Applez

Achievement System

Exactly what it sounds like, you complete certain requirements and you get rewarded for it.

The items you get rewarded for completing these don't have to be super strong (although some could be depending on the difficulty) most of them could be used as bragging rights for completing an objective that requires a bigger effort including achievements that can only be completed with a group of friends or other players which would encourage team work.

Some achievements could be completed with PVP as well as PVE.

The main reason I'm making this suggestion is because it would be something for players to be doing instead of constantly just sit around afk in town or in for_fild01,

it would be something new players could work on in order to gear up and even for even veterans to work towards when they have nothing else to do with or without a group.

Feel free to add in your thoughts and suggestions that should be be added or removed with this system. :)

Edit: Already a fame system implemented, could reward fame points by completing some of the harder achievements

also to make it so its not too hard to implement this system could use the old questing system at first just by putting

everyone on all the quests that are needed for the achievements with the list of what's needed and achievement rewards on forum/wiki

to make it so its not too much to implement, at first could slowly release new achievements with time eventually have a decent list.

Edited by Applez
  • Like 1

We do have this for PVP Ladder. We also have a work in progress for Dragon Quest.

I doubt new players could instantly jump into completing the Dragon quest and if it is then good job but as for the ladder its not exactly as I would say "active" at this moment most of the time is spent in for fild. This achievement system would be a new way for new players to work up their gear and actually have a chance of a fight as well as for old players to have something to do while they wait for gvg and woe days also this achievement system could work as an incentive to promote participating in the arena even if you don't win as one of the top participants you'd be working towards some other larger or smaller goal.

I know where you are going with this suggestion, but if it's for the newbies as you say, PvP is out of the question since they have less chances of winning/finishing that.

Since your suggestion isn't that specific, how about we look at it like this:

There will be an NPC either located inside the Dragon Temple or somewhere in fcity. Once you talk to him/her, you will be given a random task (Hunting Items, Finishing a few quests, etc.) but you only have an hour/hour and a half to finish it. After you finish that certain task, you will be rewarded with fame points and a Dragon Token (name can be changed) and you can redeem something cool in the Dragon Shop (Let's say Bloody Branch, Heroe's remains, Muscovite, or a limited edition headgear as the shop's rarest item).

It won't be as easy as it looks, because many players can do the quest at the same time as you are. The opening of this quest will be broadcasted and whoever finishes it first during the 1hr/1hr and a half that it is open, gets the Dragon Token, thus, closing the quest until the next opening.

This is just an example, is this idea similar to your suggestion?

Edited by Victoria

My idea is on a bigger scale then a tasking system for example in regards to your dragon tasks "For completing X amount of tasks =Achievement + reward" this is just a small portion of what it could include as it could be a never ending chain of achievements to what ever you create in the future for something else to look forward to for your hard work and dedication towards a goal.

Can you please give us an overview of this suggestion of yours? Give us a few details on how it'll work, like what does getting an achievement do and what is it use for and what rewards can you think of at the moment?

So far here is just part of the achievements I would have in mind although will most likely be modified and now 100% precise at this moment as well as rewards are undecided and currently being discussed.

PvP Related Achievements:
First Blood Get 1 kill in PvP.
Making a Name 100 Kills in PvP.
Warrior 250 Kills in PvP.
Grim Reaper 500 kills in PvP.
Super Rad 1000 kills in PvP.
Kill Streak Get a kill streak of 3 in PvP.
Pentakill Get a Killstreak of 5 in PvP.
Godlike Killstreak 10 in PvP
Marathon Get a Killstreak of 26 in PvP
Unbeatable Be the top weekly PvPer at the end of the week.
Unstoppable Top 5 Monthly PvPer
Legend Be the Top Monthly PvPer at the end of the month.
///////////////////////
WoE Related Achievements:
Squire Get 1 kill in woe.
Knight 100 kills in WoE
Viscount 250 kills in WoE.
Rush Break 1 Emperium in WoE
Breaker Extraordinaire Break 10 Emperiums in WoE
Barbarian Top 5 weekly GvGer
Death Knight Be the top Weekly GVGer at the end of the week
Berserker
Lord Be the top Monthly GVGer at the end of the month

////////////////////////

Misc Achievements:
Addict Receive the hourly activity reward once.
Up All Night Reach the 12 hr activity reward.
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid Play at least 40 hours in one week.
Why Don't You Get a Job? Play a total of 250 hours.
Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt Stand still for 30 minutes.
Master Smith Upgrade to +10 a Custom Equipment.
Encyclopedia Win 50 times in (name) Event.
Lucky Win 20 times in Dice Event
Detective: Win the (name) Event 20 times
Fashionista: Complete X custom headgear quests.
Fabulosity: Complete XX custom headgear quests.
Runway Star: Complete XXX custom headgear quests.
Surprise!!: Use XX bloody branches
///////////////////////
PvM Achievements:
MVP Hunter Kill 10 naturally spawned MVPs.
Camping Trip Kill 100 naturally spawned MVPs.
Shake 'n Bake Kill a Thanatos at thana_boss.
Jello Shots
Not Ready to Die
Melting Pot of Alcohol Kill 25 Ghostrings.
Converting Vegetarians Kill 1000 plants
Raider Complete Endless Tower 1 time.
Champion Complete Endless Tower 5 times.
Bug Catcher Kill 20 Golden Thief Bugs.
Valkyrie Wonder Kill 15 Valkyrie Rangdris.
Volcanic Eruption Kill Ifrit 15 times.
Rachel's Savior
Abbey Ruins Wanderer Kill 10 Beelzebub and 10 Fallen Bishop.
Lighthalzen Guardian Kill 10 Lighthalzen MVP.

///////////////////

Contract/Mission Achievements:
Quest Addict Complete all of the contracts for one day.
Apprentice Finish 50 Tasks.
Contract Manager Finish 100 Tasks.
Master Contractor Finish 250 Tasks.
God of Quests Complete 500 Tasks
////////////////////
Now this is just but an example and just scratching the surface of what could be available in making achievements possible now for each Achievement completed you could receive X amount of points + decided reward.
(Also maybe a system in the future if possible to give people titles beside their names)
Edited by Applez

The titles won't be recognized by the other players unless the title is beside their name (which I think would be hard to code plus, it could cause issues)

It could be possible for only the NPC to recognize these achievements, It'll have a dialogue like this: "Hello [Legend] Wanksalot!". However, I'm not sure how you will be able to get the other titles. Will the title be replaced or will the players have the chance to pick what title the NPC wants to call them?

Having this certain system will take time to implement, as you'll have to make every task perfect and bug-free.

I think the point system is good. Having to finish one task/earning an achievement will earn you points which can then be used to buy stuffs but we have to make sure that everything won't be abused, let's say, they can only do 1-2 task in a period of time for example.

And maybe the players could choose what task they want to achieve through an NPC? Therefore, it'll be easier to code.

I don't really see the idea of having an achievement, why not just make it that the players finish a task, and they earn points that can be used to redeem certain items?

Edited by Victoria

The titles won't be recognized by the other players unless the title is beside their name (which I think would be hard to code plus, it could cause issues)

Wouldn't be hard to do also codes don't work like that, they don't just magically have "issues" you work on the project on a side system test it and after its completed added it to the original server.

It could be possible for only the NPC to recognize these achievements, It'll have a dialogue like this: "Hello [Legend] Wanksalot!". However, I'm not sure how you will be able to get the other titles. Will the title be replaced or will the players have the chance to pick what title the NPC wants to call them?

Just like the majority of achievement systems out there, they give you the option to change titles. (again as a reminder this is not something that would be added right off the bat) Again the npcs calling you a title does not mean anything it would have to be implemented as a title beside ones name.

Having this certain system will take time to implement, as you'll have to make every task perfect and bug-free.

Yes that's what testing means, don't worry about time that's being taken care of, The achievements would be tested on a side server.

I think the point system is good. Having to finish one task/earning an achievement will earn you points which can then be used to buy stuffs but we have to make sure that everything won't be abused, let's say, they can only do 1-2 task in a period of time for example.

An achievement system is not a earn and buy system, it's a collection of objectives used to either show off or get rewarded for your team work and dedication towards a certain event,repeatable tasks,pvping...etc.

And maybe the players could choose what task they want to achieve through an NPC? Therefore, it'll be easier to code.

That's where your dragon tasks come in, as for the coding I will be taking care of most of it to save time so again don't worry about how it will be done.

I don't really see the idea of having an achievement, why not just make it that the players finish a task, and they earn points that can be used to redeem certain items?

I'm not sure if you've ever encountered achievement systems in other mmos but the way they work is above a tasking system for example in regards to tasks, "Completed X amount of Dragon tasks =

Dragon apprentice,Dragon Journeyman,Dragon Master titles + maybe extra item reward" and this is just for this small segment as explained before this could be large enough for new players and veterans to participate in for bragging and item rewards for your dedication and hard work in repeating small tasks,pvp,pve and misc.

This is already being talked about and I will most likely do most of the coding for it so time is not an issue.

For now while I work on the coding can you temporarily close this thread until further notice? I'll collaborate with Ares. thank you!

Edited by Applez