Inflatable Sheep

Disable Party In Pvp Ladder

Why is it even enabled in there in the first place, first of all.

The whole point of the PvP ladder is to be a free-for-all, king of the mountain sort of fight for 1st place at an individual level, not a collective effort on a particular group or guild's part to hoard all the PvP tokens for themselves, which is what it is at the moment.

We already have GvG, BR, and WoE for groups to fight other groups, but this is not what the PvP Ladder is supposed to be. Not only does it completely go against the spirit of free-for-all competition, but it's driven the price of PvP tokens to over five times what they once were. It's not fun trying to fight a whole guild by yourself, it's not good for the economy, it's not good for fRO.

Please disable entering the PvP room with a party, and all party manipulation inside the PvP room...

• Like 1

+1 all the way. PVP Room should be free for all, not some kind of Tea party inside pvp room with Devo. Fuck is that.

Edited by SweetTooth

This has been suggested few months ago. The bigger problem for PvP Ladder is the "feeding" and I'd focus my attention to that rather than this.

Dont we find it funny that after all these years, this suddenly pops up... I can only see two things:

Either the complainant's party/guild cant keep up with the new bigger guilds or someone feeding for the benefit of a certain guild got banned.

This setup has been like standard for most servers for years... its either they make a new event for a NO party pvp or just keep crying...

Wait for your turn, nothings permanent, we all have our time.

Peace out!

Meow!

i want to see the people who are actually doing PVP hours to comment here..

the guys commenting above are either non-pvp active.. or... i dun wanna hurt other people's feelings.

Edited by lord_dhan26

Actually forming parties is exactly what pvp ladder is all about lol.

The one who cant stay alive without pally?

i want to see the people who are actually doing PVP hours to comment here..

the guys commenting above are either non-pvp active.. or... i dun wanna hurt other people's feelings.

Wow nice... so you are saying that we are not pvp active. People this days are afraid to go inside pvp room even 1 step forward. because, it will become 1 vs all. as soon as you got in Party people will kill a solo. and it should be Player vs player not Party vs Party.

Best choice is to Make Free for all Pvp.

Edited by SweetTooth

Then why aren't prizes given out to the parties and guilds that monopolize the room, as opposed to the individuals who actually fought their way to the top, as it SHOULD and is DESIGNED to be? It's called a ladder for a reason.

This has been suggested few months ago. The bigger problem for PvP Ladder is the "feeding" and I'd focus my attention to that rather than this.

The "feeding" you speak of is exactly what I just mentioned, big parties and guilds picking off anyone without Devo that stumble into the room. (It doesn't surprise me at all that the people opposing it so far are all Warsong.)

It's ridiculous that I even have to explain this, and makes me question peoples' agendas.

Edited by Inflatable Sheep
  • Like 1

Then why aren't prizes given out to the parties and guilds that monopolize the room, as opposed to the individuals who actually fought their way to the top, as it SHOULD and is DESIGNED to be? It's called a ladder for a reason.

The "feeding" you speak of is exactly what I just mentioned, big parties and guilds picking off anyone without Devo that stumble into the room. (It doesn't surprise me at all that the people opposing it so far are all Warsong.)

It's ridiculous that I even have to explain this, and makes me question peoples' agendas.

I agree

well i dunno wot to say to this XD

well party or no party pvp is pvp and this is a pvp room it can be 1v1 or 1v20 it still classifies as pvp. I dont see any reason to add rules such as this to pvp room

well i dont go to pvp room myself caz well its kind of become a monopoly for getting them pvp toks for the dragonist armor so ppl are usually always as a group(party)

its always been like this so id suggest to leave it as it is

for people that dislike fighting parties u have 2 options the way i see it- 1.make ur own party and go fight them or 2.just go fild and pvp ur heart out lol

I wld however suggest that more events can be created for ppl to have an opportunity to obtain pvp toks like 1v1 tournament or just a pvp battle royale events can be held by gms like other events but instead of event toks which are given out for these kind of events just give pvp toks

Considering the significance of pvp toks right now it wld be a good idea regardless of the difficulty in the quest for dragonist armor its still immposible for ppl to make the armors without either buying them or doing 3 weeks of pvp room and coming first lol

PvP ladder has went through this before, there was a time where parties weren't allowed because this same situation was happening in the server, always the same ppl dominating the ladder and hoarding the tokens for themselves. Honestly, I see the point in both sides, for the people that don't have big parties it really sucks to see a 15-man party waiting for you in pvp room during Happy hour, for the big parties it's not easy to find so many people willing to help you ladder... Maybe add another pvp ladder, where parties are not allowed and it has an extra prize list (just the same as normal pvp ladder). Only problem would be feeders there, but then again even if its without parties, people who are friends will still gang you, but yea, at least with no infinite devotion.

Just my thoughts on it, since dragonist armors require 30 pvp tokens each, might be useful to add some more weekly pvp tokens in the market, or in someone's pockets.

Point blank, if you oppose this, it's because you are benefiting in some way from the current setup and have something to lose.

If someone is feeding, that's something that can be looked into and the winners adjusted accordingly. Having parties doesn't combat that in any way, it ENABLES IT on a larger, collaborative scale. Having parties defeats the entire principle of it being a L A D D E R. Here is a picture of a ladder:

EYesimK.png

Only 1 person can fit at the top (or 3, as the case may be here). If you're going to have parties enabled, you might as well do away with it entirely, because it's meaningless other than letting certain groups hoard all the PvP tokens for themselves.

• Like 2

I agree with patflowers, it has been setup like this for so long now so why is this issue only coming now? I love to go pvp room occassionally and I can assure you it's possible to get to top 1 just by yourself with enough time. Besides this setup forces teamwork which is what makes the game so much fun ;)

Besides this setup forces teamwork which is what makes the game so much fun ;)

The PvP L͋̓͜͡A̧̨ͯ̊̅̒̐́D̈́҉D̡̃ͬ̂̍̑̾ͪ͟Eͨ̀̆͑̏ͬ͐͟R̸͂͆̍ͯ̉͑ͪͯ͞ isn't SUPPOSED to be about teamwork, like every other event on this server, WoE, GvG, BR, etceteraaaaa -- it's SUPPOSED to be a free-for-all -- being able to prove your skills as an INDIVIDUAL, not relying on the collective strength of your guild like a cowardly noob who can't actually do anything by themselves.

I really understand your frustration. Trust me I really do. I walk in there and I get ganged so many times. Just this week I was in top 1 and I got kicked out if the rank cause there were too many of them and I didnt think it was worth my time.

Waayyy too many that they could split into two groups and kill each other while still outnumber me and my buddies. With that said I still think it's possible to get in the top 3 just by yourself or at least hire a pally to go with you. Just think of it this way, more of them more for you to kill!

Hello

If i remember correctly, it was on 2014 when PvP ladder features were changed (the use of @storage and parties inside) to promote more participation

at the time the change was made, the tokens only were useful to get prizes from token traders room (wings to complete a certain color aura set and other type of wings)

however, the pvp tokens are more worth now since they are used in quest for dragonist armor, making some players monopolize and elevate the prize of them.

As discussed previously with other GMs on our Super Secret GM Discussion Thread ( :th_heh:), I think disabling parties (or at least disabling the use of devotion) inside PvP Room might better the situation, Givin a fair chance to all players (even the ones that want to test themselves and go there alone).

Sure people will keep making teams and try to gang rivals, but its more easy to go 1 vs 5 (as an example) if the gang is not protected by a pally all the time.

The feeding problem is another story, but I think the responible GM about checking that (GM Dream) does a fantastic work on that matter. Plus, if this change means more participation from our comunity, that might translate on more players keeping eyes open in case someone tries to cheat the ladder.

This is just mi opinion on the "parties inside pvp room". I already made other suggestions on the aforementioned topic with the GM Team, however I won't post here to prevent any derailment of the discussion.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

You also said yourself, this was suggested a few months ago, and you'd rather focus on "feeding".

isnt it more efficient to get done first with the easy routes rather than the harder ones?

Prolly you've been solving on how to take care of this "feeding", but still nothing's happening.

If players want to party let them and no one else is preventing you to do so too. Maybe ask some of your friends or just be a "friendly user" to other players just like others. :th_ok: