davidhogarcia

Please Implement Renewal Interface

Hello guys,

I'm new to the server and a former RO player who's fallen back into the temptation xD. Ok, here's my suggestion:

I think it'd be an awesome thing if you guys implemented the Renewal GUI, with the keys setup, and the bm setup and all that stuff, it'd increase the pvp difficulty making it to require more skill and accuracy in hitting a skill key. Plus, the interface is way easier to use, and allowing people to set the keys their way, well, would make them more confortable for chatting and farming and even pvping, like I already said.

• Like 1

+1, You are 100% correct. I couldn't agree with you more.

Renewal interface gives you: the 4th skill bar, 2 standalone hotkeys, be able to see all bars at the same time and custom key setup. Overall more consistent.

Battlemode makes you tip /bm every single login, makes you angry after bot check freeze (tip enter 2~3 times after bot check?when you are inside a giant mob? it sucks) and some times tip enter to reative /bm when warp.

In renewal GUI, i like to use Q, A and Z bars and change far right hotkeys to 1 and f1 bars, cannot do it in /bm.

Fully agreed.

Edited by Peacecraft

+1, You are 100% correct. I couldn't agree with you more.

Renewal interface gives you: the 4th skill bar, 2 standalone hotkeys, be able to see all bars at the same time and custom key setup. Overall more consistent.

Battlemode makes you tip /bm every single login, makes you angry after bot check freeze (tip enter 2~3 times after bot check?when you are inside a giant mob? it sucks) and some times tip enter to reative /bm when warp.

In renewal GUI, i like to use Q, A and Z bars and change far right hotkeys to 1 and f1 bars, cannot do it in /bm.

Fully agreed.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

I personally love the bot check, I think it is an awesome idea, now, I like using Q,A and Z bars instead of f1-f9 too. I hope they actually implement it, I'm pretty sure it'd make stuff better, plus not having to type /bm at every log in/warp, would be awesome too.

If I'm not mistaken, switching to the renewal interface means switching the whole thing, the whole client of the server, item database, monsters, maps, etc. I'm not really into the subject but it's a big pain in the ass because you have to re-add every single custom item one by one to the renewal item database, delete any unwanted item that might be overpowered and/or effect in any item that might break the balance of the game. Even though I think the suggestion is good, by personal experience, it can't be done quickly, it'd take a lot of days of work.

It'll take months, even years to switch to Renewal as our server concentrated on improving the pre-renewal system to balance out our gameplay.

As much as we'd like to have the battlemode keys and other features of Renewal, we cannot. The reason why is because we will be having the 3rd job classes which means that all the works

that the server did for the last couple of years will be wasted. We cannot have the renewal features without the 3rd job classes.

Our ears will always be open if some of you wanted to suggest things that'll increase the quality of gameplay of our players. Thank you for your understanding.

What?? Your guys will make 3rd job? Omg! Please don't..it will be OP to our custom gears

It'll take months, even years to switch to Renewal as our server concentrated on improving the pre-renewal system to balance out our gameplay.

As much as we'd like to have the battlemode keys and other features of Renewal, we cannot. The reason why is because we will be having the 3rd job classes which means that all the works

that the server did for the last couple of years will be wasted. We cannot have the renewal features without the 3rd job classes.

Our ears will always be open if some of you wanted to suggest things that'll increase the quality of gameplay of our players. Thank you for your understanding.

Not really, I was playing on a server before this one, it had NO 3rd jobs (I definetly agree with you on the fact that those, suck af), but it had renewal stuff. I'm pretty sure there must be a way to implement just the renewal GUI, which would be an AWESOME improveness to gameplay. Just talking from personal experience. However, I also know that it must be a lot of work.

Basically, technically it is possible to add renewal features without the third jobs on a default eAthena based server. But you have to understand not every server has the same structure. To add things like these there will have to be major changes to the ways things are set up right now.

1: Client. We would require a new diffed client to implement the above.

2: GRF. Along with a new client comes a new grf file which will also need rather large additions to it's current form.

3: Client packets. The client packets will change and can cause bugs.

4: ID's change. Monster/quest/item/NPC IDs will change and interfere with current custom features. Custom mobs, quests, items etc. Together with this the renewal items will be implemented. Most of them are based on the new stat system and are 'balanced' based on the renewal setup. These effects can become severely unbalanced on their own.

All in all I'm sure Genesis can mention a lot more issues and things to change that I'm not aware of if we'd decide to try and implement this. He's the only one that can tell you whether it's possible at all at this time. I just think it's a huge amount of work for what seems to me, very little benefit.

Basically, technically it is possible to add renewal features without the third jobs on a default eAthena based server. But you have to understand not every server has the same structure. To add things like these there will have to be major changes to the ways things are set up right now.

1: Client. We would require a new diffed client to implement the above.

2: GRF. Along with a new client comes a new grf file which will also need rather large additions to it's current form.

3: Client packets. The client packets will change and can cause bugs.

4: ID's change. Monster/quest/item/NPC IDs will change and interfere with current custom features. Custom mobs, quests, items etc. Together with this the renewal items will be implemented. Most of them are based on the new stat system and are 'balanced' based on the renewal setup. These effects can become severely unbalanced on their own.

All in all I'm sure Genesis can mention a lot more issues and things to change that I'm not aware of if we'd decide to try and implement this. He's the only one that can tell you whether it's possible at all at this time. I just think it's a huge amount of work for what seems to me, very little benefit.

This.

Well, you might be right in all that you said, because I know it may be a lot of work, BUT, it is not "very little benefit" because, I'm prety sure, you don't pvp/woe, now it would be WAY easier to use skills, items, and such with renewal bm keys setup, that'd mean better gameplay and faster paced pvp, which is something ro has and makes it awesome. Now, it can be considered an update, what good update would mean little work afterall. I was just thinking of a suggestion, that I'm pretty sure more players than you think would agree with, but it's all up to you, anyways.

That is incorrect. You can have renewal features without 3rd jobs. You could even have renewal features with prerenewal stats/formulas.

The information I received was from Genesis himself. And like Bishop said, it'll take a huge amount of work even if it is possible, over a little benefit.

Edited by Harmony

That would be great for Forsaken... the four hotkeys bars, really good if could use q,a and z rows for skills... not only one skill bar, like now.

You are still able to use the q, a and z rows with the current settings, just type /bm and the skills you have in your skills bar (which you should already have like 3 or 4 idk). The difference is that the renewal HUD allows to basically customize your keys setup. Now if we are talking about renewal itself, if we have the new dungeons (this I do not know), and if I'm not mistaken such as Nidhoggur's Nest and all that, even ET (Endless Tower), that's renewal, so it shouldn't be much of a "lot of work because new mobs, new maps, etc", is there a way of implementing the stuff from renewal without having to change the client? I'm pretty sure there's a way to "convert" eAthena and the other one they used which I forgot the name. Just saying and looking for options, my suggestion is something that, like I said, would improve the gameplay big time, which as a gamer, I consider important. Still there's plenty of debate on this subject, since old players would know that I'm certain when saying that gameplay was way better with renewal GUI. (Note that this is what I'm asking, just renewal GUI).

Short answer to your question as I'm on my phone:

No. It's not possible to add the renewal interface without changing the client. Unfortunately :(.

Also I have played RO and pvpd a lot over the past years. My personal preference goes to the default GUI instead of the renewal one. I personally dislike the new skill tree and I dislike the default/forced BM as well. Though this is just my personal opinion.

I think you're wrong, in the server I played, it had everything but third classes, which tells me there's a way of implement specific renewal features eventho I've been trying to google how with no success D:

But still, the forced bm is nothing else but the same bm with a chance to set it the same way as pre renewal GUI. Still, I'm not sure whether it is possible or not, and since you're stating so firmly that there's no chance, I'm pretty sure you've tried, but once again, I'm not certain in any of those facts. I for sure have not tried coz don't know how, but I'm also pretty sure there's a way, it must be and I'll find it lol. xD.

As for now, please consider go into debate because eventually there'll be a major update which will make the client change in a whole and that'd be the chance to try. Just saying, would be awesome if you guys actually tried. :) Thank you for your opinion.

How can i configure q and z rows for skills? i use f12, changing 1, 2 and 3, but always f1/f9 keys...

Theres no option "bm shortcuts"... how can i do that?

About the renewal thing, you can have renewal interface with no renewal content... I think the preblem here is the fact client will change...

But, i dont see why Forsaken staff dont implement renewal interface, at least skills bar... forsaken skills bar STILL sucks, just change that, we know

your great staff can do that...

How can i configure q and z rows for skills? i use f12, changing 1, 2 and 3, but always f1/f9 keys...

Theres no option "bm shortcuts"... how can i do that?

About the renewal thing, you can have renewal interface with no renewal content... I think the preblem here is the fact client will change...

But, i dont see why Forsaken staff dont implement renewal interface, at least skills bar... forsaken skills bar STILL sucks, just change that, we know

your great staff can do that...

With the current /bm settings, you can only use the Q, A and Z bars, as for the first one (the one with f1...f9) those are not possible to change unless renewal interface.

It's obvious the client will change, but doesn't it with any other update even with the slightest one? Not to be rude or anything, but it seriously seems the staff just doesn't want to even try. They have a point tho.

Add renewal inteface will also:

Update storage: more tabs and seach tool (very useful).

U can crt+right click itens to storage, no need to drag anymore.

Full skill tree chat update.

Custom chatbox: u can add new tabs, control each tab information displayed, see damage, exp, buffs, etc.

Cast buffs through alt+z on party members.

Custom chatbox: u can add new tabs, control each tab information displayed, see damage, exp, buffs, etc.

AMong a lot of stuff more.

Pre-renewal to renewal conversion of Client-side is not that easy, I know that (Because i've been thru it) another thing, Admins need to hex a clean renewal client which would give a lot of work for them (No shake on skills, chu chu..) Some of features of ForsakenRO will not be unique as it is.

One thing for sure .. Sprite and Palettes can or cannot be loaded with the new client which will take time to recode it. Its not as easy as copy+paste because you would need to decrypt anything first before you can edit it.

I know renewal is more better and more idiot friendly (Not referring to anyone), I too wants to have the renewal GUI for this server, but as i observe, Only [GM]Ares and [GM]Genesis can do the job here and will take much time. The server has run for years, server and game client has been updated way more than you know. Reset back is not the option for the server :)

One more thing:

Auction System - You know what would happen with this :)