they should strive like how you did back in the past.
  • Having a "scheduled" event would be really hard especially for the Host GM since there's always a possibility of those who are registered to be absent during the event. My idea for this one is to find an ideal time wherein a lot of people are online, post the date and time here in the forums and/or in the facebook page, and then, during the event itself, the registration comes. To lessen the chances of being absent and wasting the time of the GM setting up the event.
  • A 1v1 event would really take a long time to finish, and not everyone can be present during the whole duration of the event. My idea would be, if there are more than 15 participants, then PvP will be on for everyone to have a chance to kill each other. The Host GM will then wait until there are 10 participants left to start the 1v1 Tournament.
  • I also love the idea of having a Tournament for each class, it could be done weekly, like for example for September. Week#1:Snipers, Week#2:Champions. And this tournament will be similar to the mechanics above.

Those were my thoughts, I'd love to help promote the server and if ever you wanted my opinion, just leave me a message :)

Edited by Harmony

My thoughts on GM Harmony's thoughts. XD

- Regarding seeds/berries. Perhaps, we can completely disable the use of seeds & berries in the tournament. Instead, the participating players will receive a certain amount of "tournament-only-berries" upon registration (similar to Wish's Ygg Berry that we receive everytime we make a new character).

- I agree with GM Harmony, separation of donators and non-donators is useless. It will only bring higher walls between players. If you want to join the tournament, gear up.

- Regarding the 10-player-limit of the tournament, i suggest we can have a first-come-first-served type of registration, whereas only the first 10 players who registered will be accepted.

- "Class Tournament" is also nice. But let's all bring 10 buckets of popcorn when it's Ninja's turn. XD

4 hours ago, Ableton said:

My thoughts on GM Harmony's thoughts. XD

- Regarding seeds/berries. Perhaps, we can completely disable the use of seeds & berries in the tournament. Instead, the participating players will receive a certain amount of "tournament-only-berries" upon registration (similar to Wish's Ygg Berry that we receive everytime we make a new character).

- I agree with GM Harmony, separation of donators and non-donators is useless. It will only bring higher walls between players. If you want to join the tournament, gear up.

- Regarding the 10-player-limit of the tournament, i suggest we can have a first-come-first-served type of registration, whereas only the first 10 players who registered will be accepted.

- "Class Tournament" is also nice. But let's all bring 10 buckets of popcorn when it's Ninja's turn. XD

If we do first come first serve then it's kind of useless to call it "Best player of the month" considering that only 10 would be entertained. There should be something that would eliminate the other participants, rather than having a first come first serve system.