Jona

Server Maintenance Schedule

In order to avoid all the questions in the shoutbox whether the server is available or not, it will be very positive if GM's can post a schedule containing the information of when the server will be under maintenance (lagged), applying new updates (down) or any special event that can affect the game performance.

I know that this will force GM's to program some taks, but it will avoid player's confussion and we will know what's going on.

Thanks.

• Like 1

well you cant predict that time and date of the incoming lag to the server.. lol..

well they notice us thru forums before they take the site down for UPDATES..

no one in this world can do a task like predict the incoming server lag.. and the always reply at the shoutbox about the update of what things are happening lol

Regarding lag issues, you know when host provider will have maintenance window or update something, most of the serious suppliers will advice their customers. Maintenance window or server updates (host side) means lag and most of the suppliers provide that information, it will be good for us to have that info, so we avoid playing, or logging in, or at least we know whats going on.

On the other hand, I have to disagree with you regarding: "well they notice us thru forums before they take the site down for UPDATES.." in the previous updates, I find that they try to perform the update smoothly but always gets dc or some lag and if the thing get harder they release the notice, so i'm just suggesting a simple post with a schedule to avoid playing during those times, or try to connect.

Is not hard, and it will be better for all community.

• Like 1

well the issue was from the hosting site.. and the dc was Unexpected.. i believe we dont have the right to have that info..

and this is not an update we are having for you to say what you have said hahaha ^.^v

like i said this Disconnection Problem we are having now is Unexpected.. lol

well the issue was from the hosting site.. and the dc was Unexpected.. i believe we dont have the right to have that info..

and this is not an update we are having for you to say what you have said hahaha ^.^v

like i said this Disconnection Problem we are having now is Unexpected.. lol

You know nothing boy, you are just arguing without a valid reason.

Is not serious that GM says they are having issues in the shoutbox, and put the banner after 2 hours. By the way you can check other servers pages, they are not as "big" as FRO is, but they tend to be more serious and "take care" of the players by keeping they informed. If this suggestion is not good for you, feel free to go to other topic.

You know nothing boy, you are just arguing without a valid reason.

Is not serious that GM says they are having issues in the shoutbox, and put the banner after 2 hours. By the way you can check other servers pages, they are not as "big" as FRO is, but they tend to be more serious and "take care" of the players by keeping they informed. If this suggestion is not good for you, feel free to go to other topic.

dude that banner was up 20 mins after the server went down.. i know i was here.. they talk less coz they know they dont have info about whats going or they are not permitted to say so.. without a valid reason? lol then answer this.. what will happen in the next 2 hours? you dont know right? even if you are the smartest person alive.. you cant possibly answer that

dude that banner was up 20 mins after the server went down.. i know i was here.. they talk less coz they know they dont have info about whats going or they are not permitted to say so.. without a valid reason? lol then answer this.. what will happen in the next 2 hours? you dont know right? even if you are the smartest person alive.. you cant possibly answer that

Still not a good argue, I only see excuses and words from you, not a valid argument.

Is not me who needs to answer your question (btw your question is so stupid), is the technical dept. or GM or the person in charge handling the issue. They should be able to tell you any forecast.

You know, any guy that works in a helpdesk can give you a forecast (ISP, Mobile, Games Helpdesk, etc) , I dont know where are you from, but in most of the countries, when you have an issue related to a service (in this case server host) you can get a forecast for the service to get back. We are talking about something to improve the information channel, not complaining.

Regarding the main suggestion, what I say is that all host servers have scheduled maintenance window, and we know that when that happens, there is lag or log in issues, pls inform that to players, also include when updates will be performed, so we know whats going on.

In my opinion it's very clear whenever something is going on with the server.

1: Whenever we do an update that requires the server to go down (which doesn't happen a lot cause almost all changes and patches can be applied while keeping it up) we make sure we announce it up ahead.

2: Whenever our host is having issues it'll either be posted at the announcement section or/and at the shoutbox.

3: When our host is having a general maintenance it doesn't always have to effect our server stability. When it does, point 2 applies.

Today we were dealing with massive DDoS attacks, this is not something you can schedule in any way. It's a malicious attack that simply attempts to make the server unstable. When something like this happens and it has a large effect on the servers' stability we notify everyone above the chatbox and at the announcement section, just like today.

Edit: Closing this topic as we already have announcements regarding the server's status at all times and I don't want the trashtalking in here to get even further out of control.

Edited by Bishop