Fenrir

Battle Ground [BG] System

Objective: To add more fun and excitement to players including newbies and to lessen people just AFKing in Fcity and other Cities.

Idea: I don't know if this was already suggested in the past but as I have observed, people in fRO, are just either afking in Fcity and other Cities, Farming/MVPing, or PVPing in for_fild01 or pvp rooms(but only beneficial or exciting to well funded players and sometimes does not involve an interaction or teamwork between newbies and veterans). So, to add more fun, excitement, teamwork, practice to players both veteran and newbie, why don't we launch a BATTLE GROUND system?

What is a battleground system? Well, please click to this link to know more about it: http://ratemyserver.net/battleground.php

Basically, it is like a combination of PVP/WoE/GvG/PartyVersusParty. There will be a waiting room for those who would like to join it and there's a maximum number of players who can join so as to not overcrowd it. The players shall then be grouped into 2 teams and the grouping will be system generated/decided. Upon reaching the minimum numbers required, there shall be a countdown (2 minutes or less) so that more players can join before it would start. The players will then be warped to the BG Arena(depending on what arenas are implemented and what is scheduled). Each arena has it's own goal: some are for pure PVP(those who first reach a minimum number of kills in total for the team wins), some are like the WoE castles where you have to destroy the Emp of the defending team, and a case where both teams have their own Emp to defend(The EMPs have a fixed amount of HP and be damages with 1 HP per hit fixed, not withstanding element or weapon used). However, there shall be a maximum amount of time for each BG to be finished(5 minutes or 10, it depends). Of course, in all of these, there shall be PvP so having a strategy with your team has its benefits.

This will be a round the clock system and will turn on when the amount of players in the waiting room exceeds a certain amount(e.g. 10) with intervals of maybe 5 minutes or less per BG.

Rewards: Well, this depends on the GMs on what they think will give the most balanced result.

-Bravery Badge/Valor Badge/BG Points -this will be given to all players after every BG, twice the amount is given to the winning team, (eg. 4 to the winners 1 or 2 to the losers). The badges can be exchanged to either BG exclusive items(BG Poison Bottle, BG Ygg berries, BG FCP, BG Cursed water, etc.), COnsumable items(Ygg Tix, FCP tix, prices should be high enough so as to not get those farmers for these items be left out), BG exclusive set ( BG ABC whatever), Headgears(Ship Hat etc at the right price), or whichever is balanced. The items can be class bound(non tradeable, storeable, droppable etc)

- BG Tokens (non tradeable or tradeable depending on the balancing)(storeable or non storeable) same usage with Bravery Badge.

- Fame Points ( to enhance the effects of Fking sets or whatever)

- any other alternatives, the main objective of BG is to give the players some excitement.

Benefits: First, this will be a nice venue for players to practice their skills in PvP/WoE/Teamwork and determinte their strengths and weaknesses instead of just AFKing somewhere. This will also be a great chance for people to find new friends, share ideas, and maybe find a good guild for them. Also, this is another way of collecting items instead of just farming/or voting/ staying online/ whatever. Lastly, this would encourage all the players and lure new players into the server because of the excitement, fun, and rewards it gives.

Additional Mechanics: Either there shall not be more than a certain amount of number for a certain class(e.g. 8 snipers) and/or Dual Log-in is not allowed in the BG room and/or Players who do not move for more than 10 secons(?) are automatically kicked out from the room.

Team: All the players in FRO may it be a newbie of a veteran or whatever character you are in.

Result: Players will have a new venue for fun and teamwork and a venue to acquire items. Some mechanics may become abused but can always be edited/prevented in the long run. At least, fun is alive!

This is not a complete suggestion. You can add more in the comments. You may also change some ideas. or you could create a new idea by yourself. All I want is to give players a venue for fun. Veterans to not get bored and Newbies to acquire knowledge and items.

Thank you!

Edited by Fenrir
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, lord_dhan26 said:

YES !! YES!!! YES!!!!! HELL YEAHH!!!!!!!!

OMG THIS SUGGESTION GOT ME PUMPED TODAY... thx man

Thanks man. I hope this get's implemented though. This would be a hell of a fun and a new experience. haha!

+1, tho, do you have any idea on how to make the most out of it, when it comes to semi/full geared players?

i dun want to see newbie players saying "i'd definitely lose to those full geared playas"

4 hours ago, p3wp3w said:

+1, tho, do you have any idea on how to make the most out of it, when it comes to semi/full geared players?

i dun want to see newbie players saying "i'd definitely lose to those full geared playas"

He mentions that the losers still get BG rewards, just a significant less than the winners, so even if they lose they get something from it.

+10

Back when i used to play World of warcraft best part of that game happend to be BG :D

id love to see it here honestly it would increase activity in the game :D id probably even quit ring making and go BG 24*7 lol

I totally agree with you, and I'm pretty sure this has been suggested several times in the past years, the auto-kick after 10 seconds is a MUST because dual logs would ruin the whole idea. +1

Badges must be non-tradable.

If you want both veterans and newplayers to be benefitted from this, then I suggest all of the current gears to be useless, you can only use non-custom gears to start, and later on you can trade in badges for BG-specific gears, just like in the original battleground system. That would certainly force people to make different builds and such, a long time ago there was an awesome event called Annihilation, it was an event were no custom items were allowed and you had to make a party of 8 players to fight against other parties, and the biggest reward from that event was the newly-added Black emp back in the day... then that event was changed to BR, but I can certainly say I had sooooo much fun in that event, pretty sad they took it out.

3 hours ago, Specter said:

If you want both veterans and newplayers to be benefitted from this, then I suggest all of the current gears to be useless, you can only use non-custom gears to start, and later on you can trade in badges for BG-specific gears, just like in the original battleground system. That would certainly force people to make different builds and such, a long time ago there was an awesome event called Annihilation, it was an event were no custom items were allowed and you had to make a party of 8 players to fight against other parties, and the biggest reward from that event was the newly-added Black emp back in the day... then that event was changed to BR, but I can certainly say I had sooooo much fun in that event, pretty sad they took it out.

Yes this could also be an option.

Yet there is really no need to deprive fully geared players of their hard earned items, it will just create a discouragement for some of them since they've put so much time in collecting these gears(I am a newbie myself but i think this would be unfair to the fully geared players). And, BG is just one of the many options for all the players to do in the server. It is just an additional activity. It really is not advisable for all the newbies to immediately join BG after reaching 255/255. What I advise instead is, if a newbie really wants to join BG, to give 1 to 3 weeks solely for farming. What can 1-3 weeks do? Well, in my case, these gave me the chance to fully vote for a Forsaken King set, A Cape, quest for Aurora/Myth, quest for Legendary Weapon, quest for Legendary Gaunt, quest for forsaken dungeon, collect enough Ygg berry and sell the berry tix for 5:1, acquire 3 Kiels, 2TG, 2FBH, 1TGK, 1GTB, 1GR, and an Inca. With these, I guess, with a team, I can manage to compete with geared people. If not, then at least i tried. Anyway, BG is a team effort. And grouping to a team is system generated, You could be grouped with mixed geared and newbie players. It will all end up with strategy. That's why EMP HPs for BG can only be damage with 1HP per Hit Fixed by whomever. So, sneaky players will always have a chance to win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

Yes this could also be an option.

Yet there is really no need to deprive fully geared players of their hard earned items, it will just create a discouragement for some of them since they've put so much time in collecting these gears(I am a newbie myself but i think this would be unfair to the fully geared players). And, BG is just one of the many options for all the players to do in the server. It is just an additional activity. It really is not advisable for all the newbies to immediately join BG after reaching 255/255. What I advise instead is, if a newbie really wants to join BG, to give 1 to 3 weeks solely for farming. What can 1-3 weeks do? Well, in my case, these gave me the chance to fully vote for a Forsaken King set, A Cape, quest for Aurora/Myth, quest for Legendary Weapon, quest for Legendary Gaunt, quest for forsaken dungeon, collect enough Ygg berry and sell the berry tix for 5:1, acquire 3 Kiels, 2TG, 2FBH, 1TGK, 1GTB, 1GR, and an Inca. With these, I guess, with a team, I can manage to compete with geared people. If not, then at least i tried. Anyway, BG is a team effort. And grouping to a team is system generated, You could be grouped with mixed geared and newbie players. It will all end up with strategy. That's why EMP HPs for BG can only be damage with 1HP per Hit Fixed by whomever. So, sneaky players will always have a chance to win.

Honestly, most geared players like me wish for new things to do in this server, I wouldn't mind. But I get your point, so I actually double agree with you haha.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, p3wp3w said:

Yeah but remember, Grouping to a team is system generated, so you could be teamed up with mixed geared and newbie. It's up to your team on what strategy to use to win. Communication is key! haha! These newbies who rage quit are not really true RO gamers.

+1 I'd love that

16 hours ago, Fenrir said:

What can 1-3 weeks do? Well, in my case, these gave me the chance to fully vote for a Forsaken King set, A Cape, quest for Aurora/Myth, quest for Legendary Weapon, quest for Legendary Gaunt, quest for forsaken dungeon, collect enough Ygg berry and sell the berry tix for 5:1, acquire 3 Kiels, 2TG, 2FBH, 1TGK, 1GTB, 1GR, and an Inca

I salute this hardwork

8 hours ago, Coquette said:

+1 I'd love that

I salute this hardwork

I hope the GMs would love this too although it may involve a lot of work for them. haha! but hey, at least all players will be encouraged right? who knows, this would bring more donations for them? win-win! hehe. Thanks!

But somehow, i just thought that this BG that we're trying to have, somehow resembles the Conquer event isnt it?

1 hour ago, p3wp3w said:

But somehow, i just thought that this BG that we're trying to have, somehow resembles the Conquer event isnt it?

Yeah it somehow does, but i'm not really sure though. But i think the difference with this is that, it will be a round the clock event and more on team play with a different strategy depending on which team you will belong since it is system decided/generated. The BG Arenas are of different style also, different mission/goal per arena. Instead of a tangible reward (token/badge), they could also stick with points which are character based and the items for exchange to be non-storeable/tradeable so that all the account classes will be used. But meh, this is a lot of hard work and programming(although I believe that the BG itself has a default scripti already somewhere, just needs a little twerk to make it more server specific).

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Battlegrounds

but instead of going to places to join different type of Battleground. Better have a BG Warper which warps you to a BG Waiting room. Then, to join, they could have an NPC with an open chatroom"BG Waiting Area"(just like when one is waiting for his turn to do his/her job quest in the past) which will have a maximum amount of players allowed (0/20 or 0/40 whatever) but will turn ON the BG countdown if it reaches a certain number of players in the chatroom. This way, grouping players into teams will become random and ease of access for all.

4 hours ago, Fenrir said:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Battlegrounds

but instead of going to places to join different type of Battleground. Better have a BG Warper which warps you to a BG Waiting room. Then, to join, they could have an NPC with an open chatroom"BG Waiting Area"(just like when one is waiting for his turn to do his/her job quest in the past) which will have a maximum amount of players allowed (0/20 or 0/40 whatever) but will turn ON the BG countdown if it reaches a certain number of players in the chatroom. This way, grouping players into teams will become random and ease of access for all.

+1 to this idea of BG, it's bringing back so much memories T_T

On 11/3/2016 at 5:46 PM, p3wp3w said:

+1 to this idea of BG, it's bringing back so much memories T_T

And these memories are what RO players' reason for coming back to playing this game even though how old it is already. haha!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 8:53 AM, Fenrir said:

And these memories are what RO players' reason for coming back to playing this game even though how old it is already. haha!

Have a like sir.

• Like 1