Yatogami

Yatogami's Gunslinger Guide

INTRODUCTION TO GUNSLINGER

T3Ek36g.jpg

Gunslingers are flashy and confident New Age warriors that rely on a wide array of guns and powerful skills to deal as much damage as possible in a short amount of time to their enemies. Gunslingers are always looking for a chance to show off their talent.

Bored with only target practice in smoggy Einbroch, gunslingers have decided to take up adventuring, like so many from the Rune-Midgarts Kingdom, in order to live a life of excitement and fame.

(Source: iRO Wiki)

There are 3 types of Gunslingers in the server:

• Cursed Gunslingers focuses on mid to close range combat using the skill mbp28Wk.gifDesperado dealing high multiple damage in an area.
  • Blessed Gunslingers focuses on ranged attacks using the skill zriJUhy.gifFull Buster dealing high single target bursts to a monster or player.
  • Guardian Gunslingers focuses on the skill E43Khfs.gifTracking which has a lengthy cast time but deals powerful bursts of damage almost as strong as an asura, at the cost of low HP and vulnerability.

Cursed Gunslinger Build (Desperado)

-Lets start with Gears and Cards-

Headgears:

Upper: Any Expa HG, Vote Valk Helm, any Legendary HG, Ship Captains Hat w/ Kiel card and any of these:(Forsaken Soldier Card & Maya Purple Card)

Mid: Any Legendary, Vote, Donate or Emperium aura/aurora w/ Kiel card

Lower: Gunslinger Vote Cape/Cursed Ring/Drake Jacket/Lovely Ribbon/Slayer Scarf w/ Kiel card

Weapons: Legendary Gunslinger Revolver/Vali's Destroyer w/(2x Turtle General, Samurai Spectre/Thanatos, Randgris)

(Feel free to test your own card combo)

Armors: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ Tao Gunka and Ghostring cards

Cloaks: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ Raydric and Skoll cards and 2x Raydric cards for switching

Boots: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ 2x Fallen Bishop Hibram cards

Shields: Forsaken Knight/King, Vote King or Friggs King w/ Usakoring and a Golden Thief Bug for switching

Accessories: 2x Dex Gaunts/Belts or Freyr's Gauntlets w/ Dex runes

-Stats-

STR: Put the rest here to carry seeds

AGI: Until aspd is 195

VIT: Around more than 200k + HP

INT: 1(You can add some if you think you eat too much seeds)

DEX: 280-300

LUK: 1

(Note: Feel free to play and balance your stats between VIT and STR)

-Tips & Application-

• During WoE, you'd want to be in a spot where its crowded like the Emperium area or Emp room entrance to spam mbp28Wk.gif Desperado
  • GvG/BR or PVP in general tests your skills. So you'd want to practice fighting using vDY9C36.gifCharge attack, since capes/rings have the skill as a bonus, to push them away from enemy pallies to Desperado away
  • The skill jAHf3cQ.gifDisarm is also advantageous if the enemy doesn't have FCP on them. Strip them of their weapon and finish them off

Blessed Gunslinger Build (Full Buster)

-Gears and Cards-

Headgears:

Upper: Any Expa HG, Vote Valk Helm, any Legendary HG, Ship Captains Hat(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) w/ Kiel card and any of these:(Forsaken Soldier Card & Maya Purple Card)

Mid: Any Legendary, Vote, Donate or Emperium aura/aurora w/ Kiel card

Lower: Gunslinger Vote Cape/Blessed Ring/Drake Jacket/Lovely Ribbon/Slayer Scarf w/ Kiel card

Weapons: Eisa's Ember w/(2x Turtle General, Samurai Spectre/Thanatos, Randgris/Skeleton Worker)

Armors: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ Tao Gunka and Ghostring cards

Cloaks: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ Raydric and Skoll cards and 2x Raydric cards for switching

Boots: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ 2x Fallen Bishop Hibram cards

Shields: Forsaken Knight/King, Vote King or Friggs King w/ Usakoring and a Golden Thief Bug for switching

Accessories: 2x Dex Gaunts/Belts or Freyr's Gauntlets w/ Dex runes

-Stats-

STR: Put the rest here to carry seeds

VIT: Around more than 200k + HP

INT: 30-50(Full Buster eats seeds like there's no tomorrow. So you might want to add abit more INT)

DEX: 280-300

LUK: 1(Need to confirm if Full Buster damage is affected by this stat)

-Tips & Application-

• During WoE, You'd want to keep your distance. The best thing about this class is that you can hit enemies at maximum range using zriJUhy.gif Full Buster
  • Though Full Buster has a high damage output, it can be easily countered. so don't expect it to always be effective.
  • The Skill ihLNjGA.gifDust is Melee so it can penetrate pneuma and push back the enemy. You can also use vDY9C36.gifCharge attack to push them out.
  • In team fights, use Ho8ssCf.gifSpread attack to whittle the enemy team's HP as support damage, though its damage is not the same as full buster, it is effective in its own way in terms of crowd control

Guardian Gunslinger Build (Tracking)

-Gears and Cards-

Headgears:

Upper: Any +10 Vote/Expansion Hat or +10 Ship Captain's Hat w/ Katheryne Keyron Cards

Mid: Any legendary, vote, donate, Emperium aura/aurora w/ Tower Keeper Card

Lower: Gunslinger Guardian Ring/Drake Jacket/Lovely Ribbon/Slayer Scarf w/Katheryne Keyron Card (Or Fsold)

Weapon: Nari's Harbinger w/(2 TG, Samurai Spectre, Skeleton Worker)

Armors: 2 Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ Tao Gunka with Ghostring card and 2 Orc Lord cards

Cloaks: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ Raydric/Skoll with Sinx Card

Boots: Forsaken Knight/King or Vote King w/ 2 Fallen Bishop Hibram Cards

Shields: Forsaken Knight/King, Vote King or Friggs King with Usakoring/GTB

Accessories: 2x Freyr's Gauntlets w/ Berzebub Cards or 1 Berzebub card and 1 Phen Card

-Stats-

STR: until 4500+ weight

VIT: Put the rest here (Should be around 180+)

INT: 1

DEX: 280-300 (Divisible by 10)

LUK: 1

-SPECIAL NOTES-

• GS Guardian is considered as a "Glass Cannon". It has a very powerful attack but at the cost of survivability, thus it's very low HP.
  • GS Guardian is very soft due to the new rifle's description(Receive more damage from demihuman by 35%), so you have to rely on being hidden most of the time and ensure you have a paladin for devo.
  • The reason why I use 2 OL on my armor is because I wont be able to survive asuras, I might as well take the champ down with me.

-Tips & Application-

• During Woe times, remove your rifle when walking to the emp so you will receive less damage. (Try getting a L. Revolver or Valis so you can get the HP % bonus)
  • The wide gaps in the maps are your best friend, Hit melee type chars far away and try to whittle their HP as your allies try to kill the enemy.
  • Stay away from ranged enemies. at best you'd want to avoid them. Especially Blessed Gunslingers.
  • After casting tracking, spam piercing shot to try and ensure the kill. This only works on classes with a low HP pool.
  • Get a personal pally with you at all times when PVP-ing.

-Additional Notes-

• This is optional (Though I am against this and see other GS do it) but if you want a more stealthy gameplay, you can use sinx card and max out your distance and use Full Buster to feel like a sniper assassin or pop out next to your opponent and Desperado the hell out of em.
  • Though for Tracking type GS, Cloaking is your best friend and can help you survive even just a little bit.
  • Save up activity tokens for a Ship Captain Hat[1](200 atoks)(20% to physical and ranged attack) and Macho Sunglasses[1](300 atoks)(Enables use of lvl 5 Falcon Eyes)

Thus ends my guide

Hit me up if you see me in-game

Let me know if I missed anything

Credits:

[GM]Ares for giving me the opportunity to make a GS guide(even though it was reaaally late)

Aerofox for letting me test on him ey b0ss denks

Kack for a few insights on the job

Edited by Yatogami
I love gunslingers
  • Like 5

Great guide! :D Please do understand that the effects for Elsa's Ember will still be updated until we come up with a reasonable damage.

Hope the elsa's ember doesn't get nerved/stays the same. Because I'm sure those desperado build gs's/high end geared users were just jealous about it :th_e29:

Base of facts:Gs are low on hp+sp-based, they need pretty high damages to cover up the weaknesses in a short time of killing~

I feel proud of elsa's ember updates, keep it up forsaken ro~

Hope the elsa's ember doesn't get nerved/stays the same. Because I'm sure those desperado build gs's/high end geared users were just jealous about it :th_e29:

Base of facts:Gs are low on hp+sp-based, they need pretty high damages to cover up the weaknesses in a short time of killing~

I feel proud of elsa's ember updates, keep it up forsaken ro~

As much as I want to keep it the way it is, Its kinda OP when you use thana. Thats why im holding back on the blessed guide for now since the weapon doesn't have its final changes yet

Edited by kylegenesis

I think FB type GS is not that OP, other player just overreacted. Try FB w/ Valkyrie Expansion Hat you will see that the damage will just go 60k+ and to think that the spam is not that fast it's hard to kill other class like sniper/sinx or LK w/ HP more than 250k..And About thana type FB of course anyone will surely die if you won't use skoll like other class like LK BB w/ Thana easy to kill if you dont use skoll. Thanks! I hope you'll PLAY FB type Gunslinger and See it Yourself..MORE POWER FRO :D

• Like 1

Well if they gonna nerf the eisa's gs will be as useless as it was before the weapon was released.

I don't even know why everyone is crying about Full Buster damage... most people are just stupid and keep dying to thana.

Just use a puppetring card so that the GS will use f soldier instead of ship captain hat and the damage will be reduced to like 45k and you could also use high priest card to reduce the damage even more.

If you keep nerfing GS why dont you just remove GS from the game which already kinda happened when Valis was the only GS valk weap and the after-cast delay has been "balanced".

• Like 1

Those who does not knew the fact that damage amplifier of full buster were greater than desperado damage amplifier, would definitely feel that the elsa's overpowered~

Well done, forsaken ro, the developers and also players for supporting the idea's of gs's improvement :th_e2:

Elsa's Ember still needs improvements and balancing. I have added to much increase to FB that's why I will nerf it a bit. I also gave a good HP bonus for GS since they have lower HP before. We'll let everyone know once we've finished the fixes.

• Like 1

Bullets are always have faster speed rate faster than arrow/sword :th_e2:

Hope is a good final results~ :th_e2:

always have greater speed rate than arrows/swords* :th_ok:

I dont see whats the problem with the actual dmg on Full Buster, its an easy skill to counter though...

I think It will be better to think of nerfing/balance other classes instead of GS but, as always, last word its the one of GM Team...

Edited by Budaz
  • Like 1

After reviewing everyone's opinions and discussing this matter to Bishop, we will no longer change the current effects of Elsa's Ember. The effects I made for the latest patch will still be the same for the next patch.

Try to make a Gunsliner using this guide! Enjoy!

Edited by Ares

And so the final result is according to the happy holiday patches~?

Is it? No changes implemented~?

TQVM. Gm danger and GM ares :th_lv:

And now full buster gunslinger officially launched right away~ <3

"EXCITED"

TQVM. Gm danger and GM ares :th_lv:

And now full buster gunslinger officially launched right away~ <3

"EXCITED"

What do you mean? It's been launched ever since. It's the guide that's new. ;)

Well, is a full buster build with a great elsa's ember weapon update.

Without that, full buster gunslinger can't be recognized :th_e14:

Woah nice then..well skool+noxious work well as i tested to tank a thana gs..