railgun

Please Make Gjallar Drops At 100% Rate.

Hello all. The addition of new guardian ring is a good update which gives another variety to each characters in FRO. To complete the guardian ring, the player need to collect 2000 Bloodthirst, 1000 Jotnar skull, 400 Mystic Horn, 1 Gjallar (50% drop mvp) and 50 Bloody Coin. For the Faceworm raid, you need to gather thana user mostly sniper or GS. However, I have come to notice that the raid maybe extended for at least twice and the most I heard is 8 faceworm raids just to get 1 Gjallar. There also people BC selling Gjallar for 800-1000 toks which make you wonder where did they got the Gjallar to sell...?This does create problems to the players especially the party leader of the raid. I mean they invest like 40 toks for each raider in party for faceworm. If there are 5 raiders, that would be at total of 200 toks per raid. Imagine when it got dragged to 5 raids? It would be 1000 toks. But it turn out there's some raiders hide the fact they got the gjallar drop and they later sell it for 800-1000 toks. This actually create distrust among players and it destroy the main thing that is fun in raid which trust and teamwork. Yes, you can say the party leader just need to hit the mvp till it's HP is 50% before hitting it together with the team. However time is also an important factor in raid. Imagine you just have less than 10 minutes left when the MVP appear, of course u need to hit the mvp together to kill it faster before time run out. Therefore I suggest to make the gjallar drop at 100% since we will know there will be a drop for sure when the mvp dead instead of guessing did someone stole it or did it doesnt drop at all.

I somehow agree to this one.

Have a friend who's doing this ring as well.. I think the total of raid he hosted was more than 5 raids for Faceworm and invested more than 1k toks already just to get the Gjallar drop.. He told me that once he's finished with this Gring he wont EVER do it again basically for the exact same reason railgun provided.. Told me that one of the member on his party got the loot, never gave it to him then suddenly someone (w/ a diff accnt name) selling the exact same loot on the raid..

Its just sad a person is trying his/her best to make this ring but such situation like this happens...

Edited by VineaCosmos

"There also people BC selling Gjallar for 800-1000 toks..."

^ is that true? That's ridiculous! LOL

I wrote a guide about this quest but I didn't put much info about the raid. I'm not sure if this is still how the raid works but I'll tell you what I did for my faceworm raids. After we beat the MVP, I would ask who killed the MVP and ask him if he got the Gjallar. If he claims there was no Gjallar then we would search for the another MVP. Yes, another one should spawn so you will have to search the map until you find it. You can kill the MVP as many times as you can but I think you can only get one Gjallar so you should leave once you have it. It's tricky I know, it's the most difficult raid in the server for me but we still manage to have some time to search for another MVP if we didn't get it the first time

As the party leader, you should not warp out of the map until you are sure someone has it. Also you should give more reward to the one who got the Gjallar so they would be encouraged to give it to you. I advise that you hire a full party so you have more time to search just in case and also only hire people that you trust. It's a really tough quest but if this is still how it works I don't think the drop rate should be increased to 100%

I forgot to say you should also hire "snappers". We would have a champ just snapping around the map to make sure all the areas have been wiped out and also so you could hire players who don't have thanatos card. You could pay them like 20 tokens and maybe you can hire 2 one for top and bottom? I mean if you're spending 1000 tokens because you have to keep redoing it, might as well get it right the first time and just hire more people. More people = more time = higher success.

I'd also like to mention that you should reward raiders even if you fail. I've done the raids several times and it's not fun! Please give them something even if you fail. Also, it's fine to fail once since you won't have enough jotnar skull first round anyway. However, if you have to do the raid 4 or 5 times then you're doing something wrong

• Like 1

-1. sry. this quest is supposedly to be hard as it is. i think it's fine now. 50% is a big chance. doing like 8 raids just to get that, is just plainly unlucky. nothing else

@TheScientist

I see, so that another MVP that spawn after the faceworm queen also drop Gjallar and it can respawn many times until you got Gjallar or run out of time? I dont know the @mi for that another MVP to check if it also drop Gjallahar. But if it do drop then its good.

Anyway, I do know its supposed to be a hard quest. It just that when someone steal the Gjallar drop and sell it for their own gain, that's gonna make the raid to be more dreaded than fun IMHO.

I think u can check at battle log, there show who gott drop right after u guys kill da mvp

I made 8 raids by the way and spent 2k token just for the raiders salary. Lucky some raiders that I know don't ask for salary and I trust the guys who helped me in raid but i don't trust the one I don't know.

It's really ok if the drop rate is 50% for the MVP drop but please fix the freakin' battle log inside Faceworm raid!!! You can't see who gets the drop because there is no log even if you turn ON the "Party Member's Obtained Item Display".

Edited by Fin

We didn't change anything with regards to battle logs. I also do not think that there's a need to increase drop rate.

if u ask me thats the only part of this quest that makes it a bit hard if its @ 100 drop i can literally make them as fast as bless rings its just a matter of items and wld be at 0 difficulty level lol

so -1 for this sorry

i wish i get as many gjalars i want too but then its  no fun lol. Trust me its like when gjalar drops u get excited mad :D

• Like 1

On 10/19/2016 at 1:17 PM, c0okiee said:

if u ask me thats the only part of this quest that makes it a bit hard if its @ 100 drop i can literally make them as fast as bless rings its just a matter of items and wld be at 0 difficulty level lol

so -1 for this sorry

i wish i get as many gjalars i want too but then its  no fun lol. Trust me its like when gjalar drops u get excited mad :D

Then we raided 7 times for le starGlad G ring LOL!!! 

^_^

It was meant to be that way guys. Sorry, all seems good and working fine to me. I've seen a lot of Guardian makers out there.