ShadeIromatak

Enable Backslide In Woe

Monopolizing WoE is problematic, but enable backslide to protome "randons woe" or "breakers only guild" isnt by far the best solution. If became easier to smaller guilds to break, how about big guilds? Smallers guilds will never be able to defend castle after breaking (by luck) emperium, hours of WOE will be simplify to 1 wave attack at end? To be fair, WOE suppose to have GvG, Team Work and fun.

About unbalance WoE, maybe unify small guild, reduce WoE guild cap (numbers of players), enable grey map GRF to reduce lag/freezed, increase/disclose fRO guild pack gears, etc. Just some ideias (brain storm), they must be debated.

There must be 1 topic to discourse about revitalizing WoE, so everyone can make suggestions, argument and make WoE more about fun and team play.

With the WoE monopolizing, I got some experience with, that shit kills the server REAL SLOW. Now, ofc it's a matter of game and it's merely restricted to people's way of thinking. Anyways, backsliding in WoE is true that it'd make easier to break emps, but like Peacecraft said, it'd be useless, smaller guilds breaking emps and then huge ass guilds would take it back, as easy as they do, just because they're the biggest guilds, that's a matter of people, not backsliding. Now, backsliding would make it way easier to get to the emp, with or without traps that shit is just not good into a castle, it has a very short cd or no cd at all (cd = cooldown) which makes it spammable like a mf, if it's a Stalker or a sinX, they'd just be able to pass the defense line like nothing. Now if anyone is gonna attack the sinX/Stalker they just go backsliding and use it to run... which would be real stupid if you ask me.

-1 on the suggestion. I didn't read any of the inputs cause it might sway my opinion. First of all, playing as an Assassin is fun during woe even without backslide. There's this skill called "Cloak". If you think you can't get to the Emperium just because you don't have a backslide, face the truth, your gears aren't enough to stay alive.

Now with running[C Speed Potions] and getting away from traps, Loki's seal + Marine Sphere card = Magnum break, would be enough to remove traps if that's your problem. Meteor storm, Storm Gust, LOV spam? - GTB. FAS/Acid Demo? Pneuma cards. Asura? Deviling.

As far as I know, fROs current WOE state is balanced because you can find a way to things that can stop you from getting to emp.

All you need to do is find the right cards/equips to deal with the problem.

PS: If you don't have enough gears, or not good enough gears, don't join woe or you'll end up suggesting for buffs.

-1 on the suggestion. I didn't read any of the inputs cause it might sway my opinion. First of all, playing as an Assassin is fun during woe even without backslide. There's this skill called "Cloak". If you think you can't get to the Emperium just because you don't have a backslide, face the truth, your gears aren't enough to stay alive.

Now with running[C Speed Potions] and getting away from traps, Loki's seal + Marine Sphere card = Magnum break, would be enough to remove traps if that's your problem. Meteor storm, Storm Gust, LOV spam? - GTB. FAS/Acid Demo? Pneuma cards. Asura? Deviling.

As far as I know, fROs current WOE state is balanced because you can find a way to things that can stop you from getting to emp.

PS: If you don't have enough gears, or not good enough gears, don't join woe or you'll end up suggesting for buffs.

+1. That.

If you would of read the comments you would of saw that I stated that getting to the emp is not a problem for me ^-^ Therefor your whole argument that is based on my "lack of gear" is invalid.

This made me laugh, you make it look like each job takes turns to attack you, I don't think you'd go gtb if a prof is spamming on you and at the same time you have a champ that is about to asura you. And lets not mention those scumbag players that use third party programs to spam faster, mostly snipers and professors, switching to devi's with any of those around and you'd have to smash your seed hotkey pretty hard if you wanna stay alive, unless well, every mediocre player's way out, the autoseed.

I disagree with this, I've been playing RO a long time and I've never played a server with backslide during woe. And in this server I've never felt at disadvantage in any scenario while using sinx/stalker (ecaller). Champs are allowed to have snap because most of their useful builds need high str, decent int, 195 aspd and 150 total dex, which means low vit, they need to run. If a champ decides to be a tank ecaller, sure, they can snap away from ppl cancelling the cast of the ecall but that's all they can do. If the ecaller is a stalker he'd be a threat not only because he can ecall, but he can Stealth (if he's linked he has MAD walking speed), he can also full divest AND backslide.

And also, as somebody said above.. backsliding sinx can dodge traps, spider webs, decrease agi, etc, just deal with all those, defending castles is already a pain, don't try to make the castle breaking easier. And if the problem is Assassins getting too much damage... first of all, my sinx has almost 300k hp, I barely have any problem tanking damage, except when I get spammed by several players using programs, if that's the case, rest in pepperoni. But then again you can always get a pally to devo you, a DECENT pally has 600k hp, a FULLY geared one has 700~730k, they're close to being immortal.

ask some elders around maybe they know, all i know theres a valid reason why sinx backslide have been disabled in woe

Out of topic, if you want to add post counts, do it in the off topic section please, this is like the 4th time you replied in this post and you still didn't give a decent response to the topic. It's annoying to get this kind of replies when you're looking for constructive comments agreeing or disagreeing to a suggestion someone makes.

that's not my problem if your getting annoyed dude chill lol whats the big deal lol

Oops, helped you get 1 more post. My bad.

Edited by Specter

This made me laugh, you make it look like each job takes turns to attack you, I don't think you'd go gtb if a prof is spamming on you and at the same time you have a champ that is about to asura you. And lets not mention those scumbag players that use third party programs to spam faster, mostly snipers and professors, switching to devi's with any of those around and you'd have to smash your seed hotkey pretty hard if you wanna stay alive, unless well, every mediocre player's way out, the autoseed.

I disagree with this, I've been playing RO a long time and I've never played a server with backslide during woe. And in this server I've never felt at disadvantage in any scenario while using sinx/stalker (ecaller). Champs are allowed to have snap because most of their useful builds need high str, decent int, 195 aspd and 150 total dex, which means low vit, they need to run. If a champ decides to be a tank ecaller, sure, they can snap away from ppl cancelling the cast of the ecall but that's all they can do. If the ecaller is a stalker he'd be a threat not only because he can ecall, but he can Stealth (if he's linked he has MAD walking speed), he can also full divest AND backslide.

And also, as somebody said above.. backsliding sinx can dodge traps, spider webs, decrease agi, etc, just deal with all those, defending castles is already a pain, don't try to make the castle breaking easier. And if the problem is Assassins getting too much damage... first of all, my sinx has almost 300k hp, I barely have any problem tanking damage, except when I get spammed by several players using programs, if that's the case, rest in pepperoni. But then again you can always get a pally to devo you, a DECENT pally has 600k hp, a FULLY geared one has 700~730k, they're close to being immortal.

Out of topic, if you want to add post counts, do it in the off topic section please, this is like the 4th time you replied in this post and you still didn't give a decent response to the topic. It's annoying to get this kind of replies when you're looking for constructive comments agreeing or disagreeing to a suggestion someone makes.

Oops, helped you get 1 more post. My bad.

True that, specially the fact that Stalkers when they go Chase Walk, neither sight or ruwatch would be able to pop them out. Still, Backsliding would make other classes pointless. And ofc, like Specter said, you can always do some serious fuck up damage, say if you go full reflect with OL and MAya C with magic reflecting set, you will ofc get killed, but you can either reflect some nice amount of dmg to proffs and Champs that attack you, and that's always helpful, since it'd be damaging the defense line straight up and it weakens it. Just what I think ofc it is not an absolute truth.

Edited by davidhogarcia

Oh man?

I get the point of those who are pro and anti backslides.

I have been playing in this server for almost 5 years now and trust me on this, it will be op + annoying + gives more lag if it will be implemented.

Now, we take things into consideration on what facts you have stated.

1st about champs. Its true that champ's snap has been enabled for woe.

As far as I remembered there was a certain time in where champs can't use snap for woe and you know what happened? They are like chickens running and waiting for them to die. They don't have the hide skill. Their only defensive means is pnuema. You see, champs pvp prowess in this server focuses more to tss and asura. Asura, which needs you to get close to your enemy to hit it. If no snap then can you imagine a champ carrying 300 berries to 400 getting trapped, webbed and precasts and having them spam their berries out? Well unless you don't get papanicked and get rattle you can easily go for storage.

Now for the sinx class. It has other counter measure besides backsliding. You have hide. Also this is taking into account that it is not a team game so it is breaker vs champ. How in the hell in the world can a breaker kill champ? That's what your trying to state right? Well, I ask you, how can backsliding kill a champ in woe?? The reason why you are called a breaker cause the thing you do is break emps. If you want to kill champs and other people while also want to break thn go highbreed. Or if you want to focus on killing then go pvp sinx. There's a whole lot of possiblities you know. In my 5 years here there was nothing wrong not having backslide. Lol.

Now, woe is a team game. The reason you can't woe without a guild is that you NEED a guild. And by a GUILD it means you need a team! A team to compete. Also, breaking the emp doesn't only mean that you must survive. Well that's a factor tho. But being lucky is the greatest factor amongst all. You can survive alone if only you know how swtiching works. How to anti and etc. And that's the challenge that is given to you. Breaking is easy and is a piece of cake. But surviving is not. If you make this backslide possible I just don't know what may happen to woe. A total abuse of the skill.

I hope you get my point here.

• Like 1

In every server I have played since 2005 there has been backslide in WoE & PvP

I never played a server with backslide enabled, and I also play RO since 2005. I bet that big and stables servers don't do that, only small and 1 week servers lol

Edited by Puding

Don't be mistaken I don't need backslide for my sinx character I can get to the emp no problem im trying to get it enabled for my Stalker haha! The argument is just focused on the sinx due to the advantages it gives sinx apparently.

I am confused and really does not see the argument here.

You stated that you wanted your stalker to get to the emp faster so you wanted back slide. This confused me since in all the times I used stalker to defend, I get in faster than most sinx. I even timed myself and my stalker goes to the emp faster than when I use my sinx. If that is your argument here, it just is a weak one or just wanted to cover up that you really want this for your sinx.

I've even known guilds that their e-caller is a stalker, since he is fast enough to get in due to soul link. Also, you can now self cast soul link to yourself(since the oriental sword gives it) meaning you no longer need to dual client for it, and has no problems getting dispelled since you can easily get it back. In summary, stalkers don't need it nor are they hindered by backslide not being enabled, so where's the issue?(assuming of course that you really want it for your stalker, which is really weird to be honest).

I am confused and really does not see the argument here.

You stated that you wanted your stalker to get to the emp faster so you wanted back slide. This confused me since in all the times I used stalker to defend, I get in faster than most sinx. I even timed myself and my stalker goes to the emp faster than when I use my sinx. If that is your argument here, it just is a weak one or just wanted to cover up that you really want this for your sinx.

I've even known guilds that their e-caller is a stalker, since he is fast enough to get in due to soul link. Also, you can now self cast soul link to yourself(since the oriental sword gives it) meaning you no longer need to dual client for it, and has no problems getting dispelled since you can easily get it back. In summary, stalkers don't need it nor are they hindered by backslide not being enabled, so where's the issue?(assuming of course that you really want it for your stalker, which is really weird to be honest).

ah! looks like you're updated my friend. Well said.